ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 53
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Gun owners: ready to surrender them yet?
Discuss Thrower 06:26 PM 01-19-2021
It's very simple. There will be a mass shooting event sooner than later.

It will be followed by a massive leak wherein everyone who can be traced to have owned a firearm in any capacity will be made public.

This mass shooting event will be blamed on the "alt right."

Thus the connotation will be made between gun ownership and "white nationalism / supremacy" where it is assumed if you're in one category you are, by definition, in the other. If you don't give up your guns then logically you are just like the terrorists who invaded the Capitol.

Do not say

you were

not warned.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:27 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
If any of those restrictions get passed, ARís/ large clips/magswill be grandfathered in just like in the 90s.
Ah, finally the "don't worry, we'll 'grandfather in' your guns/ammo, we swear! And we won't change the rules or make further restrictions down the road, right before the reg/law becomes official! Just because we feel like it to further erode your 2nd A rights! We promise!"

Thx, I knew one of you would come through with another lie.

Keep 'em coming.
[Reply]
banyon 12:30 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ah, finally the "don't worry, we'll 'grandfather in' your guns/ammo, we swear! And we won't change the rules or make further restrictions down the road, right before the reg/law becomes official! Just because we feel like it to further erode your 2nd A rights! We promise!"

Thx, I knew one of you would come through with another lie.

Keep 'em coming.
Are you saying thatís not what happened with the 1993 AW ban?
[Reply]
banyon 12:32 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So if social media outlets and financial intermediaries begin to deplatform gun owners, you will argue it is illegal for them to do so?

And you'll say the same for when an employer moves to terminate an employee on the same basis?
Again depends on the state. Some states have laws against terminations for exercise of 1st amendment protected speech.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:33 PM 01-20-2021
Are you guys hyperventilating about this aware of the current margin of votes in the US Senate? None of these nightmare scenarios you guys are thinking of will pass unless they abolish filibuster. Manchin has said he opposes that.
"Oh, we aren't doing this today! See, you don't have to worry! No, all that stuff we've been campaigning on since 2016, that we put on our websites, don't look at that! We didn't mean we were going to try to do it now! We're just trying to win an election!"

:-)
The two-facedness of this is astounding. To their constituents-"Look, we're lying to gun-owners so we can trick them out of their rights for your safety (vote)!" To gun-owners-"Look, we're lying to our constituents, but you really have nothing to worry about!"

Well, we know you're lying anyway. Guess now we just have to figure out exactly who you're lying to.

Us? Them? Yourselves? All of the above?
[Reply]
banyon 12:35 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
"Oh, we aren't doing this today! See, you don't have to worry! No, all that stuff we've been campaigning on since 2016, that we put on our websites, don't look at that! We didn't mean we were going to try to do it now! We're just trying to win an election!"

:-)
The two-facedness of this is astounding. To their constituents-"Look, we're lying to gun-owners so we can trick them out of their rights for your safety (vote)!" To gun-owners-"Look, we're lying to our constituents, but you really have nothing to worry about!"

Well, we know you're lying anyway. Guess now we just have to figure out exactly who you're lying to.

Us? Them? Yourselves? All of the above?
Did you have a specific example of something Biden campaigned on that is concerning you so greatly?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:35 PM 01-20-2021
Again depends on the state. Some states have laws against terminations for exercise of 1st amendment protected speech.
And would those protections carry over to Amendment II?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:37 PM 01-20-2021
Did you have a specific example of something Biden campaigned on that is concerning you so greatly?
Just read the entire section, before it vanishes, on his proposed gun "control".
[Reply]
banyon 12:39 PM 01-20-2021
And would those protections carry over to Amendment II?
Not that I am aware of. But your original question was about speech.

Are you advocating for that?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:39 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
They said that last time too...

Nobody's taking guns. It's silly to think it would even be possible.
Theyíre not going door to door and loading up guns, but did you read Bidenís plan from his website? It can be applied fairly easily.

