ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Any guesses to which 'foreign power' a Woke couple tried to sell nuke secrets to?
Discuss Thrower 12:00 PM 10-12-2021

An Annapolis, Maryland couple was arrested Saturday by the FBI and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) on espionage-related charges, federal authorities say.

According to a criminal complaint, nuclear engineer Jonathan Toebbe, who worked for the Navy, sold restricted information about the design of nuclear-powered warships. He did so with help from his wife, Diana, 45, according to the complaint.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:21 PM 10-12-2021
russia or china most likely

(because of the difficulty / language issues)
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:29 PM 10-12-2021
Afghanistan. The Taliban is working on a submarine program.
[Reply]
jettio 10:28 PM 10-12-2021
I caught a Monk episode last week, where he and Natalie were on a nuclear sub and one of the plot events was a previous collision with an underwater mountain. I was surprised I had never seen the episode before.

Then one or two days later I hear that, USS Connecticut, one of this new class of attack subs had hit an underwater mountain in the South China Sea, and then one or two days later this story comes out.

Not a great week for the submarine force. I think the guy is going to be in prison for at least 25 years. No idea what sentence the wife would get.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:36 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Hubby looks mildly insane.
They both look like they use the UK version of tooth whitener
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:20 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I caught a Monk episode last week, where he and Natalie were on a nuclear sub and one of the plot events was a previous collision with an underwater mountain. I was surprised I had never seen the episode before.

Then one or two days later I hear that, USS Connecticut, one of this new class of attack subs had hit an underwater mountain in the South China Sea, and then one or two days later this story comes out.

Not a great week for the submarine force. I think the guy is going to be in prison for at least 25 years. No idea what sentence the wife would get.
Love Traylor Howard, Love Tony Shalhoub, have heard nothing but praise for Monk, . . . famously infatuated with television :-) . . . Heck, I even love episodic whodunnits, . . . never seen an episode.

Some things just fall through the cracks. Guess I'll have something binge someday if I end up in traction or something.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:34 AM 10-13-2021
They sold out their country to China for 70k. Or rather they thought they were.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 AM 10-13-2021
Does China have multiple consular buildings around the DC metro?
[Reply]
sully1983 11:32 PM 10-13-2021
Focus seems to be on the Facebook posts of his wife.

I will never understand people who do this shit. It's a rarity, but still, it's surprising that it happens at all.

Aside from the fact that he was betraying his country, the consequences of getting caught are so severe, that to even be within the realm of reason, the payoff would have to be enormous.

From past incidents, I believe these people typically, when they are actually successful in their sales, are paid peanuts.
They both hate Trump so you have that in common with these traitors. Congrats!:-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:30 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
They both hate Trump so you have that in common with these traitors. Congrats!:-)
I'm gonna give you some time to think about how stupid this post is, and delete it. If you do, I'll delete the quote.

This is favor I will only do once.

:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:26 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Does China have multiple consular buildings around the DC metro?
So it was China
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:28 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So it was China
I still think it was France. They have diesel subs.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:28 PM 10-14-2021
So it was China
Why would the CCP cooperate with the FBI?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:25 PM 10-14-2021
Ok, you’re being coy. Neat
[Reply]
Donger 01:27 PM 10-14-2021
I still think it was France. They have diesel subs.
And nuclear-powered.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:30 PM 10-14-2021
Ok, you’re being coy. Neat
Israel doesn't have multiple consular buildings in DC.

China and France do, however.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up