ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fangio: "Drew Lock is a hard-throwing pitcher who doesn't know how to pitch yet."
RealSNR 08:52 PM 07-20-2019
I mean, he's not wrong. I kind of like how brutally honest he is.

Just a friendly reminder for draft media pundits to stop with the notion that any of these Drew Lock/Josh Allen/Chad Kelly hard-throwing morons are Patrick Mahomes. A: Patrick Mahomes STILL has a superior arm over all of them, and B: You need way more than just a hard-throwing arm in order to be Patrick Mahomes. Waaaaaaay more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...uarterback-yet

Originally Posted by :
When Drew Lock fell out of the first round and into the Denver Broncos' lap at No. 42 in the 2019 NFL Draft, the quarterback was deemed a steal. A first-round arm talent and potential starter on a second-round rookie contract? Sign us up, the Broncos probably screamed in their draft room.

But just two days into training camp practice, Broncos coach Vic Fangio threw cold water on the notion that Lock was ready to play in a professional football game, much less take Joe Flacco's starting job in Denver.

Lock's lively but wild arm, Fangio told reporters Friday, needs to be tempered.

"I think a quarterback that can change his arm angles is a position when it's needed. You don't want to do it when you don't have to do it. Obviously if someone's in my face and I have to do it, that's good to have that talent," Fangio explained. "But if I'm strong in the pocket and there's nothing, I want to throw over the top, nice and strong. I don't want to rely on side-arms. It's good that he can do that, but he needs to use that when he needs to and not when he doesn't need to. His college offense really had no carryover to pro offenses. He was under duress a lot in college, so a lot of his plays he was running around.

"I don't think he's far along as far as being as NFL-ready a quarterback as he could've been. That's what I mean when I say he's got to get ready. He's not a quarterback yet -- he's a hard-throwing pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet. The faster he gets that, the better off he'll be and we'll be."

Like a 21st-century gridiron version of Ricky Vaughn, Lock has arm velocity and strength, but doesn't yet boast the touch and accuracy of a professional gunslinger. This was the rub on Lock coming out of Missouri, though that didn't keep the Broncos reportedly considering Lock the top quarterback on their board.

Perhaps Denver felt confident taking a chance on the boom-or-bust Lock because it had traded for the veteran Flacco, a safe and steady Super Bowl-winning signal-caller who can mentor (or not mentor) Lock through his rookie season.

If Fangio's honest commentary on Friday means anything, though, the Broncos are not going to be as gung-ho about pushing Lock into a starting position.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:01 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think this is exactly what Lock needs, tbh. Now the question becomes how willing is Flacco going to be to show the kid the ropes of the NFL?
Very little IMHO.

Think about it from Flacco's perspective. He was replaced by a rookie QB whose only talent is running, who can't throw, who can't read defenses, and will soon be obsolete in a few years either to injury(runs too much) or just another QB body in the massive casualty pile of physically talented QBs who refused to be a student of the game because either lack of passion or intelligence or both that DCs have eaten up over the years.

Flacco signs with the donks before the draft only to watch this happen again with a high round QB pick. And based on a lot his interviews out here that I have seen from Flacco I don't think he is going to be wanting to do much mentoring or having an apprentice at his side like the Smith/Mahomes situation. He does not want to lose his job AGAIN. But who knows?:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 PM 07-21-2019
Drew Lock threw such a terrible pass that the Donkey’s kicker standing on the sideline caught it and returned it for a pick 6.

Garett Bolles sacking his own QB and Lock getting pick 6’d by the kicker. You can’t make this shit up :-)

FOLKS it's time to start discussing kicker Brandon McManus(@thekidmcmanus) moving to safety������

Just an unreal kicker-pick-six������*♂️#Broncos #BroncosCamp #BroncosCountry @CBSDenver pic.twitter.com/I3YcxvE2Yi

— Ryan Greene �� (@RyanCBS4) July 21, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 09:38 PM 07-21-2019
:-)

"There it is...there it is!" then proceeds to throw the ball 20 feet over the guy's head.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:47 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
There's no shining a muTT turd. They're just born to suck ass. Poor coaching and all too...

Can't wait to watch him fail.
Were you one of the no-football-knowing assholes saying he'd never play on Sundays? :-)

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:53 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Drew Lock threw such a terrible pass that the Donkey’s kicker standing on the sideline caught it and returned it for a pick 6.

Garett Bolles sacking his own QB and Lock getting pick 6’d by the kicker. You can’t make this shit up :-)

Not in my wildest dreams could I have ever made this up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 PM 07-21-2019
Oh yeah. And Fuck Donk Forever.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:55 PM 07-21-2019
Somebody needs to troll the mange with this thread
[Reply]
RunKC 03:35 PM 07-22-2019
If Lock is on the field this year, it’s going to be a disaster

"Drew Lock just had a TERRIBLE practice... Joe Flacco is about 16 miles ahead of Drew Lock right now"@peter_king on the two Broncos practices he watched, the first leg of his tour.

Plus talks up importance of DEN's TEs: https://t.co/9S7pcRHWN6

— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) July 22, 2019

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 03:38 PM 07-22-2019
Good. I won't have to listen to friends weighing in on an imagined quarterback controversy when Flacco Flaccos it up out there.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:39 PM 07-22-2019
As a chiefs fan I'm very excited at what the Broncos are doing at QB.

I mean... Elway is TRYING to fix the QB position. I can give him credit for that. I guess.

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:39 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Everyone said the same about Pat. Media sucks with their shit opinions.
Reid never said that about Mahomes, like Fagio is here.
[Reply]
TEX 03:44 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Good. I won't have to listen to friends weighing in on an imagined quarterback controversy when Flacco Flaccos it up out there.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 04:39 PM 07-22-2019

There's a reason that tiger trash did the Geno Smith shuffle right out of the first round. Such a relief that we don't have to worry about competent qb play anytime soon.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:28 PM 07-22-2019

It’s almost as if Horseface’s penchant for tall, big armed, inaccurate QBs is ill advised.....
[Reply]
RunKC 08:35 AM 08-02-2019
Scouting report was so accurate on this guy

Weaknesses
-Frustrating inconsistencies with accuracy and touch

-Leaves ball behind his targets on crossers and slants

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up