The important parts are any firearm that holds or is designed to hold more than 10 rounds is covered by the NFA and needs a stamp. Further the weapons will need a $200 stamp and each magazine requires a $200 stamp. Which is prohibitively expensive for a shitload of gun owners. Some will pay. Most wonít. And this isnít a small subset of owners. The most common pistols in the IS are glocks (17 rounds) and the most common rifles are AR 15s (30 rounds).

Whatís the other alternative? I think there was stuff about a buyback. I donít really remember. The only other alternative to keeping your lawfully purchased, registered firearms is to be a felon, which will preclude you from ever lawfully owning any firearms ever and 10 years in jail. Thatís not for this guy. Iíve got shit to lose.

Thatís just changing in place regulations and forcing their scary guns through the existing system. And for what? Optics? We know itís not public safety. We all know criminals donít follow the laws.

This isnít some nutter conspiracy. This is his official platform. On his website. That he tried, successfully, to get elected on. And he has a majority in both houses. And sometimes, politicians actually keep campaign promises. Obamacare and No Child Left behind are evidence enough that closing your eyes and saying ďsilly gun owners, nevermind what my guy said, he wonít actually do all that!Ē is not grounded in reality.

Further the ATF is poking around pistol braces (which they had previously explicitly approved). It may be coincidental. It may be them testing the waters. Who knows.

But to just handwave all of it and call the other side lunatics is lunacy in and of itself.
[Reply]
banyon 12:39 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Just read the entire section, before it vanishes, on his proposed gun "control".
Section of what?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:41 PM 01-20-2021
Not that I am aware of. But your original question was about speech.

Are you advocating for that?
If you can be "deplatformed" or fired for free speech you can be "deplatformed" or fired for gun ownership.

Q.E.D.
[Reply]
banyon 12:43 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They’re not going door to door and loading up guns, but did you read Biden’s plan from his website? It can be applied fairly easily.

The important parts are any firearm that holds or is designed to hold more than 10 rounds is covered by the NFA and needs a stamp. Further the weapons will need a $200 stamp and each magazine requires a $200 stamp. Which is prohibitively expensive for a shitload of gun owners. Some will pay. Most won’t. And this isn’t a small subset of owners. The most common pistols in the IS are glocks (17 rounds) and the most common rifles are AR 15s (30 rounds).

What’s the other alternative? I think there was stuff about a buyback. I don’t really remember. The only other alternative to keeping your lawfully purchased, registered firearms is to be a felon, which will preclude you from ever lawfully owning any firearms ever and 10 years in jail. That’s not for this guy. I’ve got shit to lose.

That’s just changing in place regulations and forcing their scary guns through the existing system. And for what? Optics? We know it’s not public safety. We all know criminals don’t follow the laws.

This isn’t some nutter conspiracy. This is his official platform. On his website. That he tried, successfully, to get elected on. And he has a majority in both houses. And sometimes, politicians actually keep campaign promises. Obamacare and No Child Left behind are evidence enough that closing your eyes and saying “silly gun owners, nevermind what my guy said, he won’t actually do all that!” is not grounded in reality.

Further the ATF is poking around pistol braces (which they had previously explicitly approved). It may be coincidental. It may be them testing the waters. Who knows.

But to just handwave all of it and call the other side lunatics is lunacy in and of itself.
You got the 10 round limit on this site?:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:43 PM 01-20-2021
Are you saying thatís not what happened with the 1993 AW ban?
Are you saying that the plan isn't for a permanent as opposed to temporary ban?

Are you trying to say that Dims haven't been saying since the end of the AWB-94 that it wasn't comprehensive enough?

That it didn't ban semi-automatic pistols which you liars insist is necessary? Ditto "high-capacity" magazines?

At least you're now admitting that you really want to ban guns, anyway.
[Reply]
banyon 12:45 PM 01-20-2021
If you can be "deplatformed" or fired for free speech you can be "deplatformed" or fired for gun ownership.

Q.E.D.
Ok I donít see that happening, but I would not support that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:46 PM 01-20-2021
Ok I donít see that happening, but I would not support that.
You don't see people facing non-judicial consequences for expressing their opinions?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 53
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up