ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 469
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:29 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I don't understand. What does Moore have to do with Mondesi being made of glass?

Or are you bitching just to bitch?
He’s DM’s baby. His bundle of joy. He got every chance and DM refused to waiver. So now that he’s failed we can put the blame on DM. He had multiple offseasons to get something of value and didn’t.

DM himself admitted last year he has been too slow to make moves. So maybe you should listen to the man himself instead of projecting onto me
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:31 AM 04-28-2022
Who gets Mondesi's ABs is my question. For the Royals' sake I hope it's Isbel. Isbel should have been penciled in, or even penned in, for a starting OF spot from day 1. So the obvious move is to have Lopez or BWJ play shortstop and 3B, with Merrifield back to the infield at 2B, and Isbel replaces Merrifield in the OF. Is that the expected plan? Predictions?

Watch em bring in Justin Upton and keep Isbel and Olivares "developing" on the bench/in the minors.

ETA: Roster Resource has Nicky Lopez as your new starting SS and Whit Merrifield as your 2B, and the man himself Kyle Isbel is your new starting right fielder. Isbel is indeed in the starting lineup today and batting 7th, facing Michael Kopech (good luck with that one KI). A young intriguing mix of power and speed that has shown flashes of ability in past seasons and was downright fire-hot this Spring Training, Isbel will be a hot commodity on the waiver wire in AL-Only fantasy leagues. Hopefully being limited to 1 AB the entire season until now just means he'll be extra 'due' for hits, and won't mean he's completely lost his timing and will go hitless for weeks.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:34 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Who gets Mondesi's ABs is my question. For the Royals' sake I hope it's Isbel. Isbel should have been penciled in, or even penned in, for a starting OF spot from day 1. So the obvious move is to have Lopez or BWJ play shortstop and 3B, with Merrifield back to the infield at 2B, and Isbel replaces Merrifield in the OF. Is that the expected plan? Predictions?

Watch em bring in Justin Upton and keep Isbel and Olivares "developing" on the bench/in the minors.

[Reply]
Spott 10:43 AM 04-28-2022
Now who will they get to strike out twice a game?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:50 AM 04-28-2022
Yeah he's done as a Royal. Good luck elsewhere
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:51 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Now who will they get to strike out twice a game?
Is that a serious question?

Carlos Santana has em covered!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:55 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Well I don't follow the Royals like I do the Angels, but I do know the Royals do dumb stuff on the regular (Santana is batting 5th today and he's way more cooked than Upton). I'm gonna formally predict that Upton joins KC, right here with this post. He will only cost league minimum, after all.
[Reply]
Spott 10:56 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Is that a serious question?

Carlos Santana has em covered!
I think I’d rather watch the real Carlos Santana in a Royals uniform than the one we got.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:16 AM 04-28-2022
Who would you all rather have for the next 6 seasons: Bobby Witt, Jr. or Adley Rutschman? League circles regard Rutschman as #1 prospect in baseball, with BWJ #2, but some say that order should be reversed.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:26 AM 04-28-2022
So with the final nail being in the coffin for Mondesi being a complete failure I think there's a conversation to be had with the Royals' failures in Latin America. Those 2014-2015 teams don't happen without Salvy, Herrera, and Ventura. Without doing the research I'm guessing most teams making the postseason in MLB have a significant presence from Latin America. KC hasn't found shit there in over a decade now and it shows.
[Reply]
tk13 11:43 AM 04-28-2022
You just can't predict an ACL tear like that. Some guys are just injury prone. We're a small market team, you have to take chances on talent. Mondesi has the ability to be a 20 HR/60 SB type player, and looked like it when he got a chance to play last year. You'd be nuts to let that walk away.

It's no different than Soler last year. He's a guy who could hit 50+ HR, and we eventually traded him off and watched him become World Series MVP. You have to take chances on elite talent but eventually they run out of time. Mondesi's only 26 years old so his career isn't over, but his time with the Royals might be.
[Reply]
poolboy 11:50 AM 04-28-2022
dang, all he did was round first and then back to the bag
[Reply]
PHOG 12:02 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
dang, all he did was round first and then back to the bag
I thought it was a throw back to 1st. (Half hearted pick-off attempt) But still, yeah. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:15 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
You just can't predict an ACL tear like that. Some guys are just injury prone. We're a small market team, you have to take chances on talent. Mondesi has the ability to be a 20 HR/60 SB type player, and looked like it when he got a chance to play last year. You'd be nuts to let that walk away.

It's no different than Soler last year. He's a guy who could hit 50+ HR, and we eventually traded him off and watched him become World Series MVP. You have to take chances on elite talent but eventually they run out of time. Mondesi's only 26 years old so his career isn't over, but his time with the Royals might be.

Let him heal up & there will be a lot of teams who would take a flyer on him for his potential. I could see the Dodgers wanting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:19 PM 04-28-2022
Royals up 1-0 in the first.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 469
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up