ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs resign Jeff Allen
thabear04 07:38 AM 08-19-2019
Chiefs are re-sign Jeff Allen probably a one year deal wonder who getting on IR or cut.

Team News: The Kansas City Chiefs are finalizing a deal to re-sign OG Jeff Allen.

Allen, 29, signed with the Chiefs on October 16th and spent the remainder of the 2018 season in Kansas City. He appeared in 10…
[Reply]
-King- 04:27 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lol. You choads are gonna blow your brains out when Reid keeps Hyde.

And I’ll be there to say “I told you so...”

Seriously. People irrationally hate Hyde. It’s stupid.
I don't hate him, but I don't think he offers anything the other guys don't. If they keep him over Darrell Williams, I don't care. There's just no scenario barring injury he should get as many carries as Damien Williams or Thompson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:55 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah but the skills AREN'T comparable, I think that's the point everyone is trying to make. When Darwin stepped in there was a demonstrable jump in talent. Hyde is a high floor guy who doesn't do any one thing particularly well and is just wasting everyone's time.

Darwin looks like a playmaker.
What? It's not between Darwin Thompson and Carlos Hyde, man.

It's between Carlos Hyde and Darrell Williams. And Williams is shit.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:57 PM 08-19-2019
Sorry I'm arguing in multiple threads about Darwin, I don't give a shit about Darrell Williams lol
[Reply]
Mecca 05:27 PM 08-19-2019
I personally don't care if Carlos Hyde makes it or not, I just don't think Hyde and Darrel Williams should both make it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:42 PM 08-19-2019
Darrel Williams has a nice TD catch last year and can do everything Hyde does
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:43 PM 08-19-2019
As others have stated, good to have experienced depth behind Wylie and LDT.

I hope we can find a better OT after cutdowns. Erving doesn’t belong out there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:47 PM 08-19-2019
This is actually gives me a lot of comfort. A little disappointing potentially as it relates to the young depth there, but nice to know we could withstand a blow at OG.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:00 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is actually gives me a lot of comfort. A little disappointing potentially as it relates to the young depth there, but nice to know we could withstand a blow at OG.
I know they've been plugging McKenzie primarily in on the right side, but I hope this signing doesn't mean he's been sucking dick. We could really use him becoming a starter-quality guard one day.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:26 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know they've been plugging McKenzie primarily in on the right side, but I hope this signing doesn't mean he's been sucking dick. We could really use him becoming a starter-quality guard one day.
I think it’s about Erving and needing a swing. I can see Erving as a surprise cut.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:31 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I think it’s about Erving and needing a swing. I can see Erving as a surprise cut.
I think if that were the case we'd be bringing in Jeff Allen to compete as tackle. Which he did for a few games in 2014 when he started at RT, and he was actually pretty damn good at it... until he got injured.

So who knows. Andy will probably clarify what he's here to do a little bit more. Or we can just wait for the 20 minute press conference with Veach during the 3rd preseason game in which they don't show or talk about any game footage.

But I hope you're right. Erving is fucking dog shit. He might be the worst swing tackle we've had in the Andy Reid era.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:32 PM 08-19-2019
The surprise cut will be McKenzie
[Reply]
Grim 06:10 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
They just gave him a two year extension with $6.5 million guaranteed less than a year ago. Cutting him would save the Chiefs nothing.
If he gets cut, it won't be until 2020.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:45 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The surprise cut will be McKenzie
RGR agrees with you so....not exactly a great sign as those dudes are kinda dumb.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:28 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
RGR agrees with you so....not exactly a great sign as those dudes are kinda dumb.
Who's RGR?
[Reply]
Hoover 07:47 AM 08-20-2019
I think we give McKenzie another year, BUT if the roster gets difficult I can see the Chiefs attempting to get him on the practice squad.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up