ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 511 of 3903
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 51251351451552156161110111511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:26 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's kind of funny scrolling through multiple pages of this thread day after day. It's pretty obvious after a couple of weeks of this who the people are that focus on the worst-case scenario (after I while, I just scroll on by because it's always some random niche story that isn't necessarily applicable to the world) and the people who focus on the best-case scenario (who largely don't understand what they're talking about).
Well it's good to hear both sides at least?

Right now I think we have to hope what China did works. If they come back from this then we know what we have to do to beat this. Obviously they are Communists and we are not so Americans are not going to allow USA government to use the draconian polices of Chinese government but if we can adapt some of their policies at think after this virus peaks we can turn things. around. But if China experiences another outbreak then we are pretty much ****ed until a vaccine comes out.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:26 AM 03-20-2020
Coming Soon! ID2020 - Digital ID with Vaccines
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:28 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monty:
My DIL is an ER Nurse and is freaking out over the lack of PPE. 3 kids at home ages 5 and under with a 5 month old baby. She's just resigned herself to the fact that it's not if but when she gets infected.
During flu season, I'd take off my clothes in the garage, use shoes only for work. Put the clothes in a specific place and wash them myself. Wash my hands in the basement before going upstairs to the family. I'm sure thats not unique. We are around infected people all day. You have to be careful not to bring it home to your family. I'm sure the DIL is doing something similar.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:30 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Coming Soon! ID2020 - Digital ID with Vaccines
saw that the other day
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:32 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I just posted the numbers one page back.

Doctors cant run them, they are too busy. There is a reason Respiratory Therapists run them and not nurses. You need a lot of specific training to not damage peoples lungs while on the vent.

Anesthesia people run them as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:33 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So how exactly does a factory that makes cars transition to making ventilators?
Just throwing out a guess here, but in the Ford plant in Claycomo the truck beds and cabs are transported through trim on skids. Probably have to make some skids that are reusable and keep cycling them through if what they are going for is an assembly line to help speed up production. I think the UK is actually pretty far along in this process so hopefully they can at least figure out the basics of this
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:36 AM 03-20-2020
new york is shutting down

#BREAKING: I will sign an Executive Order mandating that 100% of workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.

This order excludes pharmacies, grocery stores, and others.

— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 09:37 AM 03-20-2020
I just posted the numbers one page back.

Doctors cant run them, they are too busy. There is a reason Respiratory Therapists run them and not nurses. You need a lot of specific training to not damage peoples lungs while on the vent.
I figured , but wasn’t sure about icu nurses having some experience around them maybe being able to help.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Anesthesia people run them as well.
But they are going to busy with surgeries in the OR. RT's usually run the vents in the OR, they are monitoring the patient. I'm assuming that the RT's are pulled out to run vents elsewhere and the Anesthesia doctors will have to run their own ventilators in the ER.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:39 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Tough times don't last; tough people do

I still have some Bounce in an emergency.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:40 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
new york is shutting down

The grocery stores are open, but you can't leave your residence to go shopping.

Seems logical.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:40 AM 03-20-2020

BREAKING:
Major London hospital declares 'critical incident' after running out of ICU beds due to surge in Covid-19 cases

One senior director in the capital just told me - 'this is f**king petrifying'

Free to viewhttps://t.co/JtSzbumgxF

— Lawrence Dunhill (@LawrenceDunhill) March 20, 2020

a major london hospital has ran out of ICU beds.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:41 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
The grocery stores are open, but you can't leave your residence to go shopping.

Seems logical.
it's the same thing here yet I saw people outside or doing bullshit when I was dropping my room mates gf off yesterday.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:42 AM 03-20-2020
But they are going to busy with surgeries in the OR.
what surgeries are going to be occuring during all this?
[Reply]
stumppy 09:43 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
what surgeries are going to be occuring during all this?
I would think only those that are absolutely necessary.
[Reply]
Page 511 of 3903
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 51251351451552156161110111511 > Last »
Up