ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:07 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sweet God, her voice is incredibly annoying. How have I missed that in the past?
I've seen the preview a couple times now, and I don't have a problem with her voice.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:26 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Feige has said that Captain Marvel will be the leading figure in the next phase.

They want her to have Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man popularity
Meh. I'll give it a shot. Marvel has earned some rope to hang themselves with.

If it ends up sucking, whatever. There is a lot of good media out there to consume now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:06 PM 01-09-2019
I think it looks awesome so far. Getting the same vibe I felt before Wonder Woman, but I think this'll be better
[Reply]
Jodi's Bareback 05:23 PM 01-09-2019
Feige has said that Captain Marvel will be the leading figure in the next phase.

No one will ever match the popularity of RDJ.

Especially not bland Brie Larson.

They need to either make Black Panther the face of the MCU or Deadpool.
[Reply]
Jodi's Bareback 05:44 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
all fads die eventually.

take solace in the fact you witnessed a rare opportunity. its like being alive when the star wars trilogy was good. :-) :-)
Dont even get me started on that force is female joke of a movie franchise.

If DC would consistently put out good movies they could definitely dethrone the new Marvel and keep the genre alive.
[Reply]
Jodi's Bareback 05:52 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Well, good luck with that I guess. Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man popularity was because Iron Man is a fun character and he ****ing killed it in that role.

Can Captain Marvel replicate that? I highly doubt it. But I bet they will blame the audience if it fails to do well.
They'll just blame toxic masculinity.
[Reply]
Jamie 06:34 PM 01-09-2019
...in a video only shown at an industry convention, trying to sell the movie to European exhibitors.

I mean, I don't doubt they intend to feature her, but they're not going to force it to their own detriment. I feel like I come on here and say this every couple months, but the driving force of these decisions isn't SJWism, it's money. Wonder Woman made money. Black Panther made a shitload of money. The market is dictating that diversity sells.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:51 PM 01-09-2019
Guys, can we just wait and see on this before declaring Marvel's doom?

Many voiced the same fears about Black Panther, too.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:16 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
...in a video only shown at an industry convention, trying to sell the movie to European exhibitors.

I mean, I don't doubt they intend to feature her, but they're not going to force it to their own detriment. I feel like I come on here and say this every couple months, but the driving force of these decisions isn't SJWism, it's money. Wonder Woman made money. Black Panther made a shitload of money. The market is dictating that diversity sells.
From want I understand she'll be as or even more powerful in comparison to the comics.

Unlike every other MCU hero who are less powerful to their comic counterpart in an attempt to humanize them so they can be more relatable.
[Reply]
Jodi's Bareback 08:11 PM 01-09-2019
From want I understand she'll be as or even more powerful in comparison to the comics.

Unlike every other MCU hero who are less powerful to their comic counterpart in an attempt to humanize them so they can be more relatable.
Mary Sue

A type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.
[Reply]
007 11:45 PM 01-09-2019

Ok so from fun loving billionaire philanthropist that grew a conscious to a brooding young woman. Based on the previews, I see nothing fun about her character at all that would draw me in to care.

I hope this movie is better than I expect because I'm just not seeing her as the leader of the Avengers.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:01 AM 01-10-2019
Is Chris Hemsworth also done after End Game?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:13 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Is Chris Hemsworth also done after End Game?
Rumors are he's open for more - but Marvel's kept a tight lid on all of the main cast's future outside of Chris Evans.

One of the biggest twists at this point would be if Cap survives
[Reply]
bowener 02:53 PM 01-10-2019
Nobody cares about my opinion, but I would love for live action comic films to die already.

Into the Spiderverse was incredible and I hope that is the direction future comic films move toward. Not necessarily the same animation style or the humor, but into a medium that is freer to do the things that comics can do.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:45 AM 01-15-2019
Miss Marvel seems lukewarm to me.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 57
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up