ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 46
« First < 313738394041 42434445 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson to Browns
KC Hawks 01:47 PM 03-18-2022

Deshaun Watson has decided he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns in a stunning change of events, per sources. Watson has informed the Houston Texans that he now is willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract to be dealt to Cleveland.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
wazu 03:25 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I'm looking forward to a defensive end sacking Watson and then striking the happy baby pose at midfield to celebrate.
That would be so epic. "What I'm just doing a salute to yoga!"
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:27 PM 06-21-2022
So no happy ending to this story yet?
[Reply]
mabbott 04:09 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The Dallas Cowboys once drafted a guy in prison
Who?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:56 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I like DeShaun Watson. I like him a lot. I also like the Cleveland Browns too.

His ridiculous contract is going to **** over the Broncos and Chargers next Spring followed by the Bengals the Spring after that and Mahomes contract will look even more incredible than it does today.

So thank you DeShaun Watson and Jimmy Haslam!
Thats all well and good unttil PM gets Pissy like Rodgers did... Don't say it won't/Can't happen when we all know the only loyalty in the NFL is to the dolla
[Reply]
notorious 05:02 PM 06-21-2022
DawgTalkers thinks 8 games to a season suspension.

8 games would be laughable.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:14 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Anything under a 18 game suspension and this was a fantastic signing by the Cleveland Browns.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:31 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

NFL will get slaughtered by the activist crowd and have to grovel even more than it already does to make up for it.

But in the end money will win, as it normally does.
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:40 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
There was a great article on this yesterday in the Athletic. Spoke about how the Chargers and Bengals are going to struggle. Not with the 55M a year price tag, but the fact that teams have to escrow guaranteed money in contracts. Neither team is owned by someone with "real" money.
This is often what puts the hurt on the Faiders. Amish haircut boy Marky is very below in funds compared to other owners. Some contracts they couldn’t do because they couldn’t put the guarantee in a escrow. I probably that here on a CP.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:44 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Anything under a 18 game suspension and this was a fantastic signing by the Cleveland Browns.
Even a full season really is a win for the Browns.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:54 AM 06-22-2022
will admit, didn't see him caving...

with that in mind, this changes everything if...

he publicly admits even though in his mind he did nothing wrong, he realizes he upset the opposing parties sensitivities.

still minimum 1 year...

he came on a chic's face without permission.

if not, a pre-emptive fuck you to goodell :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:21 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
will admit, didn't see him caving...

with that in mind, this changes everything if...

he publicly admits even though in his mind he did nothing wrong, he realizes he upset the opposing parties sensitivities.
Settling is not an admission of guilt
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:52 AM 06-22-2022
If he settles them all he may get nothing. The league has kind of gone away from doing anything if its not criminal charges. The story will fade and be gone. Hunt was the last to get punished the old way. They let Brown play and he had a ton of police run ins.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:01 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If he settles them all he may get nothing. The league has kind of gone away from doing anything if its not criminal charges. The story will fade and be gone. Hunt was the last to get punished the old way. They let Brown play and he had a ton of police run ins.
Will be interesting. I think the league has backed off conducting their own investigation until a decision on criminal charges is made. In this case that decision was made and the league started the investigation. Sounded like the investigation was almost complete. The question is how many of the women did they talk with.

Because the settlement most likely will prevent the women from talking about what happened to investigators further and give the league some assurances they will not be running to the media as soon as they decide on the suspension. But I think a lot were surprised he did not settle as many cases as he could much sooner.

I think it is too late for him to avoid a suspension. But this might reduce it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:05 AM 06-22-2022
Already had 20 willing to settle way back when the Dolphins were ready to trade for him. Fell through back then because I'm presuming the same 4 were unwilling to settle.
[Reply]
the steam 09:22 AM 06-22-2022
Trevor Bauer was found to have done nothing criminal and basically got a suspension so big it's close to career ending
[Reply]
Page 41 of 46
« First < 313738394041 42434445 > Last »
Up