ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 37
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:32 AM 12-30-2014
Jesus...

I totally forgot about this guy because he's played on an absolutely horrible team, but he's been a freaking terror all year long:

Vince Mayle

Anybody wanting a guy like Devin White or Jaleen Strong or Devante Parker needs to take a serious look at this dude.

6'3", 220 lbs.

1483 yards, 9 TDs

Two games over 250 yards.

Dude has been an absolute beast all year with total crap around him. Nobody has shut him down all year. Utah's crushed WR all year and he put up 120 on them.

Huge, muscular dude with burst.

1 2014-08-28 Washington State N Rutgers 12 124 10.3 1
2 2014-09-05 Washington State @ Nevada 8 86 10.8 1
3 2014-09-13 Washington State Portland State 5 35 7.0 1
4 2014-09-20 Washington State Oregon 7 75 10.7 0
5 2014-09-27 Washington State @ Utah W 8 120 15.0 2
6 2014-10-04 Washington State California 11 263 23.9 1
7 2014-10-10 Washington State @ Stanford 6 78 13.0 1
8 2014-10-25 Washington State Arizona 14 145 10.4 1
9 2014-11-01 Washington State USC 9 83 9.2 0
10 2014-11-08 Washington State @ Oregon State 6 143 23.8 1
11 2014-11-22 Washington State @ Arizona State 15 252 16.8 0
12 2014-11-29 Washington State Washington 5 79 15.8 0

Originally Posted by :
The best-kept secret on the West Coast has been squarely on the radar of scouts since the beginning of the season. Evaluators are fascinated by the long-term potential of the 6-3, 219-pound senior. Mayle is a big-bodied pass catcher with outstanding ball skills who has grown into a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the Cougars' passing game. Against Arizona State, Mayle snagged 15 passes for 252 yards while displaying impressive athleticism, explosiveness and leaping ability. Mayle's ability to win 50-50 balls on the perimeter makes him an intriguing option for a team desperately looking for a big-bodied athlete to use on jump balls in the red zone. Considering the impact big, athletic receivers are making in today's game, Mayle's size and talent could make him a fast riser on draft boards during the pre-draft process.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:43 AM 12-30-2014
Titus Davis. In rd 2. Because moar central michigan.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:43 PM 12-30-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Jesus...

I totally forgot about this guy because he's played on an absolutely horrible team, but he's been a freaking terror all year long:

Vince Mayle

Anybody wanting a guy like Devin White or Jaleen Strong or Devante Parker needs to take a serious look at this dude.
Agree Sac... I've been thinking about and watching alot of him lately. He's really grown since last season. The dude is a legitimate sleeper to be one of the best receivers in this draft. I've been hesitant to mock him yet, but he's up on the radar.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:01 PM 12-30-2014
dayum... that's a full grown man right there. Gets any bigger, he will need to be a TE hybrid. Looked pretty good.. another thickly talented draft for WRs. Don't snub em this time, Dorsey.
[Reply]
jonzie04 07:06 PM 12-30-2014
Pretty impressed with Mayle, I'm pretty surprised by his route running skills. That was a beautiful dig route at 1:10. He sold the post pretty nice there. I love the way he uses his hands too to create that extra bit of separation and to get off the press. I'd love to have him in the second. Nice stuff.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:48 PM 12-30-2014
oooooh nice... fall a little bit further, Devante Parker, lol.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:55 PM 01-01-2015
If there is one WR I would put money on KC drafting, it's Sammie Coates. He is everything this organization looks for.

Amazing speed and strength. High potential but will need to develop. Can block and take any pass to the house on screens.

That picks screams John Dorsey to me.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:36 PM 01-01-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If there is one WR I would put money on KC drafting, it's Sammie Coates. He is everything this organization looks for.

Amazing speed and strength. High potential but will need to develop. Can block and take any pass to the house on screens.

