ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Colin Kaepernick hates America
Lex Luthor 08:39 AM 08-27-2016
SANTA CLARA, Ca. -- Forty Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly and knowingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the National Anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

His latest refusal to stand for the Anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

He apparently hates the police, too.
[Reply]
ping2000 08:13 PM 08-31-2016
Dear Trolly,

You are my hero!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:16 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I had a fruitless conversation with a liberal friend of mine on that exact meme.

He hates Trump I get it, he told me how much he hates Trump and that Trump is an asshole. I said Ok I can see how you may think that but that doesn't make the meme true. That's not the point of the meme.

He kept arguing, I said I dont think you understand the meme, white privilege has nothing to do with the 2 things. One is a campaign slogan just like Hope And Change and when HIllary said this election should about making things better.

He said I dont understand the meme because Trump said bad things about veterans etc..

I gave the fuck up.
The point is everyone is amenable to, perhaps even enthusiastic about, improving America.

Trump points out policy problems and runs to lead the country on his platform and vision.

Colin states generalized, and not very well defined, problems, but the crucial difference is he disrespects the central symbols of the entire concept of the nation. Whether you personally accept them as central symbols or not, that's a pre-existing, non-racial, consensus.

Both are 'entitled' to criticize. One does so with specificity and a plan to ameliorate. One does so with generalities and a charge for someone else to figure it out to his satisfaction while tossing the entire system in the garbage in the mean time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The point is everyone is amenable to, perhaps even enthusiastic about, improving America.

Trump points out policy problems and runs to lead the country on his platform and vision.

Colin states generalized, and not very well defined, problems, but the crucial difference is he disrespects the central symbols of the entire concept of the nation. Whether you personally accept them as central symbols or not, that's a pre-existing, non-racial, consensus.

Both are 'entitled' to criticize. One does so with specificity and a plan to ameliorate. One does so with generalities and a charge for someone else to figure it out to his satisfaction while tossing the entire system in the garbage in the mean time.
One wants to improve the economy and add jobs etc...

The other called the country as a whole racist and biggoted.

My take on that.

Educational point for libtards-

When Ali, and Robinson made their stands you could argue that we as a country had unfair and bigoted racial policies driven by our local and federal govt. The "country" was in fact oppressive.

Today those laws do not exist and we even have laws to the contrary that give minorities a leg up.

Are there people who are bigoted in this country? Yes there are of all races.

Is the "country" oppressive? Fuck no it's not. A small group of assholes is not "the country".

Rant over.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:49 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
This guy is basically a modern-day Muhammed Ali, as far as I can tell.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:56 PM 08-31-2016
You keep posting that, but it's asinine, and I think you know it.

If you believe the sentiment, that's truly sad. But I don't believe you do. You're just in your campaign posting mania.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:06 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
. . .
You are so full of shit.

Worthless platitudes that achieve nothing but create artificial battle lines.

I'm better versed in the racial history of the nation that you could ever HOPE to be.

But I'm about a rational conversation that is actually productive, not a sermon that placates on identity group while accomplishing NOTHING.

And as for the concept of PRIVILEGE, the entire idea is and RIGHTFULLY should be an anathema.

People of good will aren't blithe about our society working well for them. And they endeavor to make society work that way for EVERYONE. Privilege posits that the benefits of society that are perceived to accrue to whites disproportionately are unearned and therefore should be eradicated.

It's basically the inversion of optimism. Black people are oppressed so white can live comfortably, so CLEARLY the answer is to inflict pain on whites so everyone is miserable.

FUCK THAT. Figure out where oppression takes root and eradicate that. I want all races to enjoy the society 'whites' have 'stolen.' SJWs talking about privilege wants everyone to share equally in deprivation so everyone is yearning for government to tell us how to be decent people and provide for our comfort.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:10 PM 08-31-2016
You are so full of shit.

I'm better versed in the racial history of the nation that you could ever HOPE to be.

But I'm about a rational conversation that is actually productive, not a sermon that placates on identity group while accomplishing NOTHING.

And as for the concept of PRIVILEGE, the entire idea is and RIGHTFULLY should be an anathema.

