ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Which Chiefs are you taking first in your Fantasy draft?
DTVietnam 09:08 PM 08-09-2019
In my auction draft I will overspend for Mahomes and Hill

but in my snake draft I got the 11th and 14th pick (PPR). . Thinking best RB available at 11 and then either Hill or Mahomes at 14. .

anyone draft yet?. .which Chiefs do you rank highest?

alot of list have this as order of Chiefs:

Kelce (seeing Kelce as a top 10 pick in some Cheat Sheets)
Hill (usually between 13-20)
Williams (mid 20s)
Mahomes (30s or 40s)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:48 AM 08-18-2019
I took Hill top of the second round. Could have had Kelce but it was too early.
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:00 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
so I have pick 11 and 14..the guy picking 12 and 13 wont take Mahomes..so if Mahomes drops..Ill take either Reek or Best available WR or RB at 11 and Mahomes at 14..

by 11 not many good running backs will be available so Im think a WR1 or TE1..then Mahomes for sure at 14. . I know 14 is a reach for a QB but guaranteed 30 points a week

Maybe Gurley or Connor will be available at 11. . if not ill grab Reek
I have pick 11 and 14 also in a 12 man league. We get to keep someone drafted after round 4 from the previous year. I’m keeping Mahomes. I know Connor and Chubb are a couple other keepers. I really wanted Chubb at pick 11:-)

So I’m taking Kelce at pick 11 because I know the top 3 TEs will be gone before I pick again. Then it’s a huge drop off after them. TE was what cost me the championship last year. So at pick 14 I already have a QB and a TE, I originally planned on taking a top WR, but after several mock drafts, there’s not shit left for RB by the time I pick at the end of round 3. WR is WAY deeper. So I have to take a RB at pick 14. There’s not someone there that I’m crazy about, Mixon will be available probably, I’ve never been impressed by him or anyone on the Bengals roster. I don’t know if Gurley will be avail or not, but he cost me the championship last year by not playing, so he can kiss my ass this year.
So he might be a reach at pick 14, but he was my stud last year, and that’s Chris Carson. He’s going to get the rock even more this year! I’m going to try to get Penny a couple rounds later. But I think I’m set in stone with that strategy.
Then go WR WR in round 3&4
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:06 AM 08-18-2019
I hope I can get them all. Snake draft is the hardest though.

1st round: Cheetah
2nd round: Kelce
3rd round: Mahomes
4th round: Williams
5th round: Watkins
6th round: Hardman
7th round: Thompson
8th round: Butker
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:43 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I hope I can get them all. Snake draft is the hardest though.

1st round: Cheetah
2nd round: Kelce
3rd round: Mahomes
4th round: Williams
5th round: Watkins
6th round: Hardman
7th round: Thompson
8th round: Butker
Is this your first time playing?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:49 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Is this your first time playing?

2nd
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:49 AM 08-18-2019
Some dude in my draft took Mahomes like 1.6 or 1.7 or something. Took Hill with his very next pick, then bitched at some other guy who ended up taking Kelce before he could snag him as well lol

Man was all in on the KC offense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:52 AM 08-18-2019
I typically stay away from drafting Chiefs players since the homerism can be blinding, although I did take Hill last season and that worked out well for me. Though, this year the Chiefs were flying off the shelf so I really didn't have an earnest shot at any of our big 3.

I took a flyer on Darwin in the final round this year. Figure he'll help me with a mid-to-late season boost when/if Damien goes down.

Other than that I really only had an opportunity to take Sammy and his injury concerns are just too great. I'm sure he'll be a great flex option for whichever games he does end up playing.
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:58 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I typically stay away from drafting Chiefs players since the homerism can be blinding, although I did take Hill last season and that worked out well for me. Though, this year the Chiefs were flying off the shelf so I really didn't have an earnest shot at any of our big 3.

I took a flyer on Darwin in the final round this year. Figure he'll help me with a mid-to-late season boost when/if Damien goes down.

Other than that I really only had an opportunity to take Sammy and his injury concerns are just too great. I'm sure he'll be a great flex option for whichever games he does end up playing.
I think I’m gonna take a flyer on Thompson in the late rounds, I don’t expect much from him this season fantasy wise, but you never know what could happen and he could be our starter next year and he would be my keeper for next year. He might even be our #2 this year
I’m avoiding Williams. Seems Reid is down on him
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:59 AM 08-18-2019
Some dude in my draft took Mahomes like 1.6 or 1.7 or something. Took Hill with his very next pick, then bitched at some other guy who ended up taking Kelce before he could snag him as well lol

Man was all in on the KC offense.

Mahomes was the #1 QB, Hill was the #1 WR & Kelce was the #1 TE last year. Won my league last year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:09 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Mahomes was the #1 QB, Hill was the #1 WR & Kelce was the #1 TE last year. Won my league last year.
Right, and if that trend continues doubling/tripling up on those points could be an incredible effect. On a down game you're fucked though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:11 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I think I’m gonna take a flyer on Thompson in the late rounds, I don’t expect much from him this season fantasy wise, but you never know what could happen and he could be our starter next year and he would be my keeper for next year. He might even be our #2 this year
I’m avoiding Williams. Seems Reid is down on him
He's a great late pickup regardless of what happens this season. Reid's RBs produce at an elite level, it doesn't matter who gets plugged in there.

IIRC, Dame's got some injury concerns so there's a high likelihood Thompson's workload will spike late in the season.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:15 AM 08-18-2019
I had Kelce or Hill targeted for the 2nd round(I was 2:4) I took D Adams first and both Kelce and Hill were gone on my 2nd pick so I took Chubb.Didn't end up with one KC player this season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:25 AM 08-18-2019
Right, and if that trend continues doubling/tripling up on those points could be an incredible effect. On a down game you're fucked though.
There were no down games last year for this offense.

Maaaaybe you count Baltimore.

That's about it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:33 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
my wife picked Mahmomes last year in like the 3rd...everyone made fun of her in draft chat etc.

he took her all the way for a FF Championship. lol

Don't think he'll last til the 3rd in the league this year though.
Nope. He is such a talented anomaly as a QB thus putting himself in that "true exception to the rule" category(never draft a QB until rds 6-8) that he will go in the 1st rd in most drafts as he should be especially when the scoring favors it(bonus pts for passing yardage, fractional points awarded for so many completions).

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I mean, she wasn't wrong, but she could have waited a few rounds.
Not this year!:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:52 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There were no down games last year for this offense.

Maaaaybe you count Baltimore.

That's about it.
If we're speaking purely fantasy, Jacksonville was definitely a down game. Mahomes didn't throw a TD, Hill only had like 60 yards or something, and I don't remember Kelce doing much.

Either way, you've got to expect that train to end at some point. Or maybe just a game when the running game carries us or one of the other receiving threats has a big day that eats into Hill and Kelce's numbers.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up