ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 63
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:59 AM 07-17-2019
We have two lane roundabouts, 35 all total where I live. They have signs at the entrance to let you know what each lane can do. Basically you treat it like a 4-way stop.

Two lanes approach, the right lane can go to the first or second exit. The left lane can go to the second or third exit. If everyone did this, there would never be a problem. However, those who don't know how to read signs, new people. They'll get in the right lane and want to go to the third exit, so they'll drive real slow all the way around the outside lane, not knowing they may get t-boned by a car on the inside lane at the second exit, and it will be their fault. Just remember, a 4-way stop, you wouldn't turn left from the right lane.

Here's one, some have a bypass lane for those going straight and no need to enter the roundabout. We also have 73,000 privately owned golf carts. The Villages is 153,000 people now in an area of 32 square miles. Most golf cart paths will cross the entrance roads just before the roundabout, so you have this to navigate as well. For a community with the average age of 70, it's fun to drive here.

[Reply]
MahiMike 06:42 PM 07-17-2019
Just arrived today.
Attached: il_570xN.594740230_pvsf.jpg (41.4 KB) 
[Reply]
chinaski 07:46 PM 07-17-2019
Camera - Fuji X-Cams - Use them at work daily, use them for fun occasionally. X-Pro-1 and X-E1 bodies, smattering of lenses. They are digital cameras, but they function much more like old school film cameras. Love them.

Camera Bags - Billingham, England. Enough Said.

Binoculars - I use Canon Image Stabilizing Binoculars every day at work, and they are WONDERFUL. If you don't need that, I love the Redfield Bincoculars I purchased a few years ago, wonderful optical clarity.

Wristwatch - Tudor Black Bay Steel - Fantastic wristwatch. COSC Chronometer rated, In-House Movement, Excellent Bracelet. It's a daily tool, not cheap, but has served me very well for the last few years. I recently started a thread on the Omega Speedmaster my wife purchased for me for our 11th Anniversary. I love that watch, I have been wearing it ever since I got it, but the Tudor is a great do it all tool watch.

Wallet - Maxpedition Spartan. Legit.

Firearms - The new Smith and Wesson 586 Classic is a very nice revolver. It has the "Hillary Hole", but the bluing and action are still very good. I am also partial to my HK USP 9. As far as scopes, I have owned Leupold, Nightforce, Bushnell and SWFA. I have bought and sold stuff, but my current stuff is sporting Leupold and SWFA optics.

Fishing Rods - Fenwick. You can get a great rod for around $100.00.

Fishing Reels - Shimano Calcutta. Enough Said.

Wrenches - SK. You can still buy SK stuff online, and their long pattern wrenches are fantastic and comfortable to use, without the Snap On Price.

Ratchets - Cornwell USA. EXTREMELY UNDERRATED!

Pocket Knives - Spyderco. I have a few Benchmade's and Kershaw's. I still love my Spyderco the best. For fixed blade knives, I love my Randall's.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:46 AM 07-18-2019
I’ve been reading the title of this thread wrong for a long time. I never opened it because I thought it was a crazy concept to pay for a “podcast” when there are so many free ones out there.
[Reply]
wutamess 07:09 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I have another product to list.

I have been buzzing my hair short for years. It was annoying paying the barber $15 for a three minute haircut so i experimented with different ways to cut my own hair. I had a couple of different trimmers that worked okay but the comb depth was always a bit iffy and they weren't all that sharp. I also tried a clipper set from WalMart (a Wahl set, iirc). It also wasn't very sharp and would pull my hair sometimes and leave longer hairs all over.

I finally decided to try to get a barber quality clipper set and settled on Oster Fast Feed. It could be argued that it's maybe a small step below what a barber would use but it's only cutting my hair once every two to three weeks so it's fine for that. It does a great job and buzzes my hair quickly and cleanly. It's 60 bucks but paid for itself after four cuts.

The one downside is that the combs that come with it suck. They fit loosely and there is no #1 comb. A lot of reviewers recommended the Andis magnetic comb set so I tried those. For some reason, their purple but they clip on and are held in place by strong magnets and don't move around at all. Well worth the extra cost.

I have the Andis Masters clippers and this purple set of guards. Love the gaurds as they're well made and sturdy with really strong magnets.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:21 AM 07-18-2019
When I was a kid my dad would take to the barber and get a buzz cut. After I got out of the Army in '72, I've been cutting my own hair and for the most part, it's not that difficult. Of course in the 70's and 80's long hair was the style. Nowadays I keep it normal length and I've never had to use the professional style trimmers. I found by doing a small amount of touch-up every few days, it stays about the same and a beard and mustache trimmer is all you need. My latest is this Remington I bought at Walmart for about $30 probably 7 years ago. I leave it plugged it, it's rechargeable.

[Reply]
HemiEd 05:38 PM 07-20-2019
"Meater"

I didn't buy it, got it for Fathers day and left it in the drawer ignored for almost two months.

I already had a meat temp system for smoking that I have had at least 10 years and didn't see the value in this "meater" just like new dual systme my wife gave me for Christmas that I have ignored, still.

I decided to try "meater" on my ribeye steaks a week ago, amazing. Wife's med rare was perfect and so was my medium. Had ribeyes again tonight, same result, perfection.

No guesswork in steak perfection any longer!
[Reply]
DaFace 04:18 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I jump around the clock for my job from time to time and can find myself sleeping in the daytime. I bought one of these and I couldn't tell you what time of the day it is when I put it on -

Comfortable as can be, adjustable, and the foam fittings for your eyes can be moved to fit your face. It's been a great purchase, but definitely not something I ever thought I'd brag about.

https://mantasleep.com/
In case anyone's in the market for one of these, you can get a BOGO free on Amazon by "chatting" with their bot on Facebook to get a code. I grabbed one on Bowser's recommendation and have been thrilled with it.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:26 PM 10-18-2019

[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In case anyone's in the market for one of these, you can get a BOGO free on Amazon by "chatting" with their bot on Facebook to get a code. I grabbed one on Bowser's recommendation and have been thrilled with it.

Glad it worked out for you!

I said it earlier in this thread, but if any of you work off hours jobs, this mask is just the best to help get some sleep when the sun is up. Very comfortable and gives you total blackout. And no, I do not work for Manta, lol.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:20 AM 05-06-2020
What else do you guys got? Anything cool we can't live without?

Anyone purchase the lawnmower manscaper shaver that i see advertised on youtube all the time? Seems like a group of people that regularly shaves their balls.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:21 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:

Anyone purchase the lawnmower manscaper shaver that i see advertised on youtube all the time? Seems like a group of people that regularly shaves their balls.
I got the crisplid for the instant pot, didn't want to take up the real estate for an airfryer in addition to all my gadgets so this works well.

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy-crisplid
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:35 AM 05-06-2020
The flesh light. It does it’s job and doesn’t still blame you for shit that happened two years ago.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:41 AM 05-06-2020
Shower mount for my fleshlight
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:

https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-5-1-Sur...8789089&sr=8-3

The most awesome wireless surround shit I've ever owned.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 63
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up