ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:52 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
That scenario isn't rare at all. I lived it. I'm from a single mother home. I made good choices. My little brother made shitty choices. He ended up living in his car for a few years, drugs, etc. He finally figured it out in his 40's. I bet almost everyone on this forum can tell a similar story about someone they know. So yeah, it is a gotcha moment for your argument. And you really don't know anyone from a household where one sibling ended up successful and one or more others didn't? I'd say you are the outlier if that's the case.
I never said that I didn't know of a situation where one sibling was successful and the other was not. But I would venture the kind of disparity you're talking about is not that common.

Why did you avoid answering the question I posed to you?
[Reply]
tooge 11:58 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I never said that I didn't know of a situation where one sibling was successful and the other was not. But I would venture the kind of disparity you're talking about is not that common.

Why did you avoid answering the question I posed to you?
Because it's not relevant to the discussion. Of course I would think the successful one had the successful brother because odds are that is the case. That doesn't change the fact that the meth head made the choice to be a meth head. Let me ask you a question. Do you think a young person, say a pre teen, regardless of race, born into poverty, knows it's wrong to rape, kill, commit theft, or do drugs?
[Reply]
tooge 12:01 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I never said that I didn't know of a situation where one sibling was successful and the other was not. But I would venture the kind of disparity you're talking about is not that common.

Why did you avoid answering the question I posed to you?
It's very common.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I never said that I didn't know of a situation where one sibling was successful and the other was not. But I would venture the kind of disparity you're talking about is not that common.

Why did you avoid answering the question I posed to you?
And per usual, you would be wrong.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:28 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
Because it's not relevant to the discussion. Of course I would think the successful one had the successful brother because odds are that is the case.
Of course it's relevant to the discussion. And the fact that we intuitively understand that people are statistically more likely to end up in certain situations based on their environment and all kinds of factors outside their control demonstrates that it isn't all about personal choices. Even in your situation with your brother, you don't share his lived experience that lead him down that path. That is unique to him. I'm glad for you that he is now out of that situation, but thinking it's as simple as one person choosing to be a doctor and another person choosing to be a meth addict is over simplistic and frankly quite ignorant.

Originally Posted by :
That doesn't change the fact that the meth head made the choice to be a meth head. Let me ask you a question. Do you think a young person, say a pre teen, regardless of race, born into poverty, knows it's wrong to rape, kill, commit theft, or do drugs?
People don't choose to be addicted to meth, they make a series of poor decisions that lead up that point which can be influenced by many different factors including the social circle that they fell into which is often times completely random.

But of course most people in bad situations understand that committing crimes is bad. But they still end up doing those things disproportionately. Why? Because the environment where they grew up leads them to being put in those situations. That doesn't mean that we don't punish people for committing crimes or excuse their behavior - sick people need to be locked up and separated from society no matter if their circumstances were driven by being abused as a child and growing up poor or whether they made a series of bad personal decisions. But if we want to improve the chances of people escaping terrible situations and making something of themselves, we need to improve their material conditions and foster a better environment for them to succeed. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:30 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And per usual, you would be wrong.
Prove it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:39 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Prove it.
No doubt this wont satisfy your need for proof


https://www.today.com/popculture/why...-not-1C9014508

a excerpt: Bill Clinton, Roger Clinton......one example cited along with Jimmy Carter and Billy Carter

On the surface, it may seem that the case of the Clintons is atypical. And, of course, a pair of brothers who are, respectively, the president and an ex-con is a bit extreme. But the basic phenomenon of sibling differences in success that the Clintons represent is not all that unusual. In fact, in explaining economic inequality in America, sibling differences represent about three-quarters of all the differences between individuals. Put another way, only one-quarter of all income inequality is between families. The remaining 75 percent is within families.[3] Sibling differences in accumulated wealth (i.e., net worth) are even greater, reaching 90-plus percent.[4] What this means is that if we lined everyone in America up in rank order of how much money they have--from the poorest homeless person to Bill Gates himself--and tried to predict where any particular individual might fall on that long line, then knowing about what family they came from would narrow down our uncertainty by about 25 percent (in the case of income). In other words, the dice are weighted by which family you come from, but you and your siblings still have to roll them.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:13 PM 10-13-2021
A private college in Minnesota has renamed its arboretum that honored an 18th-century Swedish botanist who has been criticized for classifying humans in a way now seen as racist, school officials said Tuesday.

