ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs resign Jeff Allen
thabear04 07:38 AM 08-19-2019
Chiefs are re-sign Jeff Allen probably a one year deal wonder who getting on IR or cut.

Team News: The Kansas City Chiefs are finalizing a deal to re-sign OG Jeff Allen.

Allen, 29, signed with the Chiefs on October 16th and spent the remainder of the 2018 season in Kansas City. He appeared in 10…
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:24 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hyde isnt getting cut tho

Carlos Hyde has to go..

— Dante' Jones (@Dantej21) August 18, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 08-19-2019
At least at RB there are options, at backup OL bringing Allen back basically means they don't trust their young backups.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:39 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
12:31 p.m. ET

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:47 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kareem started as as rookie. That doesn't happen much on the OL.
100% due to injury.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:00 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think what happened is Murray and Hunter haven't shown them shit and they may not be comfortable going into a season with Allegretti and McKenzie as your guard backups where literally Cam Erving is the only backup OL they feel comfortable with.
I think this is more about the backup guard and left tackle positions than it is about the backup center position.

In watching some practice and the two preseason games, it is clear Nick Allegretti has a long way to go before he is NFL ready. Kahlil McKenzie is doing better in his growth to be an offensive lineman but he is also a work in progress. Ryan Hunter also shows promise but maybe not yet ready.

Maybe more alarming is the backup LT Cam Erving. Last year Cam had 7 holding penalties, 6 false starts, and 2 unnecessary roughness while playing guard. If you get 6 false starts while beside the center, what will it look like when putting him outside with speed rushers? Preseason games continue to show him as a weakness that needs to be addressed. Cam Erving as a backup LT, G, or C will be the weak link.

Not saying the Jeff Allen is the ideal LT, but at 6-4 he also has long arms and at Illinois he played at the tackle position and he has played it some in the NFL.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:09 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
100% due to injury.
He was the #2 as a rookie. If Williams went down, Thompson could get the start, just like Hunt.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:11 PM 08-19-2019
Anything has to be better than Cam Erving. People bitching about Colquitt's contract or Sorenson's contract need to look into Cam Erving's contract instead.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:15 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was the #2 as a rookie. If Williams went down, Thompson could get the start, just like Hunt.
Im not arguing that I am arguing that after that there is NOBODY with NFL experience on the roster.

In a related note, Charcandrick West just signed with the Colts as they just put Foreman on IR.

I m not sold on there are ton of talented RB's out there to improve our roster.
[Reply]
O.city 01:17 PM 08-19-2019
Im not arguing that I am arguing that after that there is NOBODY with NFL experience on the roster.

In a related note, Charcandrick West just signed with the Colts as they just put Foreman on IR.

I m not sold on there are ton of talented RB's out there to improve our roster.
There aren't gonna be any likely all pro RB's floating around out there.

But a guy that could come in and be adequate or put up solid numbers? Yeah, probably.

I doubt they would actually look to bring in anyone though, just go with whats on the roster.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
There aren't gonna be any likely all pro RB's floating around out there.

But a guy that could come in and be adequate or put up solid numbers? Yeah, probably.

I doubt they would actually look to bring in anyone though, just go with whats on the roster.
Correct because THAT is why Hyde is on the roster.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 08-19-2019
Correct because THAT is why Hyde is on the roster.
If that's all we're looking for, there are 2 other guys on the roster that likely could do that and actually have upside to be better.

Hyde has shown the last couple years, he struggles to even be adequate.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:23 PM 08-19-2019
If we were to cut Cam this year we would have $2,863,334 of dead money and would save only $302,707 against the cap.

While I was at Overthecap.com, looked at Marcus Kemp (IR) $570,000.

Also Carlos Hyde to cut would have $1,500,000 of dead money and $1,237,500 of cap savings.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 08-19-2019
If that's all we're looking for, there are 2 other guys on the roster that likely could do that and actually have upside to be better.

Hyde has shown the last couple years, he struggles to even be adequate.
There is no evidence Darrel Williams is any better than Hyde. None.
[Reply]
O.city 01:44 PM 08-19-2019
There is no evidence Darrel Williams is any better than Hyde. None.
We have a lot of evidence that Hyde sucks though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:46 PM 08-19-2019
We have a lot of evidence that Hyde sucks though.
Actually you don't.

2017 he played all 16 games with a bad 49er team and had 940 yards on 240 carries and 350 yards receiving. 2016 he had 968 yards rushing.

Yea he has been on 2 bad teams since and didn't play much.

Darrel Williams will likely never total those 2 years in his career.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up