ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 287 of 432
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337387 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
chiefsfan987 05:25 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
WVU panicked at the end there. There were opportunities to get a decent shot up.

Now rest Harris as long as we need to, Bill. We're a mess without him.
We need Wilson to get back to being himself as well. He's had a couple head scratcher games in a row here.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:26 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
It looked like they wanted the ball inside and passed up multiple open 3's before turning the ball over to me but who knows.
If they wanted the ball inside, they probably should have taken a shot when they got inside. They just freaked out. Happens in that building.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:27 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
We need Wilson to get back to being himself as well. He's had a couple head scratcher games in a row here.
That was easily the worst he'd played all year for me and he's been trending that way for weeks now.

He's gonna have to get back to himself real quick if Harris can't play for any period of time. Otherwise, next week may get real ugly.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:33 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I'm standing by my argument that his game is being exposed now that things aren't going as well. The fact that people had echoed your statement that he was one of the best players in all of basketball earlier in the year shows just how he gets over hyped due to everyone else doing better.

Here's an example to show what I mean. Heres three different games and you tell me which ones were in the first half of the season and which of the other is in our recent losing streak.

Game A: 6 points 9 assists 2 rebounds 2 turnovers 2 steals
Game B: 3 points 11 assists 2 rebounds 4 turnovers 2 steals
Game C: 5 points 7 assists 3 rebounds 4 turnovers 3 steals

Are any of these stat lines wildly different? Not really. Yet the narrative around them is vastly different. Game A is a blowout of Mizzou where everything was sunshine and rainbows, Game B is the Kstate game, where he certainly shoulders some of the loss, and game C is a miracle pettiford layup as time expires to give us the win which was deemed a "gritty win". Three of our biggest games of the year and 2 of those games he was "one of the best in the country" and the other is "what's wrong with Harris". But really the only difference is how his teammates played and who else came through.

The first 2 months we played 13 games. He scored 6 points or less in 8 of them (62%). In no world does someone scoring this little get the title of "one of the best in the game", but he gets a pass because we were winning and usually big so people could just write it off as him staying in his lane and doing exactly what he's told. Now that the competition has increased and we aren't blowing people out, suddenly it's "why isn't he scoring? So weird, must be the head injury". Except he's never scored this season. He has 3 games all year over 11 points. Except no one really noticed or cared when we were playing Texas southern.

But what about the turnovers, they say. Did you see those passes He just missed against TCU? Something's wrong. Head injury probably or fatigue. But the fact is he handles the ball a ton and it happens. 11 turnovers in the past three games is "Harris really isn't handling the ball well and that's hurting us so much". Yet this isn't his first time doing this, he did it in his amazing first half everyone talks about, having 11 turnovers in the battle for atlantis tournament, which was actually worse considering how little he played against Tennessee. He actually had that many in 25 fewer minutes of game action. But we went 2-1 and Tennessee was "just one of those days". So he gets a pass and people were comparing him to legendary KU point guards anyway.

I'm not here to say he sucks or anything, but he's honestly the Alex Smith of PGs. When he has talent that's executing and playing great defense and he can get highlight reel fast break passes and we get the win then he's awesome and everything is great. But when things aren't going well and you need your PG to absolutely pull one out and be the leader, that's not usually him. He's not Mason or Dotson or Collins and he's certainly not one of the best guards in the country as an all around player.
I'm reminded of this post about the "Alex Smith of PGs" after that one. He may not be Frank Mason, but his all-around impact on a game is massive and he's essential to everything this team does. Without him, we've got no chance at all against good teams.

Dajuan Harris now has 32 assists to just 3 turnovers in his last two weeks & today added a career-high 6 steals. His 17 points were one shy of a personal-best. The amount of ways he impacts the game on both ends is just remarkable. #kubball

— Brian Hanni (@BHanni) February 25, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:40 PM 02-25-2023

Self: Juan hurt his foot. I hope like heck he’s ok.

— Jayhawk Talk (@JayhawkTalk) February 25, 2023

Me too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:01 PM 02-25-2023
Sounds like Harris is alright. Probably would’ve played in OT.

Bill Self said Dajuan Harris Jr. said he couldn't go back in, and for how tough Dajuan is that's a big deal. Noted Dajuan felt he could probably play in overtime.

Plan is to give him some time off and hope Dajuan is ready to go Tuesday.#kubball

— Jordan Guskey (@JordanGuskey) February 25, 2023

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:11 PM 02-25-2023
I'm reminded of this post about the "Alex Smith of PGs" after that one. He may not be Frank Mason, but his all-around impact on a game is massive and he's essential to everything this team does. Without him, we've got no chance at all against good teams.

His offense has definitely come alive and I’ve been wrong about that. He’s never been a scorer and has picked that up. He was obviously great tonight. Happy you were right on his upside.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:27 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
His offense has definitely come alive and I’ve been wrong about that. He’s never been a scorer and has picked that up. He was obviously great tonight. Happy you were right on his upside.
Harris being aggressive makes all the difference with his offense. When he's focused like that, I really do believe he's one of the more impactful players in the country given his defense and passing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:59 PM 02-25-2023
Didn't look like they were playing for anything. They didn't get a shot off despite numerous opportunities to do so. Just panicked.
Yeah they had 2 really good looks at 3, one decent one at 2 and several other make a play type shots, they just brain locked.

Thank God. We really shit the bed out there.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:07 PM 02-25-2023
Juan played great today, in case anyone missed it
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:14 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Juan played great today, in case anyone missed it
Yes he did, played AWESOME.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
A new way to screw mid majors.
I know, and I love it. There is no reason 400 teams should be in D1 basketball. They area all trying to get lucky and make a break in the NCAA Tournament. Something needs to be done. 75% of the teams have no business being in D1.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:40 PM 02-25-2023
If we win Tuesday and Texas loses Wednesday, we win the Bug 12 outright.

In that scenario, would anyone here consider resting starters for the Texas game?

This has been a fight all conference season. A longer rest before the conference tourney could be valuable.

We clearly have enough good wins that dropping that Texas game shouldn’t hurt our seeding if we still have a good showing in the conference tourney.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:02 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

In that scenario, would anyone here consider resting starters for the Texas game?

This has been a fight all conference season. A longer rest before the conference tourney could be valuable.

We clearly have enough good wins that dropping that Texas game shouldn’t hurt our seeding if we still have a good showing in the conference tourney.
I keep seeing Houston as the no. 1 overall and kc being their closest regional location, landing them in the Midwest. We do anything we can to get to des moines and through Kansas city. And that means beating Texas and playing in the championship game on Saturday
Because then there is no place ku goes except the Midwest region.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:28 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I wouldn't play any starter dealing with anything physical if that's the scenario, but they'll probably have too much competitive pride to do it.
[Reply]
Page 287 of 432
« First < 187237277283284285286287 288289290291297337387 > Last »
Up