ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Which team had the best draft?
Couch-Potato 01:41 PM 04-28-2024
Which team do you think had the best draft?

...Hate to say it but I like what MIA did this draft.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:44 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, with Hicks it's a matter of skill set and how teams value and utilize it. I also think he's more of that type DJ is referring to that goes 30 picks later than they should as opposed to a full 2 rounds. Box safeties like him normally don't go in the 2nd.
I definitely saw R2 grades on Hicks, but yeah we're going to use that player a lot more effectively than other teams
[Reply]
staylor26 02:50 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I definitely saw R2 grades on Hicks, but yeah we're going to use that player a lot more effectively than other teams
Oh I did too, but I'm saying given his skill set that was probably never going to happen. It's probably more realistic to say that he's a R3 talent that fell to the 4th.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 04-29-2024
Oh I did too, but I'm saying given his skill set that was probably never going to happen. It's probably more realistic to say that he's a R3 talent that fell to the 4th.
Hicks is gonna be such a good Justin Reid replacement in 2025 IMO
[Reply]
staylor26 03:18 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hicks is gonna be such a good Justin Reid replacement in 2025 IMO
I think/hope so too. It would be really nice if Hicks can replace Reid, and at least one of our day 3 IOL can fill a hole left by Smith or Thuney. Next year's draft would be wide open with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:08 PM 04-29-2024
Not enough Eagles in here.

They absolutely maximized what they had to work with
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:43 PM 04-29-2024
I think Philadelphia, Detroit, and us all had really good drafts that fill needs with quality players.

I think Houston had a good draft too, especially since they gave up their number one pick. I actually think they are going to be our main competition this year.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:17 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
I think Philadelphia, Detroit, and us all had really good drafts that fill needs with quality players.

I think Houston had a good draft too, especially since they gave up their number one pick. I actually think they are going to be our main competition this year.
Houston had a great offseason. Danielle Hunter, Azeez Al-Shaair, and Stefon Diggs were enormous additions. They used the draft to fill a couple of holes at NB and RT with Lassiter and Fisher and got some nice depth pieces at TE, FS, and DT.

They should be back in the playoffs again.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:54 PM 04-29-2024
Came back to shout out the Panthers...

Xavier Legette, Jonathan Brooks, Ja'Tavian Sanders, and a late Michael Barret pick probably makes for one of my favorite drafts!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:34 PM 04-29-2024
Love to hear all the positivity around Hicks!

I didn't do much research on DBs this year.
[Reply]
smith11 12:02 AM 04-30-2024
[QUOTE=kccrow;17502741]People say a lot of bad about Buffalo trading out and handing us Worthy but they had a really good draft in my opinion.

did buffalo really hand the chiefs worthy? if they werent going to take worthy at 28 why not get a 3rd rd pick for pick #28?
dallas & ravens werent likely to take worthy so i suspect kc gave up a 3rd rd pick thinking 49ers might take worthy

bills get a 3rd rd picks kc gets their guy--win win?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:16 AM 04-30-2024
[QUOTE=smith11;17504471]
Originally Posted by kccrow:
People say a lot of bad about Buffalo trading out and handing us Worthy but they had a really good draft in my opinion.

did buffalo really hand the chiefs worthy? if they werent going to take worthy at 28 why not get a 3rd rd pick for pick #28?
dallas & ravens werent likely to take worthy so i suspect kc gave up a 3rd rd pick thinking 49ers might take worthy

I guess, unless Worthy spike the game winning touchdown in our 3-Peat!
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:53 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I dunno, I thought Denver had the best draft of our division rivals. I like Nix though so that makes a difference. I think he was the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft and I feel like he's the most pro-ready. He also fits Payton's offense to a T.

Franklin in the 4th and Abrams-Draine in the 5th were highway robberies. Ellis looks good as a 3-4 OLB. Estime is a fucking hammer that they needed. Gargiulo was criminally underrated as well IMO. I dunno, I thought they did great.
In a similar vein, people criticize Penix at 8, but I think there is an argument for him to be QB2. Dude can make every throw, pretty cool under pressure, ran a legit offense. Minuses: Has an injury history, is older, had a really good supporting cast.

I don't understand the Drake Maye love - the dude is flat inconsistent in the worst ways. Underthrows balls consistently down the field. Everything I don't want.

I get the JJ McCarthy as an Alex Smith type, but I would rather draft upside than Alex Smith. Jayden will either be your flavor or not.

I also don't hate how the Falcons are rebuilding from the inside out while they let Penix develop.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:15 PM 04-30-2024
Yeah I think that's a fair take
[Reply]
JPH83 03:17 PM 04-30-2024
Man there's actually a lot of teams who seemed to draft well.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:30 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by smith11:

I think the main rub is that they should have traded with anyone but the Chiefs to let them have Worthy in front of us.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up