ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 65
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:44 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There are legit horrifying cases of racism, rape, assault that get minimalized because people are hell bent on ruining lives over a bad kiss or a harmless Facebook post they made 20 years ago. Being a victim for the clicks is harmful to those who are actual victims that suffered emotional harm. At some point we have to recognize the obvious difference between someone who means well and someone deliberately acting like a complete asshole.

This is the truth. Fake hate crimes are a perfect example for a variety of reasons. First they minimize or cause doubt in actual cases, but when they are initially shared as true or used as examples of societal problems and anyone who questions them is shouted down they only further divide people, but do so on false grounds. Pretty clearly those things have a negative impact.

Social media doesnít affect me personally but unfortunately millions of people are affected and feel pressured to react and think in certain ways because of the influence social media has on them. So in the case of fake hate crimes, people are unlikely to keep track of how many are fake because that is a lot of work both practically and psychologically but storing their emotional reactions to the initial story (before proven fake) doesnít require work and contributes to the inflated sense of it being a bigger problem than it is in reality, which again is a pretty obvious societal problem if everyone sees racism or hate crimes everywhere.
[Reply]
headsnap 12:54 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What is ďwhite privilegeĒ?
apparently it's reading and thinking...
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 03:27 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I understand your desire to see these sorts of things distanced from and minimized, as the far left media tends to do so as well, but distancing yourself from them doesnít eliminate their occurrence nor does not seeing them on your preferred outlets provide an accurate representation. It takes no effort these days to find examples of these sorts of things. And no, teaching or pushing critical race theory for example absolutely does have an impact.
It's not difficult to find things that confirm your biases on the internet. The story about a private school teaching sex education to young children is just weird though. How is that a woke progressive thing to want 6 year olds to learn about masturbation? No progressive politicians or media figures are pushing for anything like that. At least argue about things we actually believe instead of posting fringe news stories that most on the supposed "left" would also find disturbing.

As for "critical race theory," this is not actually being taught in public schools and it's mostly a conservative buzzword that they don't actually understand and they are deliberately lying and pushing the false narrative that it's about race essentialism. But even that is something where I would argue in favor of teaching it in schools, unlike child masturbation. Just ask us what we believe and we'll tell you - there's no need to gaslight.
[Reply]
BDj23 03:56 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I know I'll get roasted for saying this but pouring over stories in the news to get upset over that have no material impact on anything is peak white privilege.
Get a load of this guy :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:06 PM 06-02-2021
It's not difficult to find things that confirm your biases on the internet. The story about a private school teaching sex education to young children is just weird though. How is that a woke progressive thing to want 6 year olds to learn about masturbation? No progressive politicians or media figures are pushing for anything like that. At least argue about things we actually believe instead of posting fringe news stories that most on the supposed "left" would also find disturbing.

As for "critical race theory," this is not actually being taught in public schools and it's mostly a conservative buzzword that they don't actually understand and they are deliberately lying and pushing the false narrative that it's about race essentialism. But even that is something where I would argue in favor of teaching it in schools, unlike child masturbation. Just ask us what we believe and we'll tell you - there's no need to gaslight.
Iím not saying woke progressives or that story about the school represent a majority of any set of political views but itís pretty telling you would view the discussion that way. So you donít have to defend that against me. Itís a story about some nuts that shouldnít produce an automatic defense response from you.

I only mention far left media in the context of being a bad indicator of difficulty of finding these things because in general they donít want these stories associated with their political views so you donít see much of it from them.

Besides this isnít even necessarily specifically about left vs right or limited to political policy pushed by politicians so I donít feel any need to specifically address whatever version of ďweĒ you ascribe to as that is different for everyone. If you donít agree with or find something posted as objectionable or agreeable, simply say so and move on. Iím not trying to attribute anything to a group as a whole.

The story about the Office actress is a good example. I donít know that those people have political goals in mind for attacking her, but they do have motivations to find an enemy where there is none so they can be the best virtue signaler.

With any luck critical race theory will continue to be shuttered but letís not pretend it isnít being pushed all over the country. A YouTube search of parents complaining to school boards about it produces plenty of evidence it.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:10 PM 06-02-2021
I know I'll get roasted for saying this but pouring over stories in the news to get upset over that have no material impact on anything is peak white privilege.
So what do you call it when people scour every word and manufacture reasons to cry RACISM?

Trees are racist, btw.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:10 PM 06-02-2021
Being woke is nothing more than virtue signaling in the most dramatic of ways and then throwing an adult sized temper tantrum when someone disagrees with you or you otherwise do not get your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:13 PM 06-02-2021

Liar.

https://www.newsweek.com/u-s-schools...months-1530138
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:34 PM 06-02-2021
I guarantee you he is just copy and pasting from some right wing news aggregate website whose sole business model is generating clicks through outrage.
[Reply]
banyon 06:56 PM 06-02-2021
“Woke conservatives” embracing cancel culture

Let's remember that though @SLSFedSoc bears the responsibility for being whiny little vindictive censors, @Stanford bears responsibility for the ludicrous move of investigating satire and suspending someone's graduation on it. https://t.co/tDkFgJFBU5

— LolWhatInsurrectionHat (@Popehat) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:56 PM 06-02-2021

Editor Of Top Medical Journal Finally Ousted After Tweet Questioning ‘Structural Racism In Healthcare’ https://t.co/LoO2YGBLyX

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) June 3, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
ďWoke conservativesĒ embracing cancel culture

I mean yeah, let's not pretend the religious right didn't own the media for decades censoring anyone who said the word "butt" on TV. The tables have just shifted in an entirely different direction. The right still tries to cancel people but they just lack the influence to do it all that successfully in the mainstream.

But let's not pretend that woke cancel culture is a huge problem and extremely damaging to whatever cause they're selling.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:01 PM 06-02-2021

Rep. Cori Bush Wants To ‘Defund The Police’ But Spent Taxpayer Money On Private Security For Herself https://t.co/Xr2NB3Fl8D

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:02 PM 06-02-2021

Hillary Clinton Praises Teen Who Secretly Switched Valedictorian Speech To Bash Texas Abortion Law https://t.co/nydND8lfiY

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:03 PM 06-02-2021

They plan to wear their masks indefinitely. Their reasons extend beyond health. https://t.co/WBB0vpbqu7

— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
Page 2 of 65
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up