ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 240
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:16 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Please, tell me all of the times Reid’s “struggles with game management” have been the direct cause of a loss.
What's your definition of direct cause of a loss. Cause there were two in three weeks I think the more successful coaches don't make in the last few weeks. I certainly don't keep a notebook on them anymore than I have a notebook of missed trackless by the front seven last year.

And the point kind of is that the small decisions are key contributers to the loss. Not necessarily the last play of the game or the only reason. But end of halfs and games he mismanages the clock a lot, although I will say he hasn't had as many poor clock issues over the past two seasons, coincidentally or not since mahomes started.

But part of the overall point is that the decisions don't have to be the exact ultimate play or call that ended or wrapped up the game. But against great teams in big games they are one of the nails in the coffin. I like the guy, I really do. I want him to get that trophy. I would even if he was coaching the Vikings or something. But he doesn't help when he doesn't learn and then at times gets defensive about it in pressers and then it happens again.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:17 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
Get off of it. Dumb ass fans always wanting to fire someone. Who we going to get? Id rather go to playoffs every year and loose then go through what we went through after we lost Vermil and Schottenheimer. Those were dark seasons.
We have the same thing we had in Schottenheimer...
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:18 PM 10-27-2019
Like listen to his presser. The way the d has played this season and how tired they were in the second half, how can you feel they had momentum? The Packers controlled the entire third quarter. To think it wasn't gonna play out exactly as it did was just hoping, not making a logical decision and a calculated risk.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
3, and it's still bad.
It's going to be 4. Sorry.
[Reply]
notorious 10:19 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's going to be 4. Sorry.
Don't be. I fully expect to lose to Minnesota.

Moore won't continue to play mistake-free.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
What's your definition of direct cause of a loss. Cause there were two in three weeks I think the more successful coaches don't make in the last few weeks. I certainly don't keep a notebook on them anymore than I have a notebook of missed trackless by the front seven last year.

And the point kind of is that the small decisions are key contributers to the loss. Not necessarily the last play of the game or the only reason. But end of halfs and games he mismanages the clock a lot, although I will say he hasn't had as many poor clock issues over the past two seasons, coincidentally or not since mahomes started.

But part of the overall point is that the decisions don't have to be the exact ultimate play or call that ended or wrapped up the game. But against great teams in big games they are one of the nails in the coffin. I like the guy, I really do. I want him to get that trophy. I would even if he was coaching the Vikings or something. But he doesn't help when he doesn't learn and then at times gets defensive about it in pressers and then it happens again.
Andy Reid is not perfect by any means, but I swear some of you don’t watch the rest of the NFL.

Every coach has warts and every HC makes mistakes. There’s a reason the Patriots fans that troll this board at least give Reid credit and make it a point to say Belichick pisses them off at times. What HC would you trade for Reid? Seriously?

Andy Reid’s warts are just overblown because he’s never won a SB so people fall into the trap of pointing at this narrative and saying “that’s why”.

Sorry, but it really is a sign of somebody that just doesn’t get it, because if you’re going to bitch about Andy Reid, you deserve one of the other 28+ HC’s that have their own warts but aren’t a pimple on Reid’s ass when it comes to the positives.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:20 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah.. Dee Ford fucked us out of that last year...
He sure helped. He was one of Andy's players, right?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:20 PM 10-27-2019
Say what you want about the punt and all that, but Andy had an amazing offensive game plan to move the ball.

I wish he was that creative when Mahomes was playing. Mahomes would have KILLED in this game.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:20 PM 10-27-2019
I'm tired and have a headache... Going to bed... I m disappointed too guys... I want a SB badly like you do too... I'm just not sure who could make the most of Mahomes talents besides Andy.. Hope everything works out either with Reid or without... I'd like to see a Chiefs SB before I push up daisies..lol..

Good night CP brothers...
[Reply]
jd1020 10:21 PM 10-27-2019
Andy Reid is not perfect by any means, but I swear some of you don’t watch the rest of the NFL.

Every coach has warts and every HC makes mistakes. There’s a reason the Patriots fans that troll this board at least give Reid credit and make it a point to say Belichick losses them off at times.

Andy Reid’s watts are just overblown because he’s never won a SB so people fall into the trap of overblowing the narrative.

Sorry, but it really is a sign of somebody that just doesn’t get it, because if you’re going to bitch about Andy Reid, you deserve one of the other 28+ HC’s that have their own warts but aren’t a pimple on Reid’s ass when it comes to the positives.
20+ years.

That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:22 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
Get off of it. Dumb ass fans always wanting to fire someone. Who we going to get? Id rather go to playoffs every year and loose then go through what we went through after we lost Vermil and Schottenheimer. Those were dark seasons.
Then fly a pro-Andy banner and that's what you'll get.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:23 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It’s okay guys!! Reid says McCoy is fine!!

Well Clark fell for it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
20+ years.

That is all.
It’s almost as if it’s tough to do, especially when you don’t have an elite QB!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:24 PM 10-27-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:

Andy is terrible with the clock. No doubt. He makes strange decisions and especially doesn't have a great feel for momentum. He doesn't know when to pull back or when to go for the kill.

Andy is one of the most brilliant offensive coaches ever. He's an elite motivator and game-planner. His flaws can be a real burden and they're all regarding things he does managing the game.

NONE of this is new. It all goes back to Philly. The thing that sucks is his flaws never seem to get corrected, so I don't think they will ever be corrected. All I can hope for is a transcendent talent covering them up. Too bad he wasn't playing tonight.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:24 PM 10-27-2019
It’s almost as if it’s tough to do, especially when you don’t have an elite QB!
It's almost as if he was so fucking great he would have managed to hold the trophy at least once.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 240
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Up