ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
listopencil 10:08 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
This movie is white people are bad and black people are good and every black person can do no wrong and every black person can be a racist jerk but they can't actually be racist because they are black.

What a racist pile of trash this bullshit is.
Dang. You must have watched a different movie than I did. In the one I saw, the white people were on the periphery. There was this big battle between a bunch of black people and some Mesoamerican (I had to look that up) blue people. Then again color blindness does run in my family. My father and my son were/are afflicted. And here I thought I'd been spared - so maybe I have to rewatch it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 AM 11-17-2022
TBF, the Avengers ARE a bit racist. Not a single one even showed up to T'Challas funeral.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
TBF, the Avengers ARE a bit racist. Not a single one even showed up to T'Challas funeral.
Maybe that's because Wakanda won't allow "colonizers" to attend theirs funerals!
[Reply]
staylor26 05:14 PM 11-17-2022
So are there like 3 men left in Wakanda now?

Pretty hilarious that the people that scream non-stop about "RePrEsEnTaTiOn" forgot to put men in this movie.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 05:35 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So are there like 3 men left in Wakanda now?

Pretty hilarious that the people that scream non-stop about "RePrEsEnTaTiOn" forgot to put men in this movie.
I saw an article the other day with John Lequizamo complaining that they hired Chris Pratt to voice Mario. Coming from the Hispanic who played an Italian Luigi. Complained they they should have used POC for a white role. I wonder how people would have responded if they used a black actor to voice Donkey Kong, inclusive or racist? :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:43 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I saw an article the other day with John Lequizamo complaining that they hired Chris Pratt to voice Mario. Coming from the Hispanic who played an Italian Luigi. Complained they they should have used POC for a white role. I wonder how people would have responded if they used a black actor to voice Donkey Kong, inclusive or racist? :-)
Let's be real, the Chris Pratt playing Mario outrage is because it's Chris Pratt.

The left absolutely hates that dude for no reason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:47 PM 11-17-2022
Let's be real, the Chris Pratt playing Mario outrage is because it's Chris Pratt.

It’s as they say, if you’ve lost Elliot Page, you’ve lost America.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:51 PM 11-21-2022

He's a Christian, therefor not one of them.
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 AM 11-20-2022
Man this was a bad bad boring movie. I have low expectations for most MCU movies but wow.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:22 PM 11-20-2022
I loved it until the end.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:59 PM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I loved it until the end.

Spoiler!
I thought it was just me and the low budget movie theater I went to see it in.

As far as the movie, I try not to get into what should and shouldn't have happened. The movie for what it was and the circumstances surrounding it was the best told story ever in the MCU imo. The plot made totally made sense. Even the things people are griping at can be explained away. The actors did their thing, especially Angela Bassett. Coogler did a masterful job
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:04 PM 11-21-2022
Respect the movie and it did it's job. It had a heavy feel to it and good performances I thought. Definitely missing Chadwick Boseman as it didn't have that star power and missing the main BP but I think the cast did a great job to make it as good as possible. I loved Namor and think he'll be great going forward along with RIRI Williams. I enjoyed the first one more but it's definitely cause Tchalla was in it. The mid credit scene is good. I can't see myself seeing it multiple times, maybe a 2nd but it feels like a funeral/tribute. I think if you liked the first one you'll like this one too.

I really loved the first one and Chadwick's performance, he was a presence that is definitely missed.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:32 PM 11-21-2022
Anyone notice the beach scene at night it was hard af to see?
[Reply]
Valiant 10:01 AM 11-23-2022
I wish they would release what the original sequel was about.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Still should have brought a redeemed kilmonger as black panther.

Anika needs a new name. Or say it different.

Movie was about poc killing other poc.

Should have made the general the black panther.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:21 PM 11-24-2022
Point taken, but the title of Captain America isn't a demotion for anyone.

He's pretty much the most revered comic book character in Marvel and probably the same in the MCU.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up