ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 59
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:14 PM 06-04-2021
"woke-ism" is a mental disease and should be treated as such.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:54 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Free speech movement began - and ended - at Berkeley.

(if you're gonna talk 'hypocritical'......)
What's hypocritical about it? Am I denying that it happened?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:26 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I reject your entire premise. I view all ďwokeĒ people as progressive in nature. I do not believe all progressives are ďwoke.Ē Therefore Iím not ascribing, insinuating, suggesting or even hinting anything to the democrats or the far left as some sort of view held amongst that group as you continue claiming.

You keep trying to create that narrative with absolutely no basis for doing so. You yourself said the first story about the school didnít represent progressive or leftist views, but somehow you canít see I donít believe they do either. This is a you problem in which you have to put people into ideological boxes to make them fit where you think they should.
This is a conservative forum. The term "woke" in right wing circles just means anyone who is on the far left. Progressives broadly fit that definition. If you go back to how the word was actually used before it was co-opted by people like Ben Shapiro, it was broadly understood on the left to be a positive thing and someone who was "woke" had progressive views on issues of race and social justice. What kind of people would hold those positions? You guessed it .. progressives.

So the right and the left both have both an idea of who they think they're talking about when they use the word woke, but you think you have some extremely nuanced view on the topic. And that is .. people who want children to learn about masturbation?

Originally Posted by :
If you want to start a thread defending critical race theory, have at it. It could probably use your support.
Wait, so supporting critical race theory is NOT for the thread about wokeness? You have twisted yourself into quite the pretzel in this thread. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:27 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
This is a conservative forum. The term "woke" in right wing circles just means anyone who is on the far left. Progressives broadly fit that definition. If you go back to how the word was actually used before it was co-opted by people like Ben Shapiro, it was broadly understood on the left to be a positive thing and someone who was "woke" had progressive views on issues of race and social justice. What kind of people would hold those positions? You guessed it .. progressives.

So the right and the left both have both an idea of who they think they're talking about when they use the word woke, but you think you have some extremely nuanced view on the topic. And that is .. people who want children to learn about masturbation?

Wait, so supporting critical race theory is NOT for the thread about wokeness? You have twisted yourself into quite the pretzel in this thread. :-)
Don't you have some collective farming to fail at and a Holodomor to deny?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:25 AM 06-06-2021
Birds and ornithology are racist

Originally Posted by :
According to The Washington Post, it's hunting season for cancel culture and its latest targets are "racist" birds.

The Post ran an expansive report on Thursday, titled "The racist legacy many birds carry," focused on the "birding community," which apparently is having a difficult debate "about the names of species connected to enslavers, supremacists and grave robbers."

"Corina Newsome is a Black ornithologist, as rare as some of the birds she studies," Post environmental justice reporter Darryl Fears began his piece, noting she was hired to "break down barriers" at the Georgia Audubon nature preserve.

"But overcoming those barriers will be daunting. As with the wider field of conservation, racism and colonialism are in ornithology’s DNA, indelibly linked to its origin story. The challenge of how to move forward is roiling White ornithologists as they debate whether to change as many as 150 eponyms, names of birds that honor people with connections to slavery and supremacy."

Fears wrote that birds such as Bachman’s sparrow and Wallace’s fruit dove "bear the names of men who fought for the Southern cause, stole skulls from Indian graves for pseudoscientific studies that were later debunked, and bought and sold Black people."

Six different species of birds are named after British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace, who "frequently used the n-word" in his writings, The Post reported. And three birds are named after James Sligo Jameson, another British naturalist who was "involved in a heinous act committed against a young girl he purchased as ‘a joke’" and "drew sketches of the child being stabbed and dismembered."

"Conservation has been driven by white patriarchy, this whole idea of calling something a wilderness after you move people off it or exterminate them and that you get to take ownership," Black ornithologist J. Drew Lanham told the newspaper.

"They are a reminder that this field that I work in was primarily developed and shaped by people not like me, who probably would have viewed me as lesser," Asian American ornithologist Olivia Wang similarly expressed. "They are also a reminder of how Western ornithology, and natural exploration in general, was often tied to a colonialist mind-set of conquering and exploiting and claiming ownership of things rather than learning from the humans who were already part of the ecosystem and had been living alongside these birds for lifetimes."

