ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Diablo 2: Resurrected
The Franchise 10:42 AM 02-20-2021

🔥 🔥 🔥
Arise,
🔥 Diablo, 🔥
🔥 Lord 🔥
🔥 of 🔥 🔥
🔥 Terror.
🔥 🔥
🔥 🔥
🔥 pic.twitter.com/76kxCCMv51

— Diablo (@Diablo) February 19, 2021


From what Iíve seen itís just a reskin with graphics. The loot system hasnít changed from the original.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:36 PM 08-13-2021
so apparently if you go watch someone's d2 twitch stream for 2.5 hours you get a beta key? go get em boys
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:43 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Watched some streams for a few minutes and I was just sitting there thinking why would I even bother to play this outdated game when PoE exists.
Last Epoch is the next big thing coming in this genre, it needs multiplayer but it's already my favorite one.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:04 AM 08-16-2021
Played it, loved it....... They did a fantastic job.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:51 PM 08-16-2021
played it.

Awesome overhaul, faithful recreation, incredible really how they made it so 1 for 1 and did just a #1 awesome job on the graphics overhaul.

Still plays like d2. The game has been passed by. Nostalgia is there, substance is not.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:35 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
played it.

Awesome overhaul, faithful recreation, incredible really how they made it so 1 for 1 and did just a #1 awesome job on the graphics overhaul.

Still plays like d2. The game has been passed by. Nostalgia is there, substance is not.
Oh man,

I disagree hard, because 90% of the playerbase doesn't even know end game exists.

UBR Trist, Hell Portals etc. 90% players never even touch this. Not to mention Diablo world spawn.

Plus the PVP is going to be amazing.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:48 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Oh man,

I disagree hard, because 90% of the playerbase doesn't even know end game exists.

UBR Trist, Hell Portals etc. 90% players never even touch this. Not to mention Diablo world spawn.

Plus the PVP is going to be amazing.
The game is literally a skin on top of a 20 year old dead game with a couple of shared stash tabs added.

Once the nostalgia wears off the game will be a ghost town and that will happen pretty quick. I'm sure there will be a small minority of people that have been playing modded versions of Diablo 2 for a decade stick it out, but it will be a game carried by bots like Diablo 2 is today.

There are a handful of ARPG's out there that just do what Diablo did and make it better. It's a dated system. Much like WoW classic, Blizzard is pulling at heart strings to turn a profit because they are out of creative ideas.

I would bet that after the ooooooo and aaaaaaah's wear off of Resurrected a bunch of the players actually go back to original Diablo 2 because of the mods for that game that create content which wont be allowed in Resurrected
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:52 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The game is literally a skin on top of a 20 year old dead game with a couple of shared stash tabs added.

Once the nostalgia wears off the game will be a ghost town and that will happen pretty quick. I'm sure there will be a small minority of people that have been playing modded versions of Diablo 2 for a decade stick it out, but it will be a game carried by bots like Diablo 2 is today.

There are a handful of ARPG's out there that just do what Diablo did and make it better. It's a dated system. Much like WoW classic, Blizzard is pulling at heart strings to turn a profit because they are out of creative ideas.

I would bet that after the ooooooo and aaaaaaah's wear off of Resurrected a bunch of the players actually go back to original Diablo 2 because of the mods for that game that create content which wont be allowed in Resurrected
I just got done playing WoW classic, so again going to have to disagree.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:10 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I just got done playing WoW classic, so again going to have to disagree.
Disagree all you want. The numbers don't lie. WoW classic blew up and Blizzard had to release more servers. It wasnt even a month later that servers were dead and they were merging them. The server I rolled on didn't even have 40 alliance players left at level 60 when classic TBC was released.

Its a beaten game that people moved on from decades ago.

Like I said, there will undoubtedly be a small minorty that stick it out because they simply love the game for whatever reason, but don't kid yourself into thinking there's going to be some long term large player driven economy for longer than a couple weeks. You'll be making trades with bots on d2jsp in no time. There was already people hacking the latest weekend beta and unlocking the necromancer and bot farming tombs.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:42 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Disagree all you want. The numbers don't lie. WoW classic blew up and Blizzard had to release more servers. It wasnt even a month later that servers were dead and they were merging them. The server I rolled on didn't even have 40 alliance players left at level 60 when classic TBC was released.

Its a beaten game that people moved on from decades ago.

Like I said, there will undoubtedly be a small minorty that stick it out because they simply love the game for whatever reason, but don't kid yourself into thinking there's going to be some long term large player driven economy for longer than a couple weeks. You'll be making trades with bots on d2jsp in no time. There was already people hacking the latest weekend beta and unlocking the necromancer and bot farming tombs.
Yeah going to disagree again.......... WoW classic was huge till Naxx. I have no clue what server you rolled on.

But I was on Stalagg till xfer to bene at the end. And stalagg had no Ally but still 40+ guilds raiding.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:46 AM 08-18-2021
Even the most populated WoW classic servers had a peak population 6k when TBC came out. Most servers struggled to reach 1k.

Your definition of "huge" is extremely narrow.

There was probably more people playing Wildstar when they permanently shutdown than there was playing WoW classic. If WoW classic wasn't tied into your sub for retail that game would have been shutdown long ago.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:57 PM 08-18-2021
Im still playing on my same wow classic server i started on, literally fuckin jam packed every night.

They have also done zero server merges.

d2 still not good enough~
[Reply]
jd1020 08:16 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Im still playing on my same wow classic server i started on, literally fuckin jam packed every night.

They have also done zero server merges.

d2 still not good enough~
Sorry, not server merges... they allowed free transfers off dead servers for a brief period.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:00 AM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Sorry, not server merges... they allowed free transfers off dead servers for a brief period.
That was like way before AQ
[Reply]
jd1020 07:20 AM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
That was like way before AQ
What's your point?

The game died off very very fast. Sure there are still 2 or 3 servers that have a large enough community on one faction to enjoy the game and not notice any shortcomings, but the idea that the WoW classic community is "huge" is ignorance.

If you look at Wildstar, that game shutdown with 1.3M subs. Compare that to the number of unique players playing WoW classic which is like 100k or some shit (there was 10x that number just watching it on twitch when it launched). WoW classic is essentially a dead game that survives only because its a sidecar attached to a game with 6M+ subs.

And a major part of player retention in a game like WoW is the social aspect, which doesnt exist in a game like Diablo.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:50 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

And a major part of player retention in a game like WoW is the social aspect, which doesnt exist in a game like Diablo.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up