ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mahomes' NFL comparison.
Direckshun 10:22 AM 03-10-2017
Tribusky reminds me of Pennington/Alex Smith.
Kizer reminds of me Josh Freeman.
Watson reminds me of Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is tougher...

I think Mahomes' floor is Geno Smith. Anybody have a good comparison for what his ceiling is?
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:18 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:

I am actively hoping that KC drafts Nate Peterman on day 2.
I like Peterman as well

My darkhorse is Joshua Dobbs ...Aerospace Engineering major, dual threat, good arm....needs mechanics fixed

My "Chiefs Pick" is Cooper Rush... just seems like a Dorsey/Reid pick that'd have everyone on a "WTF?" trip.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:28 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I like Peterman as well

My darkhorse is Joshua Dobbs ...Aerospace Engineering major, dual threat, good arm....needs mechanics fixed

My "Chiefs Pick" is Cooper Rush... just seems like a Dorsey/Reid pick that'd have everyone on a "WTF?" trip.
Yeah, I mean.. in what I saw of him, he did have a similar Alex-type of play (2012-on). That's just so far, though.. and he was doing what was asked of him. Dude's young, and doesn't suffer from the same horrid environments that Smith did in his early years.

It's like having a young, cheap Smith... without all of the negative baggage. A clean slate to work with for Andy... with excellent pass weapons, good RB, and a good pass pro OL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:09 PM 03-14-2017
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...mock-draft-iii

27. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech - Be sure to listen to my quarterback podcast with Matt Waldman, specifically on the perception that Mahomes is a project. This would be a great situation for the quarterback.
[Reply]
Black Bob 10:52 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I like Peterman as well

I really like Dobbs. Mahommes should go on day three IMO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:20 PM 03-16-2017

This is a tough throw at any level. Mahomes makes it while about to get hit. His arm talent is ridiculous. Appears to hold S w/ eyes too. pic.twitter.com/iaMLfMjX1t

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) March 16, 2017

[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:50 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:

Is Mahomes your new Geno?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:54 PM 03-16-2017
A slower Steve Young.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:30 PM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Pretty much. He's the new Geno Smith.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:59 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
No. Geno Smith couldn't read a defense and couldn't get off his primary target in college. He couldn't do it in the pros either. Mahomes makes plays all over the field. Big difference. Mahomes has some mechanical flaws, not mental incompetence.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:23 AM 03-17-2017
Geno Smith was an arrogant POS who was never a leader. He had average arm strength and an inflated ego. The guy went to a fucking visit and was on his goddamn phone FFS.

Mahomes is a real developmental prospect who could be just like Stafford if he sits for a year.
[Reply]
rico 07:38 AM 03-17-2017
He's just him...I can't think of anyone to compare him to...
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:33 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No. Geno Smith couldn't read a defense and couldn't get off his primary target in college. He couldn't do it in the pros either. Mahomes makes plays all over the field. Big difference. Mahomes has some mechanical flaws, not mental incompetence.
Geno Smith as in highly overrated prospect, anointed as "the one" in the eyes of the CP "gurus", that will end up sucking in the NFL for one reason or another and be out of the league in a few years.

I'd be shocked if he makes it and turns into a franchise QB.

FTR, I don't hate every QB that comes out. I wanted Carr over Ford and was surprised when they passed on him. I thought Carr was the best QB in that draft. And surprise surprise, look how things have turned out.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:55 PM 03-17-2017
Geno Smith as in highly overrated prospect, anointed as "the one" in the eyes of the CP "gurus", that will end up sucking in the NFL for one reason or another and be out of the league in a few years.

I'd be shocked if he makes it and turns into a franchise QB.

FTR, I don't hate every QB that comes out. I wanted Carr over Ford and was surprised when they passed on him. I thought Carr was the best QB in that draft. And surprise surprise, look how things have turned out.

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No. I want no part of him in the first round.

You want to take a late second round flyer on him? Sure.

And to the dumbass who posted above, Geno didn't have an average arm. His arm was, and still is, very strong.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:55 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
No. I want no part of him in the first round.

You want to take a late second round flyer on him? Sure.

And to the dumbass who posted above, Geno didn't have an average arm. His arm was, and still is, very strong.
I tend to agree. Not worth a 1st with the talent that should be available. Mahomes is 1-2 years away from competing for a starting job. Lots to like about him, but his penchant to bail the pocket and air-raid background turns me off.

Every one of these top 4 qb prospects this year are so double-edged sword.....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up