ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 469
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:09 PM 05-18-2022
MJ goes back to back nights
[Reply]
poolboy 09:10 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
MJ goes back to back nights
Ding..Ding
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:20 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
There is no reason for Santana to still be on the roster. He's worthless, they need to cut his ass yesterday.
Moore said we’re paying him so we have to play him
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:22 PM 05-18-2022
Royals have won two straight
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:22 PM 05-18-2022
Here’s what I want. Melendez starting full time at catcher. Salvy is now the full time DH. Move Dozier to 1B and don’t you ever think of starting Santana again. Keep Rivera at 3B. Isbel starts in RF and if you want to give him a day off move Whit to RF and have Lopez play Second
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:32 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Witt Jr didn’t get the memo that we don’t hit home runs as rookies.

Melendez didn’t get it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 PM 05-18-2022
Picked a good one to go to. Both Witt and Melendez went yard. And holy fucking shit can we PLEASE get Santana at least down to the bottom of the order if we absolutely have to play him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:06 PM 05-18-2022
If Singer builds on what he did the other night, and Merrifield/Perez start producing at the usual level, they might have something here.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:31 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If Singer builds on what he did the other night, and Merrifield/Perez start producing at the usual level, they might have something here.

This team would be a lot of fun to watch with the rookies producing & Santana on the bench.

Is it to bad to hope that Santana gets injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 05:55 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Picked a good one to go to. Both Witt and Melendez went yard. And holy ****ing shit can we PLEASE get Santana at least down to the bottom of the order if we absolutely have to play him.
They just need to jettison OHearn and Santana. You arent getting anything worthwhile in a trade for Santana at this point so just move on. Its not this hard.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:04 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Something must be up with Michael A Taylor
He's in COVID protocol.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 07:08 AM 05-19-2022
I was a Santana fan when we first signed him, but good heavens how far does a guy have to fall before it becomes evident that he's "lost it"? He's still a decent first baseman, and he has a good understanding of the strike zone......but he can no longer hit the rock. Frankly, it's way past time to release this guy. Of course then you have Royals management saying that we signed him to be our first baseman (I thought it was Matheny who said that), so he's gonna play.......what kind of organizational attitude is THAT?

The more I hear this kind of drivel, the more I think the Royals are being run by a bunch of clowns. And then when they insist on teaming O'Hearn and Santana to man the 4 and 5 spots in the line-up......and basically GIVE the SS position to Mondesi (and yes, the train wreck happened)......and put Witt at 3rd instead of SS (where his unbelievable range could shine)......and continue to rely on Eldred to develop your young pitching staff (who has he developed)......and sit Olivares and Isbel after tearing it up in the Spring......etc.

Whizzo would be proud.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:29 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Here’s what I want. Melendez starting full time at catcher. Salvy is now the full time DH. Move Dozier to 1B and don’t you ever think of starting Santana again. Keep Rivera at 3B. Isbel starts in RF and if you want to give him a day off move Whit to RF and have Lopez play Second
Also let these young pitchers grow. DFA Santana...keep playing the young guys

Matheny and Eldred are holding them back
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:54 AM 05-19-2022
Over the last 7 games Witt Jr is slugging .800 lol. Dude is heating up.
[Reply]
jettio 08:07 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
I was a Santana fan when we first signed him, but good heavens how far does a guy have to fall before it becomes evident that he's "lost it"? He's still a decent first baseman, and he has a good understanding of the strike zone......but he can no longer hit the rock. Frankly, it's way past time to release this guy. Of course then you have Royals management saying that we signed him to be our first baseman (I thought it was Matheny who said that), so he's gonna play.......what kind of organizational attitude is THAT?

The more I hear this kind of drivel, the more I think the Royals are being run by a bunch of clowns. And then when they insist on teaming O'Hearn and Santana to man the 4 and 5 spots in the line-up......and basically GIVE the SS position to Mondesi (and yes, the train wreck happened)......and put Witt at 3rd instead of SS (where his unbelievable range could shine)......and continue to rely on Eldred to develop your young pitching staff (who has he developed)......and sit Olivares and Isbel after tearing it up in the Spring......etc.

Whizzo would be proud.
Mondesi was the best option at Shortstop and criticizing that just shows that Royals fans have lost their minds.

If Mondesi was not traded a couple years ago, there is no cost to keeping him and having him be the starting shortstop because he is the best player at the position.

He played and tore an ACL, so now somebody else plays SS. What was the cost of starting Mondesi? The next best options are already on the team.

Did the Royals have a deal with Lindor or Correa wanting to come here on a team friendly deal?

It makes sense to criticize not pulling the trigger on O'hearn and Santana, but it is silly to cry about Mondesi. There was no opportunity cost to giving Mondesi a shot. All the other options at the position were on the MLB roster on opening day.

Royals did not miss out on anything by giving Mondesi the shot that he earned. Stupidest thing you will ever hear on KC sports radio is mean-spirited haters crying about Mondesi having a torn ACL.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 469
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Up