ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 146
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:48 PM 02-10-2023
On Friday, the Chiefs announced they have no injury designations for this weekend's game.

Wide receivers Kadarius Toney and JuJu Smith-Schuster will both be active for the Chiefs. The same thing can be said about cornerback L'Jarius Sneed.

SORRY NOT A TWEETER
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:52 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Not big Florio fan but he really gave me goosebumps with his game prediction. Laying it down, Patrick is THE man. THE one and only.

Florio’s take: For the first time since 2017, both No. 1 seeds have advanced to the Super Bowl. And, on paper, the Eagles are just a little bit better than the Chiefs.

But the Chiefs have the one thing the Eagles don’t. As in one-five. 15. Patrick Mahomes.

Five straight AFC Championships at home. Three Super Bowl appearances. And, if he’s ever going to come close to Tom Brady‘s seven titles, it’s time to get No. 2.

The ankle is more than good enough. The team around him is more than good enough. Unless the Eagles methodically suffocate the Chiefs with the running game and in turn get to Mahomes and sack him repeatedly, this one should be close and it should be exciting and it should come down to the wire with the Chiefs finding a way to pull it off.

Kansas City has fought through more adversity than the Eagles, especially in the playoffs. That matters. Kansas City also has the experience edge in the Super Bowl. That matter’s, too.

What matters most is the presence of the best quarterback in football, a sure-fire Hall of Famer who may eventually earn a spot in the Canton Upper Room proposed by Deion Sanders. Mahomes.

The Magic Man. The man among boys. The guy who finds a way to move the ball, to score points, and to do it in a way that is always far more entertaining than anything anyone else can muster.

It’s time to win his second. On his way to possibly more.

Florio’s pick: Chiefs 27, Eagles 24.
The more I look at the teams, the more I think the Chiefs might win going away. It probably will be a close game as Florio depicts, because teams rarely play perfect/near perfect games, so mistakes will be made by players/coaches, so a 3-4 points game is likely. But if the Chiefs come out and play the way they did vs. either SF or TB, this could be a dominant performance by KC.

Either way, it should be a really good game.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:58 PM 02-10-2023
Been super busy last couple of days so apologies if already mentioned: Philly media have been cocky af. On 610 today Carrington had a couple of their (Philly) radio guys on to get their perspective on the game. Synopsis: KC has no chance at all. Hurts is just as good. Their DBs are way better than anyone KC has at receiver (guess they forgot about Kelce). Their D is suffocating; no one can get to the QB better. Yeah, Mahomes is really good, but he is hurt. It's going to be a cake walk. Might as well not even show up. KC is Mahomes and a bunch of scrubs, whereas Philly is Hurts, who, if you remember, is just as good, AND they have an all time great roster everywhere else as well.

Man, I hope our players are hearing this same BS. I like it when we play angry. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:59 PM 02-10-2023
The Eagles have no idea what is coming.

I suspect our offense starts a little slow, but the defense is going to give Philly problems.

If Hurts is off even a little, this could turn into a blowout.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:02 PM 02-10-2023
Memories are incredibly short. They are from the NFC and in their own cocoon I guess
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:12 PM 02-10-2023
chiefs average margin of victory against the NFC this year is almost 17 points
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:17 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The more I look at the teams, the more I think the Chiefs might win going away. It probably will be a close game as Florio depicts, because teams rarely play perfect/near perfect games, so mistakes will be made by players/coaches, so a 3-4 points game is likely. But if the Chiefs come out and play the way they did vs. either SF or TB, this could be a dominant performance by KC.

I am extremely calm, way more than I expected to be.

I don't think the Eagles understand what's about to happen. The NFC is like the minor leagues compared to the AFC. The Chiefs have been through hell, the Eagles have coasted for most of the season. I think they're going to be blindsided, quite frankly. Like an avalanche hitting them out of nowhere.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:19 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I suspect our offense starts a little slow, but the defense is going to give Philly problems.

You're probably right, but I hope the offense comes out fast in this one. The more pressure we can put on Hurts and their offense, their coaches, the better. Most of them are going into their first SB, and most of their mistakes will be made early in the game, and if we can score on them early and shut their offense down in the first half, hold them to 7-10 points or so, we can put a lot of pressure on their entire team early, and maybe get some unforced errors that we can convert into more points. Ideally, that's what I'd like to see.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:23 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

It’s going to be epic
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:23 PM 02-10-2023
I was thinking that all three SBs Chiefs have played teams with staunch defenses.

I looked it up and all three teams were each ranked 8th in points allowed for the season.

Thought it would be 1st. But funny they were all in the same rank position.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2022/opp.htm
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:24 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I am extremely calm, way more than I expected to be.

I don't think the Eagles understand what's about to happen. The NFC is like the minor leagues compared to the AFC. The Chiefs have been through hell, the Eagles have coasted for most of the season. I think they're going to be blindsided, quite frankly. Like an avalanche hitting them out of nowhere.
Yeah, and I generally hate how overused the phrase "battle tested" gets thrown around in sports, but the Chiefs really have dealt with a lot more adversity this season than the Eagles, and at this point for this game that can be a big factor.

Then add in the fact that PHI just hasn't played a team that operates on offense/defense the way the Chiefs do. Andy's going to scramble their brains with all the motion, quick passes, etc., and throw all kinds of things at them at a pace they just haven't had to deal with this season. It's going to put them on their heels a bit. Maybe a lot.

it'll say a lot about how well they're coached and how good that team is if they respond well in the first half.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:26 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s going to be epic
This feels a lot like the DEN-SEA SB to me.

SEA was absolutely disrespected in that game.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:38 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I could see it being more or less a repeat SB54 where it’s close the majority of the game and then a blow out late. Though I wouldn’t count out a dominant performance through the majority of the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I could see it being more or less a repeat SB54 where it’s close the majority of the game and then a blow out late. Though I wouldn’t count out a dominant performance through the majority of the game.
Yeah, no team comes out just flamethrowing out the gate, usually.

But that SBLIV played out the way it did, partly because Pat was so jacked on adrenaline for the first few drives that he kind of gave those away and put the team in a little hole. He's over that stage now, as far as I can tell, so I expect he's going to be pretty smooth from the start. If that happens, I could see KC just walking away from PHI, because they almost certainly will be a little too high on adrenaline to start.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:47 PM 02-10-2023
France is all fired up for Lucas Niang.

🇫🇷🏈 Le premier joueur à représenter la France lors d’un #SuperBowl !@Kbniang8, Lineman Offensif des @Chiefs, va porter le drapeau français sur son casque face aux Philadelphia Eagles ce week-end !

On lui souhaite bon courage pour rentrer dans l’histoire ! #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/I9g0WurLZ0

— NFL France (@NFLFrance) February 10, 2023

[Reply]
Page 125 of 146
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up