ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 319
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:58 PM 03-19-2021
Also, being the optimist I tend to be, I don’t think this even ends up a negative at all if certain things break a certain way.

If that $23-24m AAV that was intended to go to Trent Williams becomes Russell Okung, Adoree Jackson, and a starting DE like Dunlap or WR2, is that awful?

It was borderline overcorrection of the OL. Mahomes needs a good line, but it doesn’t HAVE to be elite. It’s a star studded team as is and depth is paramount to making another deep run. Much like when they ‘missed’ on Earl Thomas, it could end up being a positive.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:59 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Sean Culkin posted that tweet hinting that he may want Okung here. I bet he’s heard they are talking to him.

I personally think he’s the best scheme fit, ready to play LT left and honestly was the best fit after Trent Williams signed.
When the fuck did we sign Sean Culkin?
[Reply]
bobhill 05:03 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
When the **** did we sign Sean Culkin?
Feb 6th, 2021
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:58 PM 03-19-2021
Also, being the optimist I tend to be, I don’t think this even ends up a negative at all if certain things break a certain way.

If that $23-24m AAV that was intended to go to Trent Williams becomes Russell Okung, Adoree Jackson, and a starting DE like Dunlap or WR2, is that awful?

It was borderline overcorrection of the OL. Mahomes needs a good line, but it doesn’t HAVE to be elite. It’s a star studded team as is and depth is paramount to making another deep run. Much like when they ‘missed’ on Earl Thomas, it could end up being a positive.
All I’ve heard is that the low sack numbers over the last 3 years are practically all because Mahomes is so good. That along is reason to spread the wealth a bit and not over-invest in the OL.

Granted, the Super Bowl OL is unacceptable. The OL we had through the season until the Bills game likely would have been good enough to win it all.

The OL doesn’t need to be completely fixed in one offseason. It just needs to be better. Veach will continue to invest in the OL every year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:13 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
All I’ve heard is that the low sack numbers over the last 3 years are practically all because Mahomes is so good. That along is reason to spread the wealth a bit and not over-invest in the OL.

Granted, the Super Bowl OL is unacceptable. The OL we had through the season until the Bills game likely would have been good enough to win it all.

The OL doesn’t need to be completely fixed in one offseason. It just needs to be better. Veach will continue to invest in the OL every year.
The OL was poor in last year's Super Bowl as well. They got pushed around by the 49ers until the 4th quarter. The offense had one good quarter out of eight in two Super Bowls. The OL has been a weakness for years. Especially at run blocking and short yardage. They just managed to work around it.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:15 PM 03-19-2021
Andy and Brett are definitely sending messages to the league that our running game wont be denied in 2021
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:29 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
The OL was poor in last year's Super Bowl as well. They got pushed around by the 49ers until the 4th quarter. The offense had one good quarter out of eight in two Super Bowls. The OL has been a weakness for years. Especially at run blocking and short yardage. They just managed to work around it.
Yes. You might be able to win a lot of regular season games with a weak line. But you are likely to face a top five, if not a top three, pass rush somewhere in the playoffs or SB when it matters.

Not to mention the issue of wanting to reduce the wear and tear on your QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:29 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“No quality guys other there”

LT:

Okung
Villanueva

WR:

Hilton
Reynolds
Perriman
Brown

DE:

Dunlap
Clowney
Kerrigan
Houston
Vernon

CB:

Fuller
Jackson

But sure there’s nothing left. Free agency is basically over!
To be fair, Perriman signed with Detroit and William Jackson the top CB in the market went to Washington.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:30 PM 03-19-2021

Okung is a 33 year old that has played less than half of his games in the last 2 years. You can’t count on him at all.

We might as well try for Dillard or just trade up a bit to draft an OT (or stay at 31 if we can).
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To be fair, Perriman signed with Detroit and William Jackson the top CB in the market went to Washington.
I didn’t see the news on Perriman, but I’m talking about Adoree Jackson.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:36 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Okung is a 33 year old that has played less than half of his games in the last 2 years. You can’t count on him at all.

We might as well try for Dillard or just trade up a bit to draft an OT (or stay at 31 if we can).
I think the idea with Okung is to also take a T early. At least in the first 2 rounds.
[Reply]
In58men 06:38 PM 03-19-2021
I bet Mahomes Kelce and Jones wants their money back lol
[Reply]
RunKC 06:40 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think the idea with Okung is to also take a T early. At least in the first 2 rounds.
I wouldn’t mind that but I don’t want to wait for round 2. All of the best prospects will be going in the top 50
[Reply]
O.city 06:43 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I bet Mahomes Kelce and Jones wants their money back lol
They didn’t take less money
[Reply]
In58men 06:45 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They didn’t take less money
They gotta wait though
[Reply]
Page 275 of 319