The popular greenspace at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, located about 70 miles (110 kilometers) south of the Twin Cities, has been known as the "Linnaeus Arboretum" since 1988. It recognized Carl Linnaeus, who popularized a system of classifying living things and divided them into the animal, plant and mineral kingdoms.

Recently, though, Linnaeus has been criticized for his 18th-century book "Systema Naturae," in which he classified four varieties of humans, largely based on skin color and geography, which became the basis for scientific racism.

"Gustavus has historically sought to build an inclusive and just community," said Scott Anderson, chairman of the college's board of trustees. "In recent years, and especially since George Floyd's murder, we have strengthened our efforts to pay attention to underrepresented voices and discovered how painful Linnaeus' name and legacy are for some of our students and visitors."

The 120-acre plot that includes over a dozen formal gardens and restored natural areas has been renamed "The Arboretum at Gustavus Adolphus College."
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:18 PM 10-13-2021
SCIENCE
[Reply]
Bowser 06:04 PM 10-13-2021
Scientific Racism. Kind of like "black holes are racist", I'm assuming?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:33 PM 10-13-2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:49 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by :
This Founding Father will no longer be in “the room where it happens” — thanks to Bill de Blasio.

The mayor, who has just three months left in office, is quietly banishing a statue of Thomas Jefferson from City Hall’s Council chambers — where it has resided for the past 187 years, The Post has learned...


Movin’ on out: De Blasio booting Founding Father Jefferson from City Hall
[Reply]
sully1983 08:09 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Of course it's relevant to the discussion. And the fact that we intuitively understand that people are statistically more likely to end up in certain situations based on their environment and all kinds of factors outside their control demonstrates that it isn't all about personal choices. Even in your situation with your brother, you don't share his lived experience that lead him down that path. That is unique to him. I'm glad for you that he is now out of that situation, but thinking it's as simple as one person choosing to be a doctor and another person choosing to be a meth addict is over simplistic and frankly quite ignorant.



People don't choose to be addicted to meth, they make a series of poor decisions that lead up that point which can be influenced by many different factors including the social circle that they fell into which is often times completely random.

But of course most people in bad situations understand that committing crimes is bad. But they still end up doing those things disproportionately. Why? Because the environment where they grew up leads them to being put in those situations. That doesn't mean that we don't punish people for committing crimes or excuse their behavior - sick people need to be locked up and separated from society no matter if their circumstances were driven by being abused as a child and growing up poor or whether they made a series of bad personal decisions. But if we want to improve the chances of people escaping terrible situations and making something of themselves, we need to improve their material conditions and foster a better environment for them to succeed. That's all I'm saying.
^^^
This cowardly lazy POS has me on ignore. Someone on here needs to tell him to google what "personal responsibility" is. I'm sure he'll be offended by the meaning of it and think its highly racist & a form of white supremacy.:-) what a fucking loser
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:45 AM 10-14-2021
Just a reminder, the ACLU edited a RBG quote last month to make it more "woke".

With Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburgís death, we lost a champion for abortion and gender equality. And on the anniversary of her death, the fight to protect abortion access is more urgent than ever. pic.twitter.com/vIKadIHouN

— ACLU (@ACLU) September 18, 2021


I am sure our local leftists and RBG twat munchers are outraged.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:57 AM 10-14-2021
Woke lunacy.

https://news.yahoo.com/backlash-camb...190029504.html

Originally Posted by :
The document, published among resources on housing and exams advice, was drawn up by Milo Eyre-Morgan, the elected women’s officer, who goes by the pronouns he/him or they/them and vows to represent "marginalised genders".

The new Cambridge guide, promoted by the women’s officer on Monday, lists several "signs of a Terf".

The guide goes on to say that "some people who experience misogyny are not women", and urges students to be "allies" by "keeping an eye out for this way of thinking" in any feminist works they study.

[Reply]
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Up