ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do we do at DE?
I actually think we're fine at the position. Jones will rotate to DE more. 15 18.99%
You're sleeping on a DE already on our roster who will become our DE2. 6 7.59%
Melvin Ingram! 33 41.77%
Justin Houston! 10 12.66%
Ryan Kerrigan! 5 6.33%
Everson Griffen! 0 0%
Ezekiel Ansah! 0 0%
I bet we trade for someone. 1 1.27%
I think we're just going to roll into the season with what we got but snag someone who gets Suggs'd midseason. 17 21.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you think we going to fix DE?
Direckshun 01:47 PM 05-03-2021
One thing I learned after the pile-on I suffered in the draft forum recently is that, in lieu of the outstanding job Veach has done rebuilding the OL, we've all kind of downplayed the severity of the situation at DE.

Frank Clark is the only clearly starting DE on the roster.

If he gets hurt, which he will because he always does, our starting DEs will probably be Mike Danna and Taco Charlton, with Tim Ward and Joshua Kaindoh rotating in.

That's just not going to get it done, folks.

I'm going to lay out some options that I can foresee, let me know what you think is most likely.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:36 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I think they would have been aggressive in getting a DE had Fisher not been injured...they had to do what they had to do.
They could have been aggressive in getting both. They undoubtedly have a plan for DE.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:49 PM 05-04-2021
I know people bring up Jones but I wonder if Wharton could be a stretch DE? Lord knows he’s got the athleticism to do it
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:37 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I know people bring up Jones but I wonder if Wharton could be a stretch DE? Lord knows he’s got the athleticism to do it

Spags never met a DL rotation he didn’t like...
[Reply]
poolboy 03:46 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Spags never met a DL rotation he didn’t like...
Seems like we are close if not already there...maybe they like the in -house players
Veach did say he was working on some FAs
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:47 PM 05-05-2021
I picked the Suggs option. Not a fan of the Ingram deal bc he’s not a fit. Compare him to kaindoh.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:58 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Seems like we are close if not already there...maybe they like the in -house players
Veach did say he was working on some FAs
It was later clarified that he was talking about UDFA
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:18 PM 05-05-2021
After Houston decided not to show up in the playoffs, it pretty much made up my mind that I don't want him ever wearing a Chiefs jersey again.

He had a couple really good seasons, 1 