« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Browns sign Kareem Hunt
wazu 12:59 PM 02-11-2019

Statement from GM John Dorsey: pic.twitter.com/TUgoBalvkg

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All I can say for moves in Cleveland is since Dorsey was hired here some 6 years ago no GM has drafted more pro bowl players than he has.

Dude knows talent above all else.
We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

Wasn’t he our scout that covered the SEC region when we drafted Chris Jones?

Dorsey is a really good scout, but I think Veach is too.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Haslem has a zero percent chance of taking a back seat long term.

He doesn’t have Flying J to mismanage/commit felonies with anymore.
Then Dorsey's 1st contract with the Browns might be his last.
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
The Chiefs approached him multiple times about the incident and he said nothing happened. The video comes out and these other incidents come out.

The Chiefs didn't trust him anymore. End of his tenure. Sure it sucks.
[Reply]
Monty 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it would have been more about the run game consistency when the offense was struggling, Hunt is much better at making something out of nothing.
Yep

Err, yip :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
yup, being from Ohio, might just be what he needed.
Haven't his incidents been in Ohio?

Seems like that's the last place he needs to be.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
No, you don't get it. The organization should have addressed this last spring when all the rumors were fresh about this incident. The organization was lazy and relied heavily on Cleveland PD's lack of pressing charges as an out in case something came up later. This all falls back on the organization. Sure, Khunt is just an RB( a damn good one at that i.e. NFL Rushing Leader), but there's team chemistry, motivation from a teammate, etc. going on here. The decision to release Khunt was short-sighted, irresponsible, and an easy way out. There were a thousand other ways to deal with this and the organization chose method 1,001.

But sure, he lied. That's wrong. We all get that.

But do you think for one second that the Pats would have released him like the Chiefs did? Or any other team in contention? I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended at all for what he did both in actions and by lying, but someone needed to jump in and help the kid out last spring(or before). There's no way that anyone who was close to him didn't see this coming. What a waste.
No the Chiefs were trying to get the tape to find out for themselves, but the NFL made them back off. Just another example of Goodell making the wrong decision at EVERY turn. Chiefs should have told goodell to suck one and kept trying to get the tape tho
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:58 PM 02-11-2019
Exactly as I said. He would be signed next to immediately because many teams in this league want to actually win.

Cleveland will be a thorn in our side.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

Wasn’t he our scout that covered the SEC region when we drafted Chris Jones?

Dorsey is a really good scout, but I think Veach is too.
If you want to go down that rabbit hole then apparently no GM really deserves any credit.

I'll give them the credit for the guys that were picked on their watch, that's the best way to do it.

You realize in Dorseys time with the Chiefs they drafted 13 pro bowl players? That's pretty insane.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:00 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs approached him multiple times about the incident and he said nothing happened. The video comes out and these other incidents come out.

The Browns don't GAF. They want to win and are making moves to ensure that they do. The Chiefs are giving away assets to help ensure that happens.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 02-11-2019
Yes, the Chiefs don't actually want to win as bad as...checks notes... the browns do.

For fucks sake.
[Reply]
Monty 02:01 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

And yes, it really sucks. This is one of those Because Chiefs moments for sure.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:01 PM 02-11-2019
Would Hunt have even been allowed to play even if we didn't cut him? There's no point talking about what would've happened with him against NE.
[Reply]
srvy 02:01 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
No, you don't get it. The organization should have addressed this last spring when all the rumors were fresh about this incident. The organization was lazy and relied heavily on Cleveland PD's lack of pressing charges as an out in case something came up later. This all falls back on the organization. Sure, Khunt is just an RB( a damn good one at that i.e. NFL Rushing Leader), but there's team chemistry, motivation from a teammate, etc. going on here. The decision to release Khunt was short-sighted, irresponsible, and an easy way out. There were a thousand other ways to deal with this and the organization chose method 1,001.

But sure, he lied. That's wrong. We all get that.

But do you think for one second that the Pats would have released him like the Chiefs did? Or any other team in contention? I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended at all for what he did both in actions and by lying, but someone needed to jump in and help the kid out last spring(or before). There's no way that anyone who was close to him didn't see this coming. What a waste.
Hard to say it all happened at the exact wrong time with the SJW thing going on. Even the slimeballs in NE wouldn't have stood up against the wrath of pissed off women.
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Browns don't GAF. They want to win and are making moves to ensure that they do. The Chiefs are giving away assets to help ensure that happens.
You're right. The Chiefs colluding to make the Browns successful.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 02-11-2019
Kareem has elite balance and vision. Heck, watch the highlight videos and his blocking in really good as well.

Wish the Chiefs had a back with those attributes.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 51
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up