ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1005 of 2680
« First < 550590595599510011002100310041005 100610071008100910151055110515052005 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:25 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Straight-up lie. I hate these idiot mouthpieces tweeting some shit for clicks. I basically hate what social media has done to the world. **** all that shit.
One of many reasons I'm not on social media
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:39 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know he can’t really say anything else, but Veach literally said just last week that they would have taken Mahomes at pick #1.

He didn’t have to say that. He just did.

Yeah I heard him say it too. Andy has said many times that Veach was all over him.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 AM 09-18-2018
I know he can’t really say anything else, but Veach literally said just last week that they would have taken Mahomes at pick #1.

He’s already said before that Mahomes was our #1 QB too.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:55 AM 09-18-2018
Not to mention Payton saying he was high on their list in NO. I'm guessing he was high on a few lists but you obviously don't say "he was our guy but the Chiefs took him so we went with another guy." Might hurt some delicate feelings
[Reply]
DRM08 08:57 AM 09-18-2018
There was also video posted from Draft Night of Matt Nagy on the phone with Mahomes telling him “I told you we would pick you!”
[Reply]
RunKC 09:00 AM 09-18-2018

Veach made his thoughts clear on Mahomes 6 months ago. I don’t believe the Trubisky tripe.

He tried to tell us. @PatrickMahomes5 pic.twitter.com/C70LuSvtBJ

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) September 16, 2018

[Reply]
Jerm 09:00 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This replies are hilarious.

[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 09-18-2018
Veach specified in an article I read this morning he was actually talking about college QB prospects when he said that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:02 AM 09-18-2018
Come on don't get so butt hurt. There was reasons he fell to #10. He wasn't a sure fire #1 QB prospect overall.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:03 AM 09-18-2018
No, I'm not expecting it, but at this point Mahomes has been such a freakin dream that I wouldn't at all be surprised if he didn't care if he became the highest paid QB in the NFL when his extension comes up.

Like, this guy could have been making money right out of the gate on endorsements and decided instead to wait a full year until he got his dorky little local credit union commercial all because it would ensure locker room cohesion. He understands team. He loves team. All of his actions up to this point have demonstrated exactly that.

I don't care what he gets paid. Throw the moon at him. Do whatever it takes. Give him a blank check as far as I'm concerned. All I'm saying is that from what I've observed, Mahomes is SUCH a team player, I wouldn't at all be surprised at this point to see him go, "Y'know what, if I'm making all this money, it takes away from the players we can go acquire to help us win, so I won't ask for $50 million per year or whatever it will be at that point... shave off 10% of my AAV if it means keeping enough good players on the team."
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:07 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Come on don't get so butt hurt. There was reasons he fell to #10. He wasn't a sure fire #1 QB prospect overall.
Mostly for being a TT QB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:09 AM 09-18-2018
Also, is there anybody here who would give a shit if we made his entire future contract extension fully guaranteed as a possible way to save some money? It's risky, I know, but I don't think there's any way at this point that he turns into a pumpkin unless he gets hurt.

Like, he deserves as much money as possible, but given what we've seen out of him, do you think he would take just a LITTLE bit less if we reached out to him with like a 5-year deal that was fully guaranteed?

He'll still be about a year younger than other QBs who receive these extensions. If you lock him up for 5 years and say, "No matter what, you're getting this money," I'll betcha he wouldn't care as much at that point about the top value of the deal.

No, I'm not trying to jew our star QB. Just throwing it out there and guessing about value.

And to all the, "Y U TALKING BOUT DIS NOW THIS IS YEARS AWAY" people, just shut the hell up. I'm a fan. I'm having fun. I'm speculating. Speculation is fun. Go away.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:15 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No, I'm not expecting it, but at this point Mahomes has been such a freakin dream that I wouldn't at all be surprised if he didn't care if he became the highest paid QB in the NFL when his extension comes up.

Like, this guy could have been making money right out of the gate on endorsements and decided instead to wait a full year until he got his dorky little local credit union commercial all because it would ensure locker room cohesion. He understands team. He loves team. All of his actions up to this point have demonstrated exactly that.

I don't care what he gets paid. Throw the moon at him. Do whatever it takes. Give him a blank check as far as I'm concerned. All I'm saying is that from what I've observed, Mahomes is SUCH a team player, I wouldn't at all be surprised at this point to see him go, "Y'know what, if I'm making all this money, it takes away from the players we can go acquire to help us win, so I won't ask for $50 million per year or whatever it will be at that point... shave off 10% of my AAV if it means keeping enough good players on the team."
I think you might have to watch out for Dallas. Mahomes and his dad were big time Cowboy fans until the Chiefs drafted him. Sure as hell looks like Prescott is a game manager and they would probably love a chance to get Mahomes. That’s a wild card that could force the Chiefs to max him out if they want to keep him.
[Reply]
Best22 09:18 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'm glad 9 other GMs were stupid

What is being questioned here is whether KC had Mahomes or Trubisky #1 on their board.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:19 AM 09-18-2018
Hill needs to be locked up in 19. Don't drag it out just do it. After him get Berry and Houston to take pay cuts by contract restructure to help the team. Draft defense early and OL in 3 and 4. Trade for defense if you can and spend all the money left of defense. Fix the damn defense and protect Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 1005 of 2680
« First < 550590595599510011002100310041005 100610071008100910151055110515052005 > Last »
Up