ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Kemp out for the season with ACL
BlackOp 05:35 PM 08-19-2019
Marcus Kemp will miss the season after tearing the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in the same knee during Saturday’s preseason game at Pittsburgh, The Star has learned. An MRI confirmed the injury.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:33 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
True but it might have kept on the team...with Watkins almost surely being a cap causality.
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:47 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)
Not for this season...stash him on IR.

Do you really think Watkins is going to be a Chief next year?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:51 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You can save money by extending Watkins
Like pay him the complete games he only plays in?

Otherwise he be a broke dick.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Not for this season...stash him on IR.

Do you really think Watkins is going to be a Chief next year?
Then your post has jack shit to do with this year. And who gives a shit Hardman has already shown it doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:14 AM 08-20-2019
I don't mind, truthfully I never even liked Kemp. This just means Cody T. has an even greater shot of making the roster. Hope he does because that kid is loaded with potential but he's going to need more time.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:47 AM 08-20-2019
Gehrig Deiter likes this.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:54 AM 08-20-2019
I've watched Marcus Kemp's catch, short run, and the #21 Safety Sean Davis's tackle several times.

I feel bad for Marcus to have his season end so soon.

I don't know what Marcus could have done to keep such a violent collision from happening short of him taking off and flying. He caught the ball and all of his momentum is going forward.

Maybe Sean Davis is innocent on this and had no other choice, but it looked like that was a deliberate blow to the side of the knee. He came in, went low to create the collision.

While I am complaining, also took issue with some of the other tackles that the Steelers made. The tackle that seems like it is a deliberate attempt to hurt players is to catch a player by the waist and then pull your lower body in and slide into the ankles. The Pittsburgh player #28 Mike Hilton tried to do that with Darwin Thompson at 5:21 in the 2nd quarter but Darwin was too fast and strong for him. Also happened at 1:26 in 1st quarter when #44 Tyler Matakevich rolled up on Deon Yelder's ankle and hurt him. There was a couple of other times during the game I noticed this technique was used but I don't feel like trying to go back through and trying to find them.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:19 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I've watched Marcus Kemp's catch, short run, and the #21 Safety Sean Davis's tackle several times.

I don't know what Marcus could have done to keep such a violent collision from happening short of him taking off and flying. He caught the ball and all of his momentum is going forward.

Maybe Sean Davis is innocent on this and had no other choice, but it looked like that was a deliberate blow to the side of the knee. He came in, went low to create the collision.

While I am complaining, also took issue with some of the other tackles that the Steelers made. The tackle that seems like it is a deliberate attempt to hurt players is to catch a player by the waist and then pull your lower body in and slide into the ankles. The Pittsburgh player #28 Mike Hilton tried to do that with Darwin Thompson at 5:21 in the 2nd quarter but Darwin was too fast and strong for him. Also happened at 1:26 in 1st quarter when #44 Tyler Matakevich rolled up on Deon Yelder's ankle and hurt him. There was a couple of other times during the game I noticed this technique was used but I don't feel like trying to go back through and trying to find them.
I thought KC's QB hung him out to dry....at least, live, it appeared that way. Was it Henne?

I'll also say I wast too happy about playing the Steelers in PS...earlier that day, I though..."That team likes to cheap shot, I hope no one gets hurt."

I wasn't surprised to hear Pittsburgh was running exotic blitzes so Reid pulled Mahomes as a precaution....they're dicks like that.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:31 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I don't mind, truthfully I never even liked Kemp. This just means Cody T. has an even greater shot of making the roster. Hope he does because that kid is loaded with potential but he's going to need more time.
After Sammy is cut next year I think Cody can play a big role.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 04:25 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
After Sammy is cut next year I think Cody can play a big role.
Cody can catch....but he's really kinda puny....
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:15 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Cody can catch....but he's really kinda puny....
He's an average build for a WR. He's not tiny.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:30 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

They were literally blitzing every play and had starters in for quite awhile, there was some serious butt hurt exhibited by Mike Tomlin in that game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up