ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs resign Jeff Allen
thabear04 07:38 AM 08-19-2019
Chiefs are re-sign Jeff Allen probably a one year deal wonder who getting on IR or cut.

Team News: The Kansas City Chiefs are finalizing a deal to re-sign OG Jeff Allen.

Allen, 29, signed with the Chiefs on October 16th and spent the remainder of the 2018 season in Kansas City. He appeared in 10…
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:51 AM 08-19-2019
Print’em
[Reply]
chinaski 08:54 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’s moving to corner
Werther's ain't running the show anymore.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:55 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you really think having veteran depth at RB is remotely the same or as important as having veteran depth at O-line?
Do you think they roll with Damien Williams as the only player with any real NFL experience at RB? He gets hurt like he already has, and we have a rookie and a second year UDFA to lean on?

Im not syaing Hyde's roster spot is a certain lock but they gave him $1.5MM guaranteed for a reason.
[Reply]
-King- 09:09 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Do you think they roll with Damien Williams as the only player with any real NFL experience at RB? He gets hurt like he already has, and we have a rookie and a second year UDFA to lean on?

Im not syaing Hyde's roster spot is a certain lock but they gave him $1.5MM guaranteed for a reason.
It's running back. Wtf does veteran experience have to do with anything? It's the simplest easiest position in football while O-line is the most complex after QB. There's a reason it makes more sense to have veteran depth at O-line than RB. Especially in the case of Jeff Allen where he's been in this system before so his familiarity would come in handy. What can Hyde's veteran experience add?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:11 AM 08-19-2019
Experience at RB is really overrated basically by year 2 Darrell Williams should be able to pick up a blitz, if he can't then he shouldn't be on a team.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 08-19-2019
They rolled with Williams in the playoffs last year, IIRC, so i'm guessing they'd be fine with him now?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:18 AM 08-19-2019
Seems like a good likely cheap signing if some of the young guys just aren't there. Knows the system and all
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:21 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I believe Veach did address depth on the OL, they just haven't blossomed the way we hoped. I think we're OK at G and C, it's the backup T I'm worried about.
Yeah I think everyone can agree that OL depth is very thin. But, we are just going to have to get use to that. When you have an young MVP QB you're going to be lucky to have good front line starters. We can forget depth. The math is simple.

Mahomes > Depth
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:39 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Maybe Pittsburgh zone blitzing the whole damn game was good for us after all. We got a wakeup call.
Yesh, their starting defense made mincemeat out of our 2nd and 3rd stringers...
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:39 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We’re on the same page. I just want a different vet RB than Hyde

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No reason to be pumped about Hyde really, I get that, but what veteran out there is better? If we cut him today he would be on a team by the end of the week.

Darrel Williams has done nothing that I can see to keep him over Hyde and since Hyde's contract is guaranteed it doesn't even save money to cut him so...........
CJ Spiller anyone? Anyone?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:47 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
CJ Spiller anyone? Anyone?
His contract wasn't guaranteed and it wasn't a potential SB year.

If Hyde gets cut he gets cut but it would have been a stupid waste of $1.5MM in cap space.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:49 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They rolled with Williams in the playoffs last year, IIRC, so i'm guessing they'd be fine with him now?
Pfft, Darwin Thompson says "here, hold my beer..."
[Reply]
carcosa 09:52 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Did they resign him or re-sign him?
They resigned themselves to re-signing him
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:53 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I assume you mean Darrel as the back up, they didn't have a choice last year, Hunt was let during the season.

Hey if the biggest roster question right now is whether Hyde or Darrel Williams will be the 3rd RB or short yardage guy or whatever, I'll take it.

Whatever they decide to go with I trust Reid and company. If anything they have been able to maximize the RB position.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:53 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yesh, their starting defense made mincemeat out of our 2nd and 3rd stringers...
Yeah - what was that about? Watt and Dupree out there blitzing Henne at the end of the first half of the second preseason game? I laughed my ass off when Henne scored on them.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up