ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Finally decided to give Ghost a real chance...
MTG#10 05:36 PM 08-01-2018
Really glad I did. I know they've been around awhile but only popular in the states for a short time. First time I heard them I thought they sucked ass but a friend talked me into checking out more and as I'm going through their entire discography I'm finding some really good tunes.

Some tracks kind of remind me of an "overproduced The Sword". Actually not overproduced, but "more" produced. I couldn't give two shits about their theatrics, I have always thought theatrics in metal were dumb but if I like the music I ignore them and I have to say I'm really digging the music.

Some of my favorites:

[Reply]
Monticore 08:24 AM 10-03-2021
Saw them live with Iron Maiden , once was enough for me , just not for me sound was horrible which didnít help , saw Metallica following day , much better concert lol.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:48 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I am not a fan of growling vocals. I much prefer the classic clean vocals even if the singer is a little gruff like Hetfield. I can listen to a song and appreciate the instrumentation but then the barely intelligible growling vocals come in and it just kills it for me.

I can stand bands like Avatar that mix it up though.
Depends on the vocals. Much of the Death/Black metal vocals are terrible and sound forced. Not sure I can more accurately describe why I like some and not others.

All the autotune crap like Five Finger Death Punch and all their copy cats make me want to puke. As do most of Hetfield's vocals these days. Hetfield was much better before he decided to actually try and sing.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:58 PM 10-05-2021
I thought this was going to be about the english show Ghost
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 10-05-2021
They look like Marilyn Mansons worst nightmares

Sound like slightly heavier Styx opera rock

Change My Mind
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:42 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Coming to Independence in late Feb. Anyone going? Guess I'm gonna drive up and go to a concert alone for the first time in my life because none of my friends/family are into them.
Count me in. I want to go as well, but I don't know anyone into these bands.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:48 PM 10-05-2021
Patrick Swayze’s finest role.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:20 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They look like Marilyn Mansons worst nightmares

Sound like slightly heavier Styx opera rock

Change My Mind
Can't change your mind because you are right. Some of it is much better than the rest. Some of it is down right awful.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:46 AM 10-06-2021
I don't hate the music, but the vocals are anemic. I'm not saying you have to have some silly death metal growl or an over-the-top 80's operatic voice but you need to to be able to sing with a little bit of "oomph" to use a highly technical term.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:54 AM 10-06-2021
I think the vocals are a great fit for what they are trying to do.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:58 PM 10-08-2021
Bought a couple tickets today for the Independence show. Nobody to go with but hoping between now and then I find someone. If not I'll just try to sell it in the parking lot I guess. Sucks its a co-headline with Volbeat...they are straight garbage imo.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:22 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Count me in. I want to go as well, but I don't know anyone into these bands.
Does anyone have an extra ticket?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up