ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 182
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Tracking the Biden embarrassment
Munson 07:05 AM 01-20-2021
Well, Dementia Joe has been embarrassing for decades.

Now he can sell out America like never before.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:41 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Who said they think that?
If you dont think that, then dont use an increase in used car prices as a indicator of inflation. As that tweet wanted to do.

Of course hotal prices arent reflective of actual inflation either. Nor are rental cars. And few other things on that list.

Overall, Point being, those arent signs of inflation as they are more demand versus supply.

And if you think those are signs of inflation, well, then rates are still cheap. Go bet on that inflation with some purchases.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:10 PM 10-13-2021
California ports are jammed up because of California Looney Left policy. Truckers delivering out of California ports can't be owner/operator. They have to be union. Also all trucks have to be newer than 2011. Truckers aren't buying new trucks because California is requiring all trucks to be electric by 2035.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:28 AM 10-14-2021
as a former trucker, it was common to refuse loads to CA and NY.
The company I would work for would incetivize you to take a load to/out of CA or NY by offerling like $150 extra for the load. Still wouldn't be worth it.

The amount of time spent sitting and getting in and out of places like those, is just not worth it.

Truckers that are efficient and make good money, have great memories of where/what /who caused them delays. I had a drywall factory out of KY/Cincy area that was ALWAYs a shit show. Appointment for say Noon to pick up, they wouldn't even call you into the warehouse to be loaded until 3:30 or so; then, they would load you too heavy, and you'd have to come back after visiting the scale 15 miles down the road; untarp, get stuff removed; re-tarp/secure.

After about 4 loads from that place, anytime that place showed up on my screen from my dispatcher, I declined the the load unless there was extra $$ for downtime. Once missing my home-time because my clock go so out of wack I had to do a reset while out on the road (I was usually home on weekends for my reset).

the trucking industry, specifically the consignee / pick up / drop off...is a highly efficient machine of inefficiency. The amount of hours spent sitting waiting is incredible. Show up to pick up, adn there's a line of trucks waiting; ....and there's ONE guy in the pickup yard operating a forklift. then...Break time!......he leaves for an hour or so. Meanwhile, 7 trucks sitting there waiting.

But if you're late for a pickup, you get reamed. So, hurry up and get to your appointment time, so you can sit there for 4 hours burning up your clock. And don't even get me started on how truckers are treated at these places (most places in general); treat you like pond scum.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:04 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
If you dont think that, then dont use an increase in used car prices as a indicator of inflation. As that tweet wanted to do.

Of course hotal prices arent reflective of actual inflation either. Nor are rental cars. And few other things on that list.

Overall, Point being, those arent signs of inflation as they are more demand versus supply.

And if you think those are signs of inflation, well, then rates are still cheap. Go bet on that inflation with some purchases.
Holy hell you are dumb as **** and you are so stupid you cant even prevent yourself from showing it :-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:25 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Holy hell you are dumb as **** and you are so stupid you cant even prevent yourself from showing it :-)
Another dumbass who doesnt know what inflation means.

Cute.
[Reply]
2112 10:12 AM 10-14-2021

Cute.
You’re doing an atrocious job of trying to prove any point at all. You’re like a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:25 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
You’re doing an atrocious job of trying to prove any point at all. You’re like a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces.
Yawn.

Come back when you actually know something about the subject.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:32 AM 10-14-2021
Yawn.

Come back when you actually know something about the subject.
:-) and what, pray tell, are your bona fides on this subject?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:39 AM 10-14-2021

Cute.
Ok, so let's get that straight....

inflation
[ in-fley-shuhn ]
Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency (opposed to deflation).
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:40 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Well, I know that inflation isnt prices going up because of supply and demand issues.

That a step ahead of most trumpers.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:41 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That inflation is not a problem and was caused by the previous Republican administration if a Democrat is in office.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:43 AM 10-14-2021

St. Louis Fed President James Bullard says this year’s surge in inflation may well persist amid a strong U.S. economy and tight labor market https://t.co/ICh6yBlBAu

— Bloomberg (@business) October 14, 2021

[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:46 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Ok, so let's get that straight....

inflation
[ in-fley-shuhn ]
Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency (opposed to deflation).
Yes, inflation is proce increases caused by monetary devalue.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:47 AM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
That inflation is not a problem and was caused by the previous Republican administration if a Democrat is in office.
You are not bright.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:27 PM 10-14-2021
You are not bright.
And you're a partisan hack who mistakes snark for intelligence.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 182
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182 >
Up