ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 406 of 3903
« First < 306356396402403404405406 4074084094104164565069061406 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:50 PM 03-17-2020
Suppression means the end of Western civilization anyway.

Fucked if we do and double fucked if we don't.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Suppression means the end of Western civilization anyway.

Fucked if we do and double fucked if we don't.
YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKIN PUSSY IVE EVER MET DUDE
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:52 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by KingofDoomandGloom:

Follow the link for doom and gloom
Go to bed. Come back and post this shit when you smell the burning bodies.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Go to bed. Come back and post this shit when you smell the burning bodies.
To me, the simulations prompting the aggressive responses seem relevant to the thread. It might answer some of the "why are we closing down everything" concerns.

I would rather post this shit when we can make a difference on how this pandemic plays out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:57 PM 03-17-2020

Italy seems to have flatlined with new cases for the 4th day in a row. Unless there’s some other reason like they only have 4k tests per day or something.

Deaths have also flatlined for 3 days - lending support to my theory that deaths are lagging new cases by like a day. IE - people know how bad it is, so they don’t show up at the hospital until they’re at death’s door.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:59 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I like this website, but the numbers seem so flawed

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

100% of our cases are mild?
I don't trust anything out of the US right now. We're not testing enough.
[Reply]
eDave 11:11 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I feel like this is a powder keg that's about to blow.

I just drove down to the Waldo strip and it was dead.

24-hour Hyvee at 75th and State Line closes at 10 PM now.
The major supermarkets here are all reducing their hours.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:26 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The rest of the country is about two days behind us in many ways.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:41 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:

Follow the link for doom and gloom
This was a great read. Thanks for posting.

Pretty much lays out what we're in for the next 18 months - cycles of lock down, then open up, then lock down again when cases spike. We'll see how it goes in China and Italy whenever they open back up.

Here's hoping for a summer pause at least.

I have no idea why the NFL thinks they’re going to have a season. Maybe with no fans. But it’s a contact sport. Once one player gets it they'll have to shut it down I'd think. Maybe by then they can test every player and coach before every game. It did say large gatherings weren't that dangerous because the contact is limited. But I still can't see them allowing stadiums full of people if the virus is still running around.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Gelson's is letting seniors in an hour early. They should all be doing that.

Also Trader Joe's only lets so many people in at a time so it's not too crowded. Apparently Vons doesn't do that which is dumb.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:46 PM 03-17-2020
Thats America
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:11 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This was a great read. Thanks for posting.

Pretty much lays out what we're in for the next 18 months - cycles of lock down, then open up, then lock down again when cases spike. We'll see how it goes in China and Italy whenever they open back up.

Here's hoping for a summer pause at least.

I have no idea why the NFL thinks they’re going to have a season. Maybe with no fans. But it’s a contact sport. Once one player gets it they'll have to shut it down I'd think. Maybe by then they can test every player and coach before every game. It did say large gatherings weren't that dangerous because the contact is limited. But I still can't see them allowing stadiums full of people if the virus is still running around.

Absent some therapeutic that is effective and available widespread there won’t be an NFL season and not much of an economy over the next 12-18 months. FWIW I think they’ll get a vaccine in less than 18 months, but all the happy talk about this being gone in weeks seems highly unlikely.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:15 AM 03-18-2020
Gelson's is letting seniors in an hour early. They should all be doing that.

Also Trader Joe's only lets so many people in at a time so it's not too crowded. Apparently Vons doesn't do that which is dumb.
How does this help if the virus can live for days or even hours on objects?

Stock boy has virus, wipes his nose, and places boxes of Mac N Cheese on shelf. Senior grabs it an hour later. Senior gets the virus — or is it not as communicable as the talking heads are saying it is?
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:19 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
How does this help if the virus can live for days or even hours on objects?

Stock boy has virus, wipes his nose, and places boxes of Mac N Cheese on shelf. Senior grabs it an hour later. Senior gets the virus — or is it not as communicable as the talking heads are saying it is?
It helps because the senior isn't fighting people for toilet paper. And presumably it's a little less crowded.

I think they're doing their stocking at night these days. They're all shutting down early. Some virus might be around in the day but it's not clear how viable it still is.

But it's mostly just so they don't get trampled I think. And not to have them around a bunch of youngs who are asymptomatically shedding the virus.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:21 AM 03-18-2020
It helps because the senior isn't fighting people for toilet paper. And presumably it's a little less crowded.

I think they're doing their stocking at night these days. They're all shutting down early. Some virus might be around in the day but it's not clear how viable it still is.

But it's mostly just so they don't get trampled I think. And not to have them around a bunch of youngs who are asymptomatically shedding the virus.
Makes total sense.

Coronavirus is going to shut down the economy for at least a year unless they can find therapy that curtails it until a vaccine is ready next year.
[Reply]
Page 406 of 3903
« First < 306356396402403404405406 4074084094104164565069061406 > Last »
Up