ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 54
« First < 404647484950 51525354 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:29 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Classic film. RIP Leslie.

That post furthers my confidence.
Movie biz ain't what it used to be in the golden age of comedy.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 05:31 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The officiating worries me worse than the Colts...by far.

[Reply]
Rivaldo 05:42 PM 01-08-2019
Much like the war in neighboring Vietnam burst Cambodia's borders, so has a simple panel discussion about an upcoming football game exploded into the realm of conspiracy for BlackOp.

Panelists discussing the strengths and weaknesses of 2 competing rosters couldn't alone, without betrayal produce disagreement. That too needs to be manufactured.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:38 PM 01-08-2019

[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:48 PM 01-08-2019
By now we have all seen the poor quality of QBs the Colts have played. But here is a fun stat.

The Colts passer rating against is 91.5. The Chiefs is 92.7. We will finally see what it would look like if Mahomes was passing against our defense and it’s going to be a surgical destruction.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 07:06 PM 01-08-2019
surgery with no anesthesia, feel the 75-yard bomb pierce you intensely!
[Reply]
EyePod 08:01 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only reason there's any pressure on the Chiefs is because of the home playoff history. And honestly, that's just the fans. The team isn't thinking about it considering many of them weren't even here when they happened. Heck, Mahomes wasn't even BORN when they choked against the Colts the first time.

If it weren't for that, the Chiefs too are playing with house money. Given how everything has played out, it's obvious that even the coaching staff thought this was going to be a learning year for Mahomes. He's WAY ahead of schedule, which means all the pressure is off. He's 23. This isn't your typical #1 seed.
Eh, I could see us with eyes on the SB and tripping. That's my biggest worry. But we've prepped well for every team, so I don't see Andy losing sight of the rib in front of him knowing there's another plate coming from this all you can eat.
[Reply]
EyePod 08:07 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It still wouldn't have put them at the 1 yard line with :08 seconds left....so no, it didn't even out. I left out the insane red-zone DH on Sorenson (3rd down) for brevity..but that amounted to a 4 point swing. It was even worse than the final PI call..which is saying something.

Refs cost KC the Chargers game...100%.
The sorenson one was definitely awful.

As to the hit to Rivers, I can't remember which incomplete pass that was. Looking at the game book there was either 1:18 left (would have brought them to the 21 yard line) or the one at 0:39 which would have been half the distance to the goal.

I'm not saying the refs didn't help the chargers substantially, but we gave the chargers the ball with 2:37 left on their own 40, 2 time outs, right after fucking up a drive right before that.
[Reply]
EyePod 08:08 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
He needs to not throw any INT's due to jitters. He'll have them. We've seen them.
FYI Mahomes threw 5 INTs in the Pats and Rams games and only 1 in the other 4 primetime games. He also threw 10 TDs in the same two games vs. 10 in the remaining 4.
[Reply]
EyePod 08:14 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
By now we have all seen the poor quality of QBs the Colts have played. But here is a fun stat.

The Colts passer rating against is 91.5. The Chiefs is 92.7. We will finally see what it would look like if Mahomes was passing against our defense and it’s going to be a surgical destruction.
This is an interesting point - our losses have been against Brady, Rivers, Wilson, and Goff.

Luck is in the Brady/Goff realm for sure, but still a step behind Rivers this year. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
[Reply]
Oxford 08:26 PM 01-08-2019
In looking at Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Colts/Texans, he shows that the Colts played their safeties deep and they back pedaled at the snap to stop the deep ball (a Tampa 2).

Since its a zone, they will close and tackle rather than contest, and as the field shrinks they will have to cover less and less. The Colts have not been good against TE's this year, but how can you beat this deep? Run against it? If the safety's never close to the line, then play action would only work to freeze the LB's.

I'm curious... any OC's out there?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:29 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Oxford:
In looking at Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Colts/Texans, he shows that the Colts played their safeties deep and they back pedaled at the snap to stop the deep ball (a Tampa 2).

Since its a zone, they will close and tackle rather than contest, and as the field shrinks they will have to cover less and less. The Colts have not been good against TE's this year, but how can you beat this deep? Run against it? If the safety's never close to the line, then play action would only work to freeze the LB's.

It will require patience from Mahomes and Reid, but with the guys KC has at playmaker positions, the Colts will have the challenge of tackling them in the open field a lot. Also, the intermediate parts of the field can be extremely vulnerable. It’ll be pretty easy for Reid to scheme up holes in their zones.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:35 PM 01-08-2019

[Reply]
tk13 08:48 PM 01-08-2019

For teams with poor pass rushes, it'll probably become a pretty common thing for us to see over the next few years. It's literally what most people did to Peyton Manning for years. You just completely take away the deep stuff and force him to work his way down the field, mix up your looks and hope he tries to get greedy. It requires Mahomes to be disciplined. Of course it requires the defense to be disciplined in their zones too, which isn't always easy.

It's why it always took a defense like the Patriots to stop him. They were well coached and disciplined. But notice as Manning got older and more mature he seemed to have more success against them.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 09:21 PM 01-08-2019

The seam should theoretically be open. Go watch the raiders against us, mind you Patrick will have to pick his shots. I think the chiefs tend to use a bunch of high low concepts with slot posts etc to beat zone - so i think youll see a lot of that. Kelce is so good at finding the spaces in zones and sitting down, so you will probably see a lot of that too.

I think the best thing about the Patrick and Hill connection is that the defense can be playing deep and still get beaten over the top. I think all up Patrick and Reid are licking their lips at the prospect of utilizing slow developing routes with crossers to take away the safteys. Especially with a poor pass rush, colts will have to mix it up or theyll be picked apart.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 54
« First < 404647484950 51525354 >
Up