View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 166 of 343
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:09 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You act like drafting top 15 is the only way to get a decent LT.

And that's what we're talking about; a decent LT at a fair price.

We're not talking about Trent Williams on a rookie deal being the only thing that is better than OBJ.

OBJ is a weird fit for this offense; I've always thought. I think he's probably in the top half of LT's, but not probably top ten for THIS offense.

There are free agents every offseason; there is the draft, and having a one, two twos, and a two threes is a lot of capital. And there are trades. Any of those options could land a better fit in terms of skill-set for an Andy Reid pass happy offense.

It's not like it's a stretch for crying out loud.
Who are you thinking about here?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:57 PM 09-17-2022
The Chiefs would be insane to pay Brown what he’s asking based on these first two games. I don’t think he’ll play under tag again next year.

I believe the Chiefs are well aware they’ll be letting him go. Whether or not they have a plan, we’ll see. They have no intention of keeping him beyond this year at the level of play they’ve seen. Hell, a late first/early second round tackle can easily replace his current production right off the bat at 1/3 the price.

They know that, and are hoping he’ll become the player they thought he would. If he doesn’t, he’ll certainly be forgotten way faster than Justin Houston and Tyrann Mathieu. These guys have proven they don’t give two shits what you’ve done in the past or what you think you deserve. If you aren’t worth keeping, they’ll drop you like a bad habit.

He’s gone if he doesn’t ascend at an epic pace in a very short period of time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:04 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The Chiefs would be insane to pay Brown what he’s asking based on these first two games. I don’t think he’ll play under tag again next year.

I believe the Chiefs are well aware they’ll be letting him go. Whether or not they have a plan, we’ll see. They have no intention of keeping him beyond this year at the level of play they’ve seen. Hell, a late first/early second round tackle can easily replace his current production right off the bat at 1/3 the price.

They know that, and are hoping he’ll become the player they thought he would. If he doesn’t, he’ll certainly be forgotten way faster than Justin Houston and Tyrann Mathieu. These guys have proven they don’t give two shits what you’ve done in the past or what you think you deserve. If you aren’t worth keeping, they’ll drop you like a bad habit.

He’s gone if he doesn’t ascend at an epic pace in a very short period of time.
Slater looked so good (as he always does) that OBJ is going to look that much worse.

I actually think he played OK, but it stinks that the bolts keep drafting the players I really like.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:11 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What? How do you figure that the offer was not serious?
We offered a 6 year $139M deal that averaged $23.1 a year with $95 Million in the first 5 years. That put him as the 5th highest paid LT in that time frame.
That deal was more than he's currently worth. He chose to bet on himself having a great year this year, and that he'd be able to get more after this season. There's always someone who will overpay for an above average player at a premium position in free agency.

I think the Chiefs basically said Brown is fine, they'll keep him if the price is right, but we can't say he's good enough to lay out top money for and we won't do a long term deal that is poor value financially
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:50 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Slater looked so good (as he always does) that OBJ is going to look that much worse.

I actually think he played OK, but it stinks that the bolts keep drafting the players I really like.
That's what happens when you consistently have high picks and don't make the playoffs.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:02 AM 09-18-2022
Can he play RT?

And, if so, can Joe Thuney play LT?

And, if so, do we have anybody that can play LG? Allegretti? Wylie?

If so, should we really pay OBJ LT money, or move him like we do every OL and make it work?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:36 AM 09-18-2022
I haven't looked at every LT's situation for 2023, nor have I looked at the players expected to declare yet. But there will be options and opportunities as there are every year. I suppose what I'm most against is the idea that we are somehow stuck with Brown beyond 2022. It's simply not true.

*eesh. Spotrac has only two free agent LT's for 2023. Is that correct? That can't be correct. ANNNNND it apparently is a poor draft for OT's. That appears to be a freakish coincidence.

I suppose if we can't move on from Brown, we can simply tag him again.

Or Veach will work some Veach magic.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:50 AM 09-18-2022
We are not stuck with Brown. He isn't that good and most of us thought so after last year. We can do better and cheaper than that rediculous price he wants. Move up in the draft and get one.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:59 AM 09-18-2022
I’m not going to stress about what the Chiefs do at LT moving forward.

They’ll make Brown an offer they’re comfortable with and he’ll either take it or won’t. If Tyreek Hill can’t hold them over the barrel, no one can.

It’s not a great LT draft, so I’m not sure they trade up drastically from 32 to get one. But they’ll find a way to make it work.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We are not stuck with Brown. He isn't that good and most of us thought so after last year. We can do better and cheaper than that rediculous price he wants. Move up in the draft and get one.
I agree that we shouldn't overpay for his services. Before looking at the '23 LT FA list, I was of the mind that we should move on, get what we can for Brown, and sign a stop-gap decent LT for better value.

I'm now not certain such a player will exist in 2023.

This leaves a trade or the draft to acquire one. Which is fine, except that we will need to continue to re-stock the defensive line-and quality edge prospects generally come in round one. As do quality LT prospects. So there's a bit of a rub there.

It would appear we can do one or the other, but not both. We're either going to have to pay a DE, or pay a LT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:04 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m not going to stress about what the Chiefs do at LT moving forward.

They’ll make Brown an offer they’re comfortable with and he’ll either take it or won’t. If Tyreek Hill can’t hold them over the barrel, no one can.

It’s not a great LT draft, so I’m not sure they trade up drastically from 32 to get one. But they’ll find a way to make it work.
I agree, and i'm not stressing, but am curious.
[Reply]
TEX 07:20 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Can he play RT?

If so, should we really pay OBJ LT money, or move him like we do every OL and make it work?
He can. IMO he would be a better RT than LT. Deal is, I doubt he would move, and if he did, Im certain he would not like it and it would cause a whole lot of other types of issues.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If we could get a 2nd for him I'd make that deal in a ****ing heartbeat.
You never even say who you want? What would you give up to get "this" guy.

So it seems the plan is get rid of him. Use most of our draft capital we got in previous trades to move up in a piss poor LT draft? Really?

Some of you are insane. That's never going to happen. We need those draft picks to replenish the team.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:12 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Can he play RT?

Watch the first drive of the 2nd half of last years Bengals/Chiefs when Thuney was filling in for OBJ. He was abused. Hendrickson is good, but Bosa and Mack would have destroyed him...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 AM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So trade Brown Jr for a 2nd at best and then trade multiple 1st rd picks to move up?

So you realize how expensive that is and how it sets us back?

It’s either cash expensive or draft pick expensive
[Reply]
Page 166 of 343
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up