ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Colin Kaepernick hates America
Lex Luthor 08:39 AM 08-27-2016
SANTA CLARA, Ca. -- Forty Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly and knowingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the National Anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

His latest refusal to stand for the Anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

He apparently hates the police, too.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:11 AM 08-31-2016

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:52 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
.
Yeah, I don't see that ending well.


[Reply]
listopencil 03:23 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, I don't see that ending well.




[Reply]
listopencil 03:47 AM 08-31-2016
OK, now that I'm done making fun of the situation (for now) I'll make a few statements:

1) I don't like it when someone refuses to participate in an event that is culturally significant to me and many citizens of the US, when that refusal is part of a political demonstration. In varying degrees/situations you can consider refusal to participate in honoring to the colors. Burning flags, 'stomping' on flags, desecrating flags, refusing to fly them when appropriate, refusing to take part in ceremonies that honor them...I find all of that annoying.

2) Citizens are not compelled by law to honor the flag. They are obligated by etiquette to do so. They are free to ignore those rules of etiquette for whatever notion moves them.

3) This is how it works and this is how it is supposed to work. Freedom of expression is substantially more important than 'freedom of not being offended because that guy's a douche bag.' Scurrying about to enact laws or amendments to change this is unAmerican. It is the offensive speech that most requires protection. No one cares if you wish to to tell everyone you meet on a given morning to have a good day. That's protected as well, but it's not targeted. It is the targeted expression that must be most savagely defended. To the death if necessary.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:20 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:


Tell it to Jim Caviezel?
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 07:31 AM 08-31-2016
This guy is basically a modern-day Muhammed Ali, as far as I can tell.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 07:45 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
This guy is basically a modern-day Muhammed Ali, as far as I can tell.
Except for that whole talent thing.
[Reply]
RNR 07:53 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
This guy is basically a modern-day Muhammed Ali, as far as I can tell.
This is one of the silliest things I have read in quite awhile~
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:01 AM 08-31-2016
He doesn't have Ali's talent but you have to respect athletes who have the courage to stand up for what they think is right. Or sit down, in this case.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:35 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by RNR:
This is one of the silliest things I have read in quite awhile~
From Trolly McTrollson?

Nothing gets past you, man!!
[Reply]
RNR 11:10 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
From Trolly McTrollson?

Nothing gets past you, man!!
He always posts crazy things. Remember when he posted he would rather hear the death rattle of his only child than see Clinton elected? Wait that was you~
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:12 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by RNR:
He always posts crazy things. Remember when he posted he would rather hear the death rattle of his only child than see Clinton elected? Wait that was you~
:-)

Rep.
[Reply]
RNR 11:19 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
He doesn't have Ali's talent but you have to respect athletes who have the courage to stand up for what they think is right. Or sit down, in this case.
Talent has nothing to do with it. Ali took a stance that cost him everything. He had no idea if he would ever be able to fight again when he took his stand. This shitbag is risking nothing. He is a backup who signed a huge contract and stood to lose nothing~
[Reply]
listopencil 11:29 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by RNR:
Talent has nothing to do with it. Ali took a stance that cost him everything. He had no idea if he would ever be able to fight again when he took his stand. This shitbag is risking nothing. He is a backup who signed a huge contract and stood to lose nothing~
Or, well, he sat down to lose nothing.
[Reply]
RNR 11:31 AM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Or, well, he sat down to lose nothing.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up