ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cedric Benson dies in a motorcycle accident
Al Bundy 08:41 AM 08-18-2019

Former #Bears 4th overall pick, RB Cedric Benson, has passed. RIP.

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 18, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 01:04 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Sounded like the van never saw him and pulled out in front.
Driving around Austin is sometimes like being in a scene from Mad Max Fury Road.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:12 PM 08-18-2019
I recall the debate between him and Ronnie Brown in the draft, with some people also advocating for Cadillac Williams. In the end, they're weren't all that different.

I was surprised by their stats, though. Benson squeaked over 6,000 yards rushing and Brown was over 5,000. Williams was slightly over 4,000. I thought they were all three colossal busts, but they all had halfway reasonable production. Of course, Brown was the only guy above 4.0 ypc, and they were all top-five picks, so I think I can still safely call them disappointments.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:14 PM 08-18-2019
Williams got injured early on and was never the same
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:15 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Driving around Austin is sometimes like being in a scene from Mad Max Fury Road.
I can't believe that they allow those lower level entrances onto the highway downtown. I don't know if they still exist, but when I lived there they had several 100-foot entry ramps onto a downtown interstate highway with a concrete wall at the end and a completely blind entrance path. I avoided using those unless I had no choice.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:31 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
That and UT athletes get special treatment in Austin. This town has its priorities all wrong.

No kidding. A few years back the common moniker used to describe UT athlete arrests was Book Em, instead of Hook Em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:32 PM 08-18-2019
Sounded like the van never saw him and pulled out in front.

As fast as people go up and down Mt. Bonnelle, this wouldn’t surprise me at all

[Reply]
SAUTO 01:41 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
As fast as people go up and down Mt. Bonnelle, this wouldn’t surprise me at all

Had a local kid die a couple weeks ago in that exact way.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:12 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That sucks. Motorcycles are just so dangerous and it doesn't help that they attract a certain daring dangerous personality
A cousin of mine died in a motorcycle accident recently. I’m pretty sure he wiped it out himself rather than getting hit by someone.

I hate driving near motorcycles.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:30 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I recall the debate between him and Ronnie Brown in the draft, with some people also advocating for Cadillac Williams. In the end, they're weren't all that different.

I was surprised by their stats, though. Benson squeaked over 6,000 yards rushing and Brown was over 5,000. Williams was slightly over 4,000. I thought they were all three colossal busts, but they all had halfway reasonable production. Of course, Brown was the only guy above 4.0 ypc, and they were all top-five picks, so I think I can still safely call them disappointments.
That draft cost future running backs more than they'll ever know.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:36 PM 08-18-2019
Had a local kid die a couple weeks ago in that exact way.

That’s sad to hear

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:52 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

IN today's game they would all get drafted in the 3rd and 4th round.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:00 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
A cousin of mine died in a motorcycle accident recently. I’m pretty sure he wiped it out himself rather than getting hit by someone.

I hate driving near motorcycles.
Last year one of my cousins and his wife were riding a motorcycle and hit a deer. My cousin survived, but his wife was killed instantly. Both in their 70s, wearing helmets, riding on a country road doing nothing dangerous or stupid.

Had they been in a car, it would have just damaged the car. That's the thing about motorcycles; you can do everything right, but just have no protection if something beyond your control happens.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:03 PM 08-18-2019
As soon as my buddy at work, who is a absolutle deer hunting junky, starts getting giddy about deer each season, I pretty much shut down my riding. Or at least, stop going on early or evening rides.

Deer lose their fucking minds that time of year.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:08 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
As soon as my buddy at work, who is a absolutle deer hunting junky, starts getting giddy about deer each season, I pretty much shut down my riding. Or at least, stop going on early or evening rides.

Deer lose their fucking minds that time of year.
This happened during summer. They don't need to be in season to be menaces. I've never hit one (knock on wood) but had plenty of near misses. They really need to expand the season on those fuckers to cull the population more.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:21 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Last year one of my cousins and his wife were riding a motorcycle and hit a deer. My cousin survived, but his wife was killed instantly. Both in their 70s, wearing helmets, riding on a country road doing nothing dangerous or stupid.

Had they been in a car, it would have just damaged the car. That's the thing about motorcycles; you can do everything right, but just have no protection if something beyond your control happens.
Yeah. This cousin of mine was nearly 70 and he’d been riding all his life. He was on a gravel road so there could have been something like a deer involved or just an unexpected patch of loose gravel. But like you say, mistakes or bad luck carry a big price tag for motorcycle riders.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up