ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 248
« First < 148198238244245246247248
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Rausch 02:45 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Haven't seen the movie or this RLM reaction, but this seemed to be something CP media types would be interested in
I liked it.

He was making fun of himself. It has every trope and cliche imaginable (and the kicker being all the one's he's guilty of.)
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:33 PM 10-02-2021
just watched 'the guilty'... fucking terrible movie

don't bother. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:54 AM 10-04-2021
Not a new movie, but wife and I got around to watching "The VVitch". I continue to be impressed with these A24 movies and their highly polished productions. Movie was absolutely gorgeous and unsettling, and the actors gave terrific performances; every single one of them. This movie is valuable for those who want a glimpse into the struggles of subsistence farming back in the day, or those who want to watch horror done right. A+.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:11 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Not a new movie, but wife and I got around to watching "The VVitch". I continue to be impressed with these A24 movies and their highly polished productions. Movie was absolutely gorgeous and unsettling, and the actors gave terrific performances; every single one of them. This movie is valuable for those who want a glimpse into the struggles of subsistence farming back in the day, or those who want to watch horror done right. A+.
The VVitch is fucking awesome! I loved how detailed and authentic looking it was (from the scenery to the dialogue ) it was so well made.

The director Robert Eggers is imo set to be the next big "it " director. His 2nd film is pretty out there and good too called The Lighthouse (starring Wilem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson) its about two men stationed at a lighthouse and they descend into madness (oh and its shot in black & white too)

His upcoming film coming out next year is a viking epic called The Northman and it sounds utterly amazing. The cast is loaded too. Alexander Skarsgard plays the lead and apparently its beyond violent as hell. And the budget is supposed to be pretty sizable so that's good to hear. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:18 AM 10-05-2021

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:44 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Yeah, that scene really fucked with my wife and I's head.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:19 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
The VVitch is fucking awesome! I loved how detailed and authentic looking it was (from the scenery to the dialogue ) it was so well made.

.
Ive seen it. I remember liking it. I don't remember it too well anymore. At all, actually.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:27 PM 10-12-2021
Decided we'd watch some more A24 horror this weekend, and watched Hereditary. Like many of their productions, the cinematography is stunning, and the acting is good (particularly for a horror film). Toni Collette is actually great in this, and I can see the Oscar arguments some have tried to make.

But after watching it, my first reaction when the credits rolled was "I didn't like that". I've been putting it through my mind blender, and I think now I have the impression of "it was okay, worth watching". If anything, the knowledge of the ending makes the movie elevated, because boy did they use a lot of tricks to make the movie more unnerving . A thumping base during many if the movie's innocuous scenes suggests something scary is coming, and often nothing ever materializes. It can seem boring at times, and the typical suburban setting doesn't pull the same weight that many other A24 movies benefit from.

If I can to rank this, Midsommar, and The Witch, I'd do it as follows:

The Witch > Midsommar >>> Hereditary
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:48 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Decided we'd watch some more A24 horror this weekend, and watched Hereditary. Like many of their productions, the cinematography is stunning, and the acting is good (particularly for a horror film). Toni Collette is actually great in this, and I can see the Oscar arguments some have tried to make.

But after watching it, my first reaction when the credits rolled was "I didn't like that". I've been putting it through my mind blender, and I think now I have the impression of "it was okay, worth watching". If anything, the knowledge of the ending makes the movie elevated, because boy did they use a lot of tricks to make the movie more unnerving . A thumping base during many if the movie's innocuous scenes suggests something scary is coming, and often nothing ever materializes. It can seem boring at times, and the typical suburban setting doesn't pull the same weight that many other A24 movies benefit from.

If I can to rank this, Midsommar, and The Witch, I'd do it as follows:

The Witch > Midsommar >>> Hereditary
I seriously legitimately mean no offense, . . but I think you probably missed a lot. You mention that scenes were unnerving but nothing happened. The brilliance of the film [once you know to look for it] is how much of what is 'happening' happens in the shadows, or right on the screen without comment. The forces driving the narrative to the conclusion are very real and omnipresent.

Watch a video or two breaking down the nuances and clues and it might give you additional appreciation.

I love all three movies, and I put Hereditary right at the top of the heap.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:16 AM 10-13-2021
THE

TRAILER

IS

HERE!!!!!

- Think this is the time to break out 'chuffed.' Chuffed describes my state at the moment.


[Reply]
meleknistra 03:44 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
THE

TRAILER

IS

HERE!!!!!

- Think this is the time to break out 'chuffed.' Chuffed describes my state at the moment.

Wow! Thanks for sharing
[Reply]
Page 248 of 248
« First < 148198238244245246247248
Up