ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 48
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Setsuna 05:28 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
How can anyone not like the sequel trilogy? ****. What an amazing scene this was.

Never saw it. Won't ever see it. :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 06-22-2019
Maybe JJ was original this time.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...zPE8UjuF74-m5M

Originally Posted by :
The actress recently revealed that, while her role in the film is minimal and the film itself hasn't been completed, reading the script inspired a powerful emotional reaction in her.

“When I read his script that he wrote I cried,” Russell shared with The Associated Press. “I mean who knows what it will turn out to be and I hope it remains true to what he originally wanted.”

With The Rise of Skywalker being that much further removed from the original trilogy, there are many avenues that Abrams could explore, but Russell assures that the story honors the legacy of the series.

“He’s not trying to change it to be something else,” the actress admitted. “He really respects what it is.”

[Reply]
bowener 04:09 PM 06-25-2019
Maybe JJ was original this time.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...zPE8UjuF74-m5M
So JJ is just going to ripoff Return of the Jedi? That is my guess.
[Reply]
Holy Hat 01:28 PM 06-28-2019
Whatever happens, the whole thing was ruined for me when they killed off Han, named Han's son Ben instead of Luke's, made Luke a grumpy old man that somehow doesn't give a damn about anything now that he's older, and made Rey basically learn expert-tier force tactics in the span of a few days, with no training whatsoever. Also, I've heard rumors of Lando being revealed as bisexual. I guess that helps explain his dashing cape. But what else does it really do for the character? I mean, I guess it doubles his odds of getting laid. But aside from that...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:51 PM 06-28-2019
You can't fix the slop of 7 and 8 without making 9 an absolute and complete caricature of itself.
[Reply]
notorious 04:28 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Holy Hat:
Whatever happens, the whole thing was ruined for me when they killed off Han, named Han's son Ben instead of Luke's, made Luke a grumpy old man that somehow doesn't give a damn about anything now that he's older, and made Rey basically learn expert-tier force tactics in the span of a few days, with no training whatsoever. Also, I've heard rumors of Lando being revealed as bisexual. I guess that helps explain his dashing cape. But what else does it really do for the character? I mean, I guess it doubles his odds of getting laid. But aside from that...
Han loves robots. I guess that makes him a binary sexual?
[Reply]
Sorry 05:19 PM 06-28-2019
They should've never rebooted the franchise, but I get it major money. They should have ended the Skywalker saga and took it from a siths POV until the last movie
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:48 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Han loves robots. I guess that makes him a binary sexual?
What does Star wars fan call his favorite prostitute during oral sex?

Load lifter.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:53 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What does Star wars fan call his favorite prostitute during oral sex?

Load lifter.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:36 PM 06-28-2019
:-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:15 PM 06-28-2019
They're going to abolish the jedi (luke will be the last Jedi) and Rey is going to start a new force order/religion called Skywalker and they will be called skywalkers.

*cue music*

There, I saved you two hours.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:19 PM 06-28-2019
How can anyone not like the sequel trilogy? ****. What an amazing scene this was.

Because it's written very poorly.

It wasn't a visual disaster.

Star wars movies always LOOK good.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:21 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I've never cared less for Star wars characters in my life. That's how poorly written this new cast is. And when you have to go and dig palpatine up from the grave? I mean come on...
But what about all the amazing character growth from Rey?

She went from being good at everything to being good at everything. It was REALLY DEEP and engaging. I'm riveted that she might continue to succeed at everything she tries. Who needs a character archtype when you can just create someone who flatly goes through the story being dragged along by a less than engaging plot.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:25 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
They're going to abolish the jedi (luke will be the last Jedi) and Rey is going to start a new force order/religion called Skywalker and they will be called skywalkers.

*cue music*

There, I saved you two hours.
Is it possible to die from simultaneous pants pissing laughter AND vomiting? Stay tuned to find out!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:10 PM 07-01-2019
It is quite astounding how badly they mismanaged Star Wars. They had the perfect opportunity. The fan base was ready for a fresh start and they completely squandered every ounce of good will.

All they needed was one more adventure with the old gang to set the tone and it was all hyperspace. However, agendas were pushed instead of story arcs.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 48
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up