ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3725 of 4885
« First < 2725322536253675371537213722372337243725 372637273728372937353775382542254725 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:19 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I've mentioned it before, but Paton's first draft was amazing. Despite trading a lot of picks for Russ, he still managed to get guys like Greg Dulcich and Demarri Mathis this year.
And you think those picks offset all that he traded for Wilson, Wilson himself, and the contract extension? Let's not forget that he was the one the hired the coach that lasted just 15 games too.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:19 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You mean the same Dan Quinn who was fired once? Still curious as to the achievements of Paton.
BB, Mike Shanahan, Reid, Kubiak, Tom Coughlin and Tony Dungy were all let go from a previous job and went on to win a Super Bowl at their next stop.

I think coaches getting their second shot are "safer" than gambling on a rookie HC.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:21 PM 12-27-2022
If his drafts are so good then why is his team 4-11?
I guess maybe they would be 1-14 otherwise?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:24 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
And you think those picks offset all that he traded for Wilson, Wilson himself, and the contract extension? Let's not forget that he was the one the hired the coach that lasted just 15 games too.
Hackett and his staff and the injuries are to blame for the decline of Russ this year.

Hiring Hackett was a big mistake. There are reports that the early contract extension was being pushed by ownership. It's hard to find good coaches, once a team finds one they rarely let them go.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:27 PM 12-27-2022
Paton has progressively made them worse. They went from Von Miller and Bradley Chubb to Randy Gregory (2 sacks :-)) and Baron Browning.

Paton is damn lucky that he inherited DreMont Jones. Hell Vic Fangio built that defense and Paton has completely dismantled it.

He’s terrible
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:31 PM 12-27-2022
Because we have been down 3 of our top 4 WR's for most of the season?

Because our starting LT, RT, and Center have been down for most of the season?

Because our #1, #2 and #3 RB's to start the season are either on I.R. or off of the team?

Because Dulcich missed the first six games of the season due to a hamstring injury?

Because his HC and staff weren't up to snuff?

That's just on offense. We've had issues on defense and special teams too.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:35 PM 12-27-2022
BB, Mike Shanahan, Reid, Kubiak, Tom Coughlin and Tony Dungy were all let go from a previous job and went on to win a Super Bowl at their next stop.

I think coaches getting their second shot are "safer" than gambling on a rookie HC.
I hope they get Quinn and he fails again because the problem with your team is your GM and QB are some of the worst in football.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:35 PM 12-27-2022
Hackett and his staff and the injuries are to blame for the decline of Russ this year.

Hiring Hackett was a big mistake. There are reports that the early contract extension was being pushed by ownership. It's hard to find good coaches, once a team finds one they rarely let them go.
Well, I disagree, but it's your GM and your team. If Wilson is just as bad next year, will Paton fire the new coach too? You have Wilson under contract for what, another 6 years? So, if Wilson doesn't improve, you'll have to bite the bullet on the Wilson trade/extension. Those are essentially sunk costs, but Paton put you in that position. Personally, I think Paton sunk the franchise for many years to come with that trade.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:35 PM 12-27-2022

Because our #1, #2 and #3 RB's to start the season are either on I.R. or off of the team?

Because Dulcich missed the first six games of the season due to a hamstring injury?

Translation: we suck at talent evaluation.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:40 PM 12-27-2022
I've mentioned it before, but Paton's first draft was amazing. Despite trading a lot of picks for Russ, he still managed to get guys like Greg Dulcich and Demarri Mathis this year.
Ah yes Greg 400 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns Dulcich! How could we forget that amazing player. Time to take another

:-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 12-27-2022

And the guy responsible for it ALL is still there
[Reply]
tredadda 01:50 PM 12-27-2022

Or your roster isn’t as good as you make it out to be and your $250 million QB is beyond awful. You can blame Hackett all you want, but it’s not his fault Russ misses wide open players. Is it Hackett’s fault for Russ’ three bad INTs against the Rams? It’s been shown time and again that Russ is a failure as a QB this year. Also your WRs are not nearly as good as you make them appear.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:02 PM 12-27-2022
Paton calling WalRuss”fixable” recently is hilarious on so many levels.

He’s acknowledging that

he paid above retail for a broken product
The plan he has/had in place for this historic move hasn’t worked and is a catastrophic failure
The future decisions are no longer up to him

Walmart is treating Paton like Clark treated Pioli.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:10 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Paton calling WalRuss”fixable” recently is hilarious on so many levels.

He’s acknowledging that

he paid above retail for a broken product
The plan he has/had in place for this historic move hasn’t worked and is a catastrophic failure
The future decisions are no longer up to him

Walmart is treating Paton like Clark treated Pioli.
When they realize Paton doesn’t bring “Great Value” to Denver they will can him as he wasn’t ever “Sam’s Choice”.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:11 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Ah yes Greg 400 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns Dulcich! How could we forget that amazing player. Time to take another

:-):-):-)

Dulcich leads all rookie TE's in receiving yards and is #2 in receiving TD's, despite missing the first 6 games of the year.

[Reply]
Page 3725 of 4885
« First < 2725322536253675371537213722372337243725 372637273728372937353775382542254725 > Last »
Up