ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 301
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:19 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Gonna be interesting to see how they juggle lineups once Mondesi comes back. Going to be a lot of guys we all want to see get ABs every day and not enough room to play them all.

I don’t need to see Humberto Arteaga get any more ABs, ever.

Dozier-Mondesi-Lopez-oHearn
Gordon/Starling, Merrifield, Phillips
Soler DH
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:33 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Gonna be interesting to see how they juggle lineups once Mondesi comes back. Going to be a lot of guys we all want to see get ABs every day and not enough room to play them all.

Adalberto Mondesi will report to Omaha today to start a rehab assignment. He will begin playing with Omaha tomorrow.— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) August 19, 2019

Whit
Mondesi
Dozier
Soler
Cuthbert
Phillips
Starling
Dini
Lopez
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:48 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This dude currently has a 0.52 ERA in 35 innings.

What about Vinnie Pasquantino? He's having early hitting success. We need some diamond in the rough guy to be able to hit, because it's pretty bleak down there offensively.

Pasquantino looks like a legit find. He made some changes as a jr after a bad cape cod season and seems to have unlocked his power stroke.

I’m still a believer in Isbel, too. He’s struggling at Wilmington, but lots of guys do (and he had the hamate procedure earlier this year, which as we discussed, usually affects hitters).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:56 PM 08-19-2019
There is some Australian pitcher that they were raving about on the radio pregame show the other day.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:04 PM 08-19-2019
Keep fucking doubting Nick Dini
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:10 PM 08-19-2019
These could legitimately be very important games for our future.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:13 PM 08-19-2019
Got the win on Ned's birthday
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:36 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We’ll see on that. TINSTAPP is a thing for a reason. His success is really exciting.

I could see some Cole Hamels-type max outcomes for him. The deception plays his stuff up, and if his curve is on he’s really tough.

John Lamb was the last guy who dominated Wilmington and Lexington to this level (though Bubic is even better), and he also was a lefty with a great FB-CH command profile. Then he blew out his elbow, slacked on his rehab, and never made it back all the way.
Any chance they promote him to AA this year? They should get him on the same track as Singer and Kowar.

How high do you think Bubic will get on the top 100 lists this offseason? He just seems to be alot more dominant than both of those guys.
[Reply]
tk13 08:48 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Any chance they promote him to AA this year? They should get him on the same track as Singer and Kowar.

How high do you think Bubic will get on the top 100 lists this offseason? He just seems to be alot more dominant than both of those guys.
Duncan could give a better scouting report but I believe Bubic might not be rated quite as highly as those other guys because he throws low 90s. Doesn't mean he can't end up being a better pitcher though. He's certainly been dominant so far. There's such an emphasis on pure power these days.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:49 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

It’s possible, I guess. But Wilmington is going to be in the playoffs and I don’t think NWA will. They may value the playoff experience and extended season over pushing him to AA to start 2020.

I think Bubic will be in the back half of the top 100 lists and maybe left out of Baseball Pro’s list because the velocity and breaking ball aren’t blow always.

His fastball sits 92-93, which needs to be commanded well to succeed in the majors. He’s deceptive, though, which helps that play up, and has a plus-plus changeup, which plays it up more.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:34 AM 08-20-2019
Almost time to pull the plug on Cheslor too. 0-34 slump, simply cannot have that and esp from a corner IF. Nice knowing ya.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:36 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Almost time to pull the plug on Cheslor too. 0-34 slump, simply cannot have that and esp from a corner IF. Nice knowing ya.

Yeah. His success was babip driven, just evening out now.

Dozier has negative defensive grades at 3B and in the OF. Might be best served rolling with him at 1B long-term unless he makes big strides in the OF before next year
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:44 PM 08-20-2019

Dozier has negative defensive grades at 3B and in the OF. Might be best served rolling with him at 1B long-term unless he makes big strides in the OF before next year
1B is where I see Dozier at long term. I also see Witt, Jr settling into 3rd in the future.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:57 PM 08-20-2019

Dozier looks great at 3B, I don’t get his metrics. The gap between them is about as large as I can remember from a Royal. As usual I defer to the metrics over my lying eyes, but as he showed last night he’s a damn good athlete for his size.....shuffles well.....I don’t get it
[Reply]
DanT 06:40 PM 08-20-2019
Great play by Bubba Starling, robbing an extra-base hit from Santander with two runners on.
[Reply]
Page 224 of 301
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274 > Last »
Up