ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs resign Jeff Allen
thabear04 07:38 AM 08-19-2019
Chiefs are re-sign Jeff Allen probably a one year deal wonder who getting on IR or cut.

Team News: The Kansas City Chiefs are finalizing a deal to re-sign OG Jeff Allen.

Allen, 29, signed with the Chiefs on October 16th and spent the remainder of the 2018 season in Kansas City. He appeared in 10…
[Reply]
Mecca 08:07 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
While I agree with this in principle... isn't Hyde the RB equivalent of Allen? A vet who has been in the league and has a track - albeit a meh - record?

Not to make this a hyde thread.
To a degree other than at 1 point Hyde looks pretty good with the niners but for the last 3 years he's shown a lot of decline. But for essentially a backup role if you feel you can't rely on Darrell Williams to take a couple of carries and not guy a QB killed in pass pro then he isn't exactly worthy of a spot either for a position that is easily replaceable.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:10 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think both Clay and Mecca are on track. Or maybe we keep 10 OL. I can't remember if Allen stepped in at T when he was here, but Erving is not someone I want to rely on.
He did, though I can't remember which game (maybe the Seahawks?). Chiefs are probably looking at the shitshow they have at backup tackle right now and figure Allen is the best option available currently.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:13 AM 08-19-2019
What sucks is that even average OL are in demand yet Allen was just sitting around not on any roster.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:14 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Except at RB right?
We’re on the same page. I just want a different vet RB than Hyde
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:15 AM 08-19-2019
I'm not the biggest fan of John Dorsey, but I'll give him credit for being able to add decent talent through the waiver wire. I can't say I'm a big fan of having to re-sign castoffs like Parker and Zombo last year and now Allen. Perhaps more due diligence should have been done a while ago to build the roster depth.
[Reply]
nychief 08:21 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm not the biggest fan of John Dorsey, but I'll give him credit for being able to add decent talent through the waiver wire. I can't say I'm a big fan of having to re-sign castoffs like Parker and Zombo last year and now Allen. Perhaps more due diligence should have been done a while ago to build the roster depth.
Dorsey signed all those guys originally.
[Reply]
oldman 08:22 AM 08-19-2019
I believe Veach did address depth on the OL, they just haven't blossomed the way we hoped. I think we're OK at G and C, it's the backup T I'm worried about.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:27 AM 08-19-2019
Maybe Pittsburgh zone blitzing the whole damn game was good for us after all. We got a wakeup call.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:30 AM 08-19-2019
I suppose I had too high of expectations for Allegretti. Turns out the 7th rounder is a 7th rounder
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:31 AM 08-19-2019
He’s moving to corner
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:32 AM 08-19-2019
More like Alle-not-gonna-be-here-anymore.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:32 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Kemps likely headed to IR.
Thank Christ. Can't stand to watch him bungle another downed punt opportunity.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:33 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We’re on the same page. I just want a different vet RB than Hyde
No reason to be pumped about Hyde really, I get that, but what veteran out there is better? If we cut him today he would be on a team by the end of the week.

Darrel Williams has done nothing that I can see to keep him over Hyde and since Hyde's contract is guaranteed it doesn't even save money to cut him so...........
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 08-19-2019
No reason to be pumped about Hyde really, I get that, but what veteran out there is better? If we cut him today he would be on a team by the end of the week.

Darrel Williams has done nothing that I can see to keep him over Hyde and since Hyde's contract is guaranteed it doesn't even save money to cut him so...........
I doubt it.

That'd be what, 3 teams in 2 years he's been on? I dunno that there's much left if he gets cut.
[Reply]
-King- 08:46 AM 08-19-2019

Do you really think having veteran depth at RB is remotely the same or as important as having veteran depth at O-line?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up