ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Celebrating my 50th year as a Chiefs fan.
Rain Man 02:59 PM 08-18-2019
To the best of my memory, I started watching in the 1970 season. I'm hopeful that the Chiefs will wear a patch on their jerseys this season for me during this golden season.

If I had to note my 50 most memorable moments of Chiefs fandom, they would be ... (in spoiler). I'm sure I'm missing some important and obvious events, but this is my initial thinking.

Spoiler!

It's been a good ride for 49 years. I'm kind of hopeful that Year 50 is going to put a few new highlights onto the list.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:11 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What restaurant did you get your spaghetti from?
G&D in the Forum strip mall. I could walk there from my house. They had great spaghetti, and their boston cream pie was an exotic treat for me. Did you ever go there?
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:13 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Noob....I went to the very first home game at Municipal Stadium in 1963...my uncle was a Car Salesman at a car dealership and won 2 tickets for being the leading salesman the month before.

When we got to the game I figured out why they were free..we were stuck behind one of the steel beams in the stands. Our view was blocked depending on the part of the field they were on
Another old geezer (literally) checking in. I faintly remember attending a game between the Chiefs and the then Boston Patriots in old Municipal Stadium. I attended several games of the Kansas City A's at Municipal Stadium with my dad.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:20 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
G&D in the Forum strip mall. I could walk there from my house. They had great spaghetti, and their boston cream pie was an exotic treat for me. Did you ever go there?
I don’t think so. I didn’t make it to that part of town much.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:22 PM 08-18-2019
This has me thinking of my most memorable Chiefs related moments. Sadly I’d have a lot more negative moments I’d have to add to the list (Rainman was being generous), but there have been plenty of great moments as well, and maybe one or two in between, like watching DT yank Shannon Sharpe around the field by the face mask on MNF. It should be a no question embarrassing moment seeing your star let a trash talker get to him causing a loss of self control on a national stage. Ultimately Sharpe won that one. Still, I remember sitting there as a kid watching it with a big smile on my face loving that POS loud mouthed donkey asshole getting yanked around like a little bitch.

For all of the misery there have certainly been some enjoyable moments. And as a fan I tell myself that all of miserable moments are going to make the greatest moment that much sweeter should it ever happen. I have more hope than ever that the payoff is REALLY going to happen, and that moment cannot get here soon enough.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:23 PM 08-18-2019
I'm one year younger than you and have most all the same memories... The 71 Christmas game we were at my Grandparents house and couldn't open presents till after the game, listened to it on the radio.. The Derrick Thomas called safety against the Raiders was something I'll never forget... I have a VHS copy of the OT home playoff game against the Steelers.. Tim Barnett caught the ball right in front of the wife and I and we will always have the memory cause we are on the replay right in the front row in the endzone where he caught it...
Also at the playoff game where the defense made the Raiders Todd Marinovich cry on the bench.. Good times...
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:29 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don’t think so. I didn’t make it to that part of town much.
A person could live in that town forever and still not experience everything it had to offer.
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:30 PM 08-18-2019
Most memorable moments for me were the first Super Bowl against the Packers and our Super Bowl win over the Vikings, but the 71 Christmas game probably holds the most special place in my memories. I had just returned home from Viet Nam and the whole family was gathered at my brother's house where we all watched the game.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 04:36 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
To the best of my memory, I started watching in the 1970 season. It's been a good ride for 49 years. I'm kind of hopeful that Year 50 is going to put a few new highlights onto the list.
Same here. I became a Chiefs fan at 9 years old when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV.
It's been one crazy ride to say the least. Here's to a Super Bowl win in year 50!!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:37 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Most memorable moments for me were the first Super Bowl against the Packers and our Super Bowl win over the Vikings, but the 71 Christmas game probably holds the most special place in my memories. I had just returned home from Viet Nam and the whole family was gathered at my brother's house where we all watched the game.
My God, even the Chiefs spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam.
[Reply]
Bump 04:42 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This has me thinking of my most memorable Chiefs related moments. Sadly I’d have a lot more negative moments I’d have to add to the list (Rainman was being generous), but there have been plenty of great moments as well, and maybe one or two in between, like watching DT yank Shannon Sharpe around the field by the face mask on MNF. It should be a no question embarrassing moment seeing your star let a trash talker get to him causing a loss of self control on a national stage. Ultimately Sharpe won that one. Still, I remember sitting there as a kid watching it with a big smile on my face loving that POS loud mouthed donkey asshole getting yanked around like a little bitch.

For all of the misery there have certainly been some enjoyable moments. And as a fan I tell myself that all of miserable moments are going to make the greatest moment that much sweeter should it ever happen. I have more hope than ever that the payoff is REALLY going to happen, and that moment cannot get here soon enough.
Ya that was certainly memorable. I remember Wayne Simmons from that meltdown too and he was the scape goat if I recall correctly? He got cut right after that and DT was suspended a game (memory could be a little off there).

I had the strangest dream about Wayne Simmons and it's kinda creepy. He didn't play very long for us at all, so he shouldn't be very memorable. But years later after he was cut, I just had a random dream about him. In my dream I said "you're wayne simmons! the Chiefs shouldn't have cut you" and he was just nodding his head and smiling. Then I woke up that morning and had my coffee and looked around on the internet, went to ESPN and it said he died in a car wreck, while I was dreaming about him. That weirded me out.
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:42 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
My God, even the Chiefs spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam.
:-) Hey, my mom's roast turkey and dressing, potatoes and gravy, and home made cherry pie had me in too good of a mood to let a Chief's loss ruin the moment.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:53 PM 08-18-2019
Holy shit, you're old.

Something that hit me last week that should have hit me 10 years ago: I almost certainly have fewer years left than I've lived already.

I thought, "wow, that's depressing" and immediately got back on my ps4.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:55 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
:-) Hey, my mom's roast turkey and dressing, potatoes and gravy, and home made cherry pie had me in too good of a mood to let a Chief's loss ruin the moment.
I don’t doubt it. You just survived a war and are home with family for Christmas. A football game isn’t really that important in that moment.

I’ve always struggled remembering what years my dad’s tour was, but I know he has mentioned that game more than once in relation to it and I’m thinking he was in Nam at the time. I could be misremembering and he had just gotten home as well. He was in ‘69-‘70 or ‘70-‘71 I just don’t remember even though I have asked him for clarification on it before. It involves numbers and numbers and I have never gotten along. But whatever it was my old man relates that game to his time in the war as well.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:57 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Ya that was certainly memorable. I remember Wayne Simmons from that meltdown too and he was the scape goat if I recall correctly? He got cut right after that and DT was suspended a game (memory could be a little off there).

I had the strangest dream about Wayne Simmons and it's kinda creepy. He didn't play very long for us at all, so he shouldn't be very memorable. But years later after he was cut, I just had a random dream about him. In my dream I said "you're wayne simmons! the Chiefs shouldn't have cut you" and he was just nodding his head and smiling. Then I woke up that morning and had my coffee and looked around on the internet, went to ESPN and it said he died in a car wreck, while I was dreaming about him. That weirded me out.

Could you dream I receive a no strings attached check in the mail for a million dollars? That’d be great, thanks.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:57 PM 08-18-2019
Same for me. I remember watching the Superbowl we won when I was 9 and instantly became a fan.

Let's celebrate at the end of this season in Miami brother!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up