ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3635 of 4885
« First < 2635313535353585362536313632363336343635 363636373638363936453685373541354635 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:32 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I have put zero thought into it at this point. I'm just done with this experiment.
Flores could be a good option. It's a bit unfortunate that the Dolphins improved once he left, though.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:32 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They should have never given WalRuss a Walmart+ membership.

Has there ever been a trade in NFL history as bad as the trade for WalRuss? They are one of the worst teams of the last few years and have no picks to right the ship.

Might as well call up Jeff Fisher and try to get the team to 8 wins a couple years from now.
They should have just kept Swag Kelly. He knows how to win championships.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They've hired handlers for Hackett and taken away playcalling duties. Pretty clear the issues here go far beyond a bad head coach.
It's more convenient to blame it mostly on Hackett, because they're stuck with Russ, and they still desperately want to believe that Pay A Ton is a good GM.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 01:38 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I wonder if the players on the team know it.

I can’t imagine the coach commanding much respect if the team feels he was hired for BS reasons.
At my workplace, it is always known when someone is advanced for reasons other than merit. It happens A LOT these days. Initech People is not the company it used to be and politics are more important then merit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:38 PM 11-21-2022
I don't know why, the Walmart crew is more than likely going to gut the entire organization from top to bottom and clean house. At this point I'd honestly be much more furious at Paton than at Hackett if I was a Broncos fan. Hackett was a patsy brought in to try and lure Rodgers, which probably would've failed just as spectacularly as Wilson has given how badly he's fallen off in Green Bay. So plans A AND B were to trade an exhorbitant haul of capital away for a DOA QB and pay him 50+ million AAV, completely keelhauling the organization if it went south.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:39 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's more convenient to blame it mostly on Hackett, because they're stuck with Russ, and they still desperately want to believe that Pay A Ton is a good GM.
One of the two major problems (Hackett) can be replaced without hurting the team in other ways, while replacing the other major problem (Wilson) would handicap the team's future. If the goal is to improve the team, obviously you start by replacing the broken part that doesn't come with a huge cost.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
One of the two major problems (Hackett) can be replaced without hurting the team in other ways, while replacing the other major problem (Wilson) would handicap the team's future. If the goal is to improve the team, obviously you start by replacing the broken part that doesn't come with a huge cost.
You're fucked either way.

Also, the fact that you don't think Pay A Ton is a major problem when he hired Hackett for such a ridiculously short sighted reason AND made the trade for Russ then paid him is hilarious.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:41 PM 11-21-2022
I don't know why, the Walmart crew is more than likely going to gut the entire organization from top to bottom and clean house. At this point I'd honestly be much more furious at Paton than at Hackett if I was a Broncos fan. Hackett was a patsy brought in to try and lure Rodgers, which probably would've failed just as spectacularly as Wilson has given how badly he's fallen off in Green Bay. So plans A AND B were to trade an exhorbitant haul of capital away for a DOA QB and pay him 50+ million AAV, completely keelhauling the organization if it went south.
The Gomer Paton plan knowmo kept going on about
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:43 PM 11-21-2022
Seriously. It's beyond obvious now that Wilson is beyond cooked. Unfortunately Paton got sold a massive bill of goods and it's in all likelihood wrecked the organization for the foreseeable future. Going to be incredibly hard to compete with that anchor around your necks, never mind the fact you have next to no assets at all to get a franchise QB at least until 2024.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 11-21-2022
They've hired handlers for Hackett and taken away playcalling duties. Pretty clear the issues here go far beyond a bad head coach.
Main problems being: The roster was not as talented as perceived. Especially on offense.

Sutton, Jeudy, Hammler: Not a good unit despite their draft slots.

The offensive line: Not that good.

Running backs: Not that good behind Williams

Quarterback: WASHED
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:45 PM 11-21-2022
Is elway still involved with the broncos at all? I've read that the new ownership wants nothing to do with him, and that his contract as ... whatever he was ... has expired. The last article that I can find says that he's an "outside consultant", but that can mean anything.

I'm going to blame him for this season regardless, but I'm curious if they've lanced that canker sore.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:52 PM 11-21-2022
In less than a year, Paton has:

1) Hired one of the worst coaches in NFL history.

2) Facilitated one of the worst trades in NFL history.

3) Offered one of the worst contracts in NFL history, to a player who hadn't put on the uniform yet.

Q Joe: "Thank you, General Paton, may I have another!?"
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:55 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're fucked either way.

Also, the fact that you don't think Pay A Ton is a major problem when he hired Hackett for such a ridiculously short sighted reason AND made the trade for Russ then paid him is hilarious.
There's so much nonsense going on with this team that it's not clear to me that Paton actually made the decision about Hackett. Elway and Ellis were apparently key decision makers about the HC hire, and neither of them are officially with the team anymore.

My personal conspiracy theory is that Wilson didn't want to come to Denver (he had a no-trade clause with Seattle, and Denver was not on his initial list of teams he would waive it for) until he was promised a huge extension before having to play a single snap. Again, was this Paton's decision? Elway and Ellis were in control at that point.

If Paton made those decisions, then yes, he should go. The only thing I know he's been in charge of was drafting, and our drafts have improved significantly since he was hired.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
There's so much nonsense going on with this team that it's not clear to me that Paton actually made the decision about Hackett. Elway and Ellis were apparently key decision makers about the HC hire, and neither of them are officially with the team anymore.

My personal conspiracy theory is that Wilson didn't want to come to Denver (he had a no-trade clause with Seattle, and Denver was not on his initial list of teams he would waive it for) until he was promised a huge extension before having to play a single snap. Again, was this Paton's decision? Elway and Ellis were in control at that point.

If Paton made those decisions, then yes, he should go. The only thing I know he's been in charge of was drafting, and our drafts have improved significantly since he was hired.
That's some serious cope.

I guess that's why Elway bascially came out and tried to put it out there that he preferred O'Connell.

Paton is the GM. Hackett was his guy. You're delusional if you think otherwise.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:59 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is elway still involved with the broncos at all? I've read that the new ownership wants nothing to do with him, and that his contract as ... whatever he was ... has expired. The last article that I can find says that he's an "outside consultant", but that can mean anything.

I'm going to blame him for this season regardless, but I'm curious if they've lanced that canker sore.
He was GM until 2020, then was President of Football Operations (not sure what that means) until April 2022. I think blaming him for this season is appropriate, as he was in charge when we hired Hackett and traded for Wilson.
[Reply]
Page 3635 of 4885
« First < 2635313535353585362536313632363336343635 363636373638363936453685373541354635 > Last »
Up