I'm really leery of Coates. Awesome potential, grossly lacking production. I'd take him in round 3 or 4.
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:05 AM 01-02-2015

His hands are made of bricks and his ball skills are average at best. He's basically the Vernon Davis of WRs.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 10:17 AM 01-02-2015
fer shits and giggles, how would you rank the the top 10-12 wrs from 2014 and 2015 prospects (1-20)? Obviously the 2014 class having a year in the nfl will skew things (like no one thought Beckham would instantly be the most electrifying wr in the league)

2014 (drafted in first two rounds):

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Odell Beckham Jr.
Brandin Cooks
Kelvin Benjamin
Marqise Lee
Jordan Matthews
Paul Richardson
Davante Adams
Cody Latimer
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry

2015 WR board from GBN:

Amari Cooper
Davante Parker
Kevin White
Jaelen Strong
Devin Funchess
Dorial Geen-Beckham
Sammie Coates
Ty Montgomery
Nelson Agholor
Rashad Greene
Deontay Greenberry
Josh Harper
Tyler Lockett

would Cooper come in 4th behind Beckham Jr?

feels like the top of 2014 is (much) better, but a stretch of 2015 would run in the middle from like 5-10
[Reply]
jonzie04 12:27 PM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
fer shits and giggles, how would you rank the the top 10-12 wrs from 2014 and 2015 prospects (1-20)? Obviously the 2014 class having a year in the nfl will skew things (like no one thought Beckham would instantly be the most electrifying wr in the league)

2014 (drafted in first two rounds):

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Odell Beckham Jr.
Brandin Cooks
Kelvin Benjamin
Marqise Lee
Jordan Matthews
Paul Richardson
Davante Adams
Cody Latimer
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry

2015 WR board from GBN:

Amari Cooper
Davante Parker
Kevin White
Jaelen Strong
Devin Funchess
Dorial Geen-Beckham
Sammie Coates
Ty Montgomery
Nelson Agholor
Rashad Greene
Deontay Greenberry
Josh Harper
Tyler Lockett

would Cooper come in 4th behind Beckham Jr?

feels like the top of 2014 is (much) better, but a stretch of 2015 would run in the middle from like 5-10
Cooper is probably on par with Evans and Watkins. I think those 3 are interchangeable depending on who the team likes. Cris Carter said Cooper was Bamas best Wr since Ozzie Newsome (That includes Julio Jones), and is the most advanced young WR he's seen since Randy Moss.

I'd say
1.Amari Cooper
2.Sammy Watkins
3. Evans
4. Dorial Green Beckham
5. Odell Beckham
6. Davante Parker
7. Kevin White
8. Brandin Cooks
9. Kelvin Benjamin
10. Marquise Lee
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 PM 01-02-2015
Can't see how Tyler Lockett is there at our pick in rd 3. He's probably going to move into rd 2. His tape is so good and his skills are there. He'll blow up the combine and his stock will shoot up.

Would love this kid in rd 2.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:17 PM 01-02-2015
Can't see how Tyler Lockett is there at our pick in rd 3. He's probably going to move into rd 2. His tape is so good and his skills are there. He'll blow up the combine and his stock will shoot up.

Would love this kid in rd 2.
Yeah. Kid's got skills.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:58 AM 01-03-2015
As a WSU fan.

Mayle dropped a lot of passes the last four games. Has hands of stone when it gets a little nippy.
[Reply]
jonzie04 01:01 AM 01-03-2015
I know he isn't a sexy ultra fast WR or any thing but Man i love Tony Lippett, that guy is so such a great football player, just a great teammate, clutch, insanely reliable. I'd love to have him. He played both CB and WR vs Baylor, turned in 5 grabs for 75 yards, made a clutch catch on 4th down with less than a minute to go in the game, did an amazing job at cb, batting down a pass, and not allowing any plays over 20 yards. (pretty impressive against baylor)

And then theres the hit im sure you've all seen.

https://vine.co/v/OwVVed7ZHtp
[Reply]
Page 11 of 37
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up