People of good will aren't blithe about our society working well for them. And they endeavor to make society work that way for EVERYONE. Privilege posits that the benefits of society that are perceived to accrue to whites disproportionately are unearned and therefore should be eradicated.

It's basically the inversion of optimism. Black people are oppressed so white can live comfortably, so CLEARLY the answer is to inflict pain on whites so everyone is miserable.

**** THAT. Figure out where oppression takes root and eradicate that. I want all races to enjoy the society 'whites' have 'stolen.' SJWs talking about privilege wants everyone to share equally in deprivation so everyone is yearning for government to tell us how to be decent people and provide for our comfort.
Where have you been lately?

THIS is the type of post that causes people to respect your intellect.

:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 09:24 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Where have you been lately?
:-) You guys.
[Reply]
temper11 11:32 AM 09-01-2016
Educational point for libtards-

When Ali, and Robinson made their stands you could argue that we as a country had unfair and bigoted racial policies driven by our local and federal govt. The "country" was in fact oppressive.

Today those laws do not exist and we even have laws to the contrary that give minorities a leg up.

Are there people who are bigoted in this country? Yes there are of all races.

Is the "country" oppressive? **** no it's not. A small group of assholes is not "the country".

Rant over.
This... great take. Exactly right.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:10 PM 09-01-2016
You are so full of shit.

**** THAT. Figure out where oppression takes root and eradicate that. I want all races to enjoy the society 'whites' have 'stolen.' SJWs talking about privilege wants everyone to share equally in deprivation so everyone is yearning for government to tell us how to be decent people and provide for our comfort.
Excellent strawman you just burned down.

I was completely unaware that the concept of white privilege had to do with "inflicting pain" on whites or "share equally in deprivation". That's what you call rational discussion? :-)

As usually, you do hyperbole and word salad great. I'm sure the FWD FWD FWD crowd will eat up this obvious play to the base that in no way actually represents reality.

But the important thing is you found a way to play the victim, and that is all that matters for people like you.

Not that you have the emotional maturity to actually understand the issue, but privilege usually is about acknowledging where you have had a leg up, especially when trying to understand the complex issues of those who have not had the same leg up.

And to deny that there are people who have it easier, whether it be economically, socially, racially, able bodily, mentally does not equal wanting "equal share of pain".

When a disabled person ask you to recognize the privilege of being able to walk they aren't asking you to suffer guilt or shame or any of the stupid b.s. you just posted. And that goes for all other examples, including race.

Recognizing Privilege simply means being aware that some people have to work much harder just to experience the things you take for granted (if they ever can experience them at all.)

Everyone is privileged in some way. Intersectionality recognizes that people can be privileged in some ways and definitely not privileged in others.

Maybe one day you can grow up, get over your over emotional need to play the victim, and actually have a rational conversation on this topic. But you aren't close yet.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:24 PM 09-01-2016
The 49ers’ game today in San Diego (7 p.m. Pacific time) is particularly noteworthy because it is Military Night, billed as a tribute to “hundreds of thousands of current and retired military personnel who live and work in San Diego,” according to the San Diego Chargers website.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:27 PM 09-01-2016
Socks.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8832/c...-james-barrett
[Reply]
Kman34 12:28 PM 09-01-2016
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
The 49ers’ game today in San Diego (7 p.m. Pacific time) is particularly noteworthy because it is Military Night, billed as a tribute to “hundreds of thousands of current and retired military personnel who live and work in San Diego,” according to the San Diego Chargers website.
:-) This could be interesting...
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:36 PM 09-01-2016
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Socks.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8832/c...-james-barrett
What a massive piece of shit he is, the Niners are ok with this?
[Reply]
FishingRod 12:42 PM 09-01-2016
I support the right of individuals to protest. They have the right to burn an American Flag, or refuse to stand during the National Anthem. A great many have sacrificed so that we are able to express ourselves freely without fear of legal ramifications.

Doing either of the above will make the vast majority of our fellow Americans consider you a huge braying jackass. Being considered a jackass does not help one’s cause. So if you actually care about a cause, try not to be a douche.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up