ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:12 PM 02-19-2015
DGB is starting to be like Ebron/Beckham who I was in love with last year. I think the only way we get him is if we trade up.
[Reply]
Jakemall 02:53 PM 02-19-2015
DGB will be a 2nd round pick...or later if he doesn't grade well in the combine.

I liked Stephen Hill better than I like DGB. He's going to drop. Too many ???
[Reply]
jonzie04 05:01 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Jakemall:
DGB will be a 2nd round pick...or later if he doesn't grade well in the combine.

I liked Stephen Hill better than I like DGB. He's going to drop. Too many ???
He won't fall that far IMO. The guys a legit top 2-3 picking and he has people saying good things about him... And he will test well. Dude ran an electronic 10.55 100m in hs. Charles only ran 10.37 in college. The guy is going to run a low 4.4 at 237lbs.
[Reply]
Jakemall 12:00 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
He won't fall that far IMO. The guys a legit top 2-3 picking and he has people saying good things about him... And he will test well. Dude ran an electronic 10.55 100m in hs. Charles only ran 10.37 in college. The guy is going to run a low 4.4 at 237lbs.
Everyone said the same of Stephen Hill because of his tremendous strength, speed and height. I just see too many questions. He hasn't played in a while, character issues... He's gonna slide.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:05 AM 02-20-2015
KC has to hit on its first round pick. They can't miss 2 times in three years. It sets the franchise back too far. Your first round picks have to be your blue chip prospects that secure a position for years to come. Right now KC will be lucky - lucky, if their former 1.1 ends up being an average LT. And lets be honest, Dee Ford's limited ability to get on the field isn't great either, but it is way too early to tell with him. They can't risk it on DGB. Especially keeping him in the same geographic area where he had all of his previous problems.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:36 AM 02-20-2015
Everyone said the same of Stephen Hill because of his tremendous strength, speed and height. I just see too many questions. He hasn't played in a while, character issues... He's gonna slide.
Dude, Stephen Hill had terrible hands and average ball skills at best. He also wasn't very strong at the point of the catch. DGB is completely different from him, IMO. DGB actually knows how to use his size and knows that he is far larger and stronger than any DB that will cover him.
[Reply]
Jakemall 12:01 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Dude, Stephen Hill had terrible hands and average ball skills at best. He also wasn't very strong at the point of the catch. DGB is completely different from him, IMO. DGB actually knows how to use his size and knows that he is far larger and stronger than any DB that will cover him.

This was the typical scouting report on Hill:

Stephen Hill Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:
Game-breaking speed
Big-play threat
Explosive
Impressive first-step quickness
Quick feet
Athletic
Agile
Ideal height, length
Good blocker for the run
Leaping ability
Legitimate red-zone weapon
Dangerous with ball in his hands
Picks up yards after the catch
Great body control
Has some strength; well built
Quality guy in the locker room
Big upside

Weaknesses:
Raw
Didn't run the route tree in games
Lack of experience
Needs developmental time
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:17 PM 02-20-2015
DGB has kept his nose clean for awhile. If he interviews well, teams will look past the off field issues.

If he works out well, he won't sink a lot for missed playing time. He was probably a top 5 prospect before the dumb shit.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:06 AM 02-21-2015
One thing I'll say about DGB is that IF Kansas City drafts him then they MUST cut Dwayne Bowe. Bowe hasn't been able to leave the weed alone since coming into the NFL and I don't think it would be beneficial to a guy like DGB to have that type of influence in his same position group. I think it will be difficult enough for the kid anyhow, especially if he is in KC near everyone he knows.
[Reply]
Jakemall 11:19 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
Try closer to 4.5.

I think he goes early to mid 2nd.

Maybe Mike Evans not Megatron would be more of an optimistic comparison?
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:48 PM 02-21-2015
I like all these WR's. Any one of them would start for us. DGB or Lockett look good.
[Reply]
jonzie04 01:32 PM 02-21-2015
Try closer to 4.5.

I think he goes early to mid 2nd.

Maybe Mike Evans not Megatron would be more of an optimistic comparison?
sorry for being a little off. Thats still a very nice time, and i still think hes gone in the first. On the field DGB is much closer to Calvin in terms of athletic ability than he is to Mike Evans... Though you say that like its an insult. Mike Evans is a beast in his own right.

But some general observations, i'm very suprised at kevin white thats a blistering time for him, he doesnt look nearly that fast on the field. i think he may have given cooper some serious comp for the first wr gone.

also that kid from GA is a specimen.

Mayles 40 was dissapointing. i wonder if itll cause him to slide, he could be a steal in the 4th or so rounds.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:09 PM 02-21-2015
The dream of Kevin White is officially dead. I will not be surprised if Oakland takes him over Cooper at 4 overall.

Parker will likely be gone before us as well.

That leaves us banking on Strong or DGB in the 1st (Strong ran a lot faster than I expected, thought he would run in the mid 4.5 at best).

I like Agholor in the 2nd but he'll likely go pretty early or late in the 1st.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:15 PM 02-21-2015
Cooper is significantly less explosive than I expected.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:19 PM 02-21-2015
Darren Waller is also a physical monster, jesus how does GT keep coming up with these monsters? Such a shame that he isn't a better football player though and a shame that GT's offensive system sucks for evaluating WRs.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 37
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up