ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 310
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:52 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think they had just signed him to a legends ambassador deal, too, or whatever it's called. He was going to be one of their main public faces, along the lines of how they used to use Mick Foley.

Just bizarre. And sad.
Warrior?
[Reply]
rico 08:43 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by burt:
Where?
Loras College in Dubuque, IA. It's D3. :-) But hey, it's a pretty respectable D3 program. My younger brother wrestled D1 at Northern Iowa. I have a brother who is a Sophomore and one who is an 8th grader...at the rate they are at, I am speculating that the current Sophomore will probably wrestle Juco (cheaper...not going to make the financial mistake his oldest bro made) and the younger one has the athleticism and skill to potentially be D1 someday...
[Reply]
Fairplay 08:59 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I know who they are. I don't remember them losing a lot at all.

I guess its only when I watch them I only catch half the shows on tv at best.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:43 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Warrior?
Yeah, warrior.
[Reply]
burt 08:53 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Loras College in Dubuque, IA. It's D3. :-) But hey, it's a pretty respectable D3 program. My younger brother wrestled D1 at Northern Iowa. I have a brother who is a Sophomore and one who is an 8th grader...at the rate they are at, I am speculating that the current Sophomore will probably wrestle Juco (cheaper...not going to make the financial mistake his oldest bro made) and the younger one has the athleticism and skill to potentially be D1 someday...
I wrestled @ UCM. But only 4 matches before breaking my leg in 2 places on the mat. 6 weeks in a cast(guess I did a great job). And I think "Rasslin" is mindless dither, but with awesome athletes. But to each their own...hell, I watch "Swamp People"..

On a sad commentary about our sport.. I went to a double dual this year. And at 53 years old, my stance is better than 90% of the participants....
[Reply]
rico 10:50 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by burt:
I wrestled @ UCM. But only 4 matches before breaking my leg in 2 places on the mat. 6 weeks in a cast(guess I did a great job). And I think "Rasslin" is mindless dither, but with awesome athletes. But to each their own...hell, I watch "Swamp People"..

On a sad commentary about our sport.. I went to a double dual this year. And at 53 years old, my stance is better than 90% of the participants....
That's pretty cool, man! Central Missouri? They have or have had a pretty respectable wrestling program, haven't they? That sucks about your leg. I bet you've had your "what if" moments because of it... I know I would.

Was the double dual in the KC region? That stinks that the kids you watched were apparently jabronified to the point where they don't even know how to get into a proper stance. The KC region produces some FANTASTIC wrestlers. I've seen them at the Park Hill Duals. My 8th grade bro finished the season with an excellent record of 72-3. One of his 3 losses was an OT loss at the Park Hill Duals against a kid named Jake Beason. KC is 6 or so hours away from where we live and we travel as far as Pennsylvania/Tulsa/Reno to find competition for him. Some of the best kids I've seen are at the Park Hill Duals.
[Reply]
burt 12:16 PM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
That's pretty cool, man! Central Missouri? They have or have had a pretty respectable wrestling program, haven't they? That sucks about your leg. I bet you've had your "what if" moments because of it... I know I would.

Was the double dual in the KC region? That stinks that the kids you watched were apparently jabronified to the point where they don't even know how to get into a proper stance. The KC region produces some FANTASTIC wrestlers. I've seen them at the Park Hill Duals. My 8th grade bro finished the season with an excellent record of 72-3. One of his 3 losses was an OT loss at the Park Hill Duals against a kid named Jake Beason. KC is 6 or so hours away from where we live and we travel as far as Pennsylvania/Tulsa/Reno to find competition for him. Some of the best kids I've seen are at the Park Hill Duals.
One of my wrestling friends back then, became Coach at Oak Park, now at Staley. He is an excellent cpach and took Oak Park to national recognition. If they didn't take every wrestler to state...it was a failure. But it all starts at the kid wrestling level.

And please, let's NOT go to what if......
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:35 PM 04-14-2014

I BOLIEVE...do you?
[Reply]
New World Order 08:38 PM 04-14-2014
Can we just talk about The Attitude Era?
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:38 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Can we just talk about The Attitude Era?
Can we talk about your blindness?
[Reply]
New World Order 08:39 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Can we talk about your blindness?

Do you honestly still like wrestling? It's fucking awful now.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:41 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Do you honestly still like wrestling? It's fucking awful now.
It's the very best it has been since the Attitude Era. And the talent in the ring is no worse than AS GOOD as it was in that era.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:47 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
It's the very best it has been since the Attitude Era. And the talent in the ring is no worse than AS GOOD as it was in that era.

How about we discuss talent in general:

The Rock, Stone Cold, Prime Undertaker, Masked Kane etc..

vs

Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena, 45 year old Undertaker

Honestly, who wins? There is a reason why television ratings in the late 90's were 7-8 vs. what we have now:

"The final rating came in at a 3.7, meaning WWE has had its most successful Raw since the 1,000th special episode on July 23rd 2012."

I'm not knocking you, I just wish the product was better.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:08 PM 04-14-2014
Yeah HHH had to put himself over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:10 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Yeah HHH had to put himself over.
What?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 310
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up