The report points out that the National Audubon Society itself is problematic since it is named after famed ornithologist John James Audubon, a slave owner who has been dead for 170 years.

"I am deeply troubled by the racist actions of John James Audubon and recognize how painful that legacy is for Black, Indigenous and people of color who are part of our staff, volunteers, donors and members," Elizabeth Gray of the National Audubon Society told The Post. "Although we have begun to address this part of our history, we have a lot more to unpack."

Newsome was troubled when she first wore a work shirt that featured Audubon's name, Fears writing that her "pain is real."

"I felt like I was wearing the name of an oppressor, the name of someone who enslaved my ancestors, Newsome said. "I believe they should both absolutely change the name. It feels wrong to enter African American communities … celebrating [Audubon’s] name. It’s a reality I am wrestling with constantly."

While efforts to rename such birds and the National Audubon Society had faced resistance, there was apparently a paradigm shift following the viral Central Park incident in 2020, when a White woman called 911 on a Black birdwatcher she dubiously accused of threatening her and her dog.

"Within days of the incident in Central Park last year, Newsome helped organize a very public declaration dubbed Black Birders Week — an event that quickly became a viral movement," Fears reported. "By happenstance, it took place amid nationwide demonstrations and calls for racial justice following George Floyd’s death under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer."

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:26 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by :
A Virginia teacher must be reinstated from leave after telling the school board he wouldn’t address transgender students by their pronouns, a judge ruled.

The court granted Tanner Cross’s request for a temporary injunction immediately, saying the district must allow him to return to his position and stop banning him from Loudoun County Public Schools property...

...During Friday’s hearing, an attorney for the school system said the principal at Leesburg Elementary School had to remove Cross from one of his jobs the next day because he feared backlash from parents, and over the course of 48 hours, five parents asked him to remove their child from Cross’s class....

Judge Orders Reinstatement of Virginia Teacher Tanner Cross, Who Objected to Proposed “Preferred Pronoun” Policy
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:27 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Judge Orders Reinstatement of Virginia Teacher Tanner Cross, Who Objected to Proposed ďPreferred PronounĒ Policy
I have a tough enough time remembering names.....
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:47 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I have a tough enough time remembering names.....
Then you'll really love this one (NSFW - language, lunacy).

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:02 PM 06-08-2021

This thread is filled with examples of some woke insanity so itís not limited. Itís also not simply ideas or belief systems as you seem to try to paint it. Itís instilling or forcing beliefs them on others, often aggressively or via shaming, or otherwise not considering other viewpoints because yours is right and all that matters because you claim the moral high ground no matter how crazy it would be to a rational person.

This thread isnít for endless discussion about each topic or story. As I mentioned you are welcome to start a thread about critical race theory if you are actually interested in an expanded discussion. Itís becoming a pretty big talking point in the media so please feel free to start a threading touting itís benefits and opening a discussion.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:54 PM 06-08-2021
Medical School at U. Texas Austin Will Focus on ‘Health Equity’ in Curriculum
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:01 PM 06-08-2021
Then you'll really love this one (NSFW - language, lunacy).

Spoiler!

I will treat you with respect when you treat me with respect. You are not better than me, and I am not better than you. But I dont use made up shit words to try to prove my point. You, ticktocker, of which I have never heard of, have crossed into asshole territory. I am sure your grandkids will be proud of your body when they bury you.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:45 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I will treat you with respect when you treat me with respect. You are not better than me, and I am not better than you. But I dont use made up shit words to try to prove my point. You, ticktocker, of which I have never heard of, have crossed into asshole territory. I am sure your grandkids will be proud of your body when they bury you.
Be careful. He (OMG! He's going to come after me!) will just claim that your words made him (OMG! He's going to come after me again!) feel unsafe, and then they'll be coming after you (too).

:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:01 AM 06-09-2021
I know I'll get roasted for saying this but pouring over stories in the news to get upset over that have no material impact on anything is peak white privilege.
You ainít lying.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323040

😂😂 Proof is in the pudding, kid.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:37 AM 06-09-2021
When the woke screw up their history lessons
[Reply]
vailpass 11:48 AM 06-09-2021
When the woke screw up their history lessons
Now THAT is a ratio.
[Reply]