ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Australia Deploys Martial Law
seamonster 03:31 PM 08-18-2021
Australia Deploys Military on Its Own People Over Nine Deaths.

Citizens Are Mandated to Stay Within 5KM of Their House.

If you're Seen outside you Better be Running or Doing Pushups. No Outdoor Recreation.

Military Deploys Checkpoints on AU Citizens.

Originally Posted by :
Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.

Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.

But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.

The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.

Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".

Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Sydney extends lockdown as other cities reopen
Melbourne towers lockdown 'breached human rights'
The outbreak has largely affected critical workers and large family groups in the city's poorer and ethnically diverse west and south-west suburbs. About two million people live there.

Critics say those areas have already faced "targeted" policing measures. They point out restrictions there are harsher than for the rest of Sydney.

"Our people are one of the poorest demographics, and as it is, they already feel picked on and marginalised," said Steve Christou, one local mayor.

"They can't afford to pay the mortgage, the rent, the food or work. Now to throw out the army to enforce lockdown on the streets is going to be a huge issue to these people," he told SBS.

Others have called for the government to increase its vaccine drive and support services for the affected communities.

Australia's rate of vaccination - 17% of the adult population - remains one of the lowest among OECD nations.

[Reply]
Bowser 07:39 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
see, this is the thing. everything is integrated here. and i mean everything. transport, healthcare, taxation, welfare system.

if i were to travel to sydney right now, this is what would happen:
I get in my car and head down the mountain. I pass a speed camera three different times before I even get onto the M4. From the moment my number plate is spotted via camera, they will dispatch the hiway patrol to stop you.

now you have a paperless summons to appear in court. fines are automatically deducted from your accounts. if you do not have enough money, and are on welfare, your payments will now be deferred to cover the court costs.

now you have a paperless summons to appear in traffic court to inform you of demerit points/loss of license.

etc...
Like I said, absolute tyranny.

I feel for you, Nick. I can't imagine what you're feeling or dealing with on the daily with this. But hopefully there will come a time when Aussies have had enough of this shit and do something about it. Hang in there.
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:41 PM 08-18-2021
there are rumours (by community request), that business's that are deemed 'essential', police could be asked to ask for proof of id before going into said shop.

example: 5km radius lockdown. you go to a shop ten km's away to home depot. a cop could ask for id and fine for being outside area.

another idea they are debating: shutting down shops unless you are a tradie. again, home depot: if you can't prove you are a contractor you cannot enter
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:45 PM 08-18-2021
there are rumours (by community request), that business's that are deemed 'essential', police could be asked to ask for proof of id before going into said shop.

example: 5km radius lockdown. you go to a shop ten km's away to home depot. a cop could ask for id and fine for being outside area.
Are the law enforcement actually open to enforcing this nonsesne?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:48 PM 08-18-2021
see, this is the thing. everything is integrated here. and i mean everything. transport, healthcare, taxation, welfare system.

if i were to travel to sydney right now, this is what would happen:
I get in my car and head down the mountain. I pass a speed camera three different times before I even get onto the M4. From the moment my number plate is spotted via camera, they will dispatch the hiway patrol to stop you.

now you have a paperless summons to appear in court. fines are automatically deducted from your accounts. if you do not have enough money, and are on welfare, your payments will now be deferred to cover the court costs.

now you have a paperless summons to appear in traffic court to inform you of demerit points/loss of license.

etc...

Get a group of you
Go all together
Tell the cops to fuck off
Become an example to encourage others

That's what people used to do. Today, they meekly abide.
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:57 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Are the law enforcement actually open to enforcing this nonsesne?
unsure, but if the community is asking for it, i'd assume the po po will comply willingly :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 PM 08-18-2021
unsure, but if the community is asking for it, i'd assume the po po will comply willingly :-)
I guess I dont understand the concept "if the community is asking for it".

Seriously?
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:06 PM 08-18-2021

Seriously?
most notably all the people with essential jobs are asking due to the number of out of town people skirting the rules.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:07 PM 08-18-2021
i should clarify. there are rules in place for the lockdowns. if you are dense enough to go into areas of concentrated enforcement, you will be punished.

and there are areas of lockdown where it's easier to skirt the rules without punishment.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:10 PM 08-18-2021
i should clarify. there are rules in place for the lockdowns. if you are dense enough to go into areas of concentrated enforcement, you will be punished.

and there are areas of lockdown where it's easier to skirt the rules without punishment.
Godspeed. I hope you all don't die like your weak government fears.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:17 PM 08-18-2021
this is the wet dream of many in the US.

The integration part is what gets you......disobey, bye bye bank account.

Unreal.

People are so scared shitless here, they'll welcome it with open arms so they can do their normal nonsense.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:23 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
this is the wet dream of many in the US.

The integration part is what gets you......disobey, bye bye bank account.

Unreal.

People are so scared shitless here, they'll welcome it with open arms so they can do their normal nonsense.

They're already using things like public statements and social media input to accomplish the same thing. Obedience isn't enough to keep you safe.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:29 PM 08-18-2021

Look before I say what I’m going to say, just understand I want to help.

Do you have vast amounts of oil? Give me something to work with. (Wink wink) sure would be a shame if people droned in stuff.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:30 PM 08-18-2021
Australia was established as a British Penal colony...I guess they still see everyone as a criminal.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:32 PM 08-18-2021
And meanwhile in the country that never locked down…

The 7-day average of newly reported deaths per million in Sweden is 0.

They’ve reported 14 total deaths since July 1st in a country of ~10.4 million people.

It is remarkable to watch experts & politicians ignore this and go right back to interventions that have already failed pic.twitter.com/K9LT72AxB8

— IM (@ianmSC) August 14, 2021

[Reply]
Bump 09:09 PM 08-18-2021

Seriously?
they are probably monitoring their online activity so it would be unwise to complain. Everything is double plus good.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up