ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 40
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:56 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Carr was the one I was pushing for. I have been following him because of all of his tutelage from his brother on not what to do. Had amazing first year, followed by decent 2nd year. Now it seems he is turning the corner. And I am sad, because he should of been ours, but as usual we handcuffed ourselves to a retread free agent and never gave him actual competition.

All the whatifs from this, but more than likely he would of still been on the practice squad.

I wonder if there is a consensus from draft eligible qbs knowing they dont want the chiefs to draft you. If there are probably a chiefs fan. I would say we are Cleveland level when it comes to notary on qb development.
I don't think any qb is concerned that KC will draft them. They havent shown the desire to do that in decades and decades.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:58 AM 10-10-2016
I just want to thank the Chiefs along with all the other QB needy teams like the Texans who passed on Carr. After a decade in the QB wilderness it's a great feeling to not have to worry about the QB in a Raiders uniform.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:00 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why, yes, there's a strong possibility of that, lcarstradamus :-)
Lol
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:15 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon:
Carr sucks. Rudy, Hootie, & Fruity said so.
:-)
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I just want to thank the Chiefs along with all the other QB needy teams like the Texans who passed on Carr. After a decade in the QB wilderness it's a great feeling to not have to worry about the QB in a Raiders uniform.
They are really nice guys.... Thanks from me too Cheaps..
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 08:16 AM 10-10-2016
The Chiefs are a shitty franchise, and it starts from the very top. We don't have the balls (and likely never will) to go out and get a real quarterback.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:20 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
The Chiefs are a shitty franchise, and it starts from the very top. We don't have the balls (and likely never will) to go out and get a real quarterback.
It surprised me when they got Smith when they basically had a slightly lesser Smith in Casserole
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:22 AM 10-10-2016
When a team hasn't taken a QB in the 1st round since 1983, saying I can't believe they passed on "x" QB seems incongruous with the fact pattern.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:38 AM 10-10-2016
Do people even realize how easy of a schedule Carr has played? 4 out of games against teams with well below average pass defenses. Wait until he plays Denver x2, Bills, Chiefs x2, Texans and see where he really is...

Same story as last year, people were raving about him, then they re-looked at his games against top half pass defenses where his QBR was below 40.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:39 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Do people even realize how easy of a schedule Carr has played? 4 out of games against teams with well below average pass defenses. Wait until he plays Denver x2, Bills, Chiefs x2, Texans and see where he really is...

Same story as last year, people were raving about him, then they re-looked at his games against top half pass defenses where his QBR was below 40.
That story sound eerie familiar with Alex and Reid...

Creepy, like the twilight zone type of creepy.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:41 AM 10-10-2016

Didn't he get out of the gates quickly last year and play well before pooping the bed down to stretch of the 2nd half of the season?
[Reply]
Chromatic 08:44 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
The Chiefs are walking into a buzzsaw.

I don't see any way they come out of Oakland without being embarrassed.

The Raiders passing game is almost as productive as Pittsburgh's, but their OL is better, as are their corners.

Carr is just going to sit back and pick us apart. Alex won't keep up.
Did you really start a thread in the Raiders subreddit begging them to crush us this Sunday?

You're committed. Fair play I guess.

https://redd.it/56qn4z
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:57 AM 10-10-2016

Chiefs pass D is bad. Not sure if you noticed but they got torched last game.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:03 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Chromatic:
Did you really start a thread in the Raiders subreddit begging them to crush us this Sunday?

You're committed. Fair play I guess.

https://redd.it/56qn4z

:-)
[Reply]
Chromatic 09:05 AM 10-10-2016
Cold blooded.

[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:08 AM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Chiefs pass D is bad. Not sure if you noticed but they got torched last game.
They started a rookie against Pitt and had a non-existent pass rush. We'll come out of the bye week different. Houston coming back will restore their potential. Also, they're still in the top third...it's our run defense that is the true problem. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense
[Reply]
Page 14 of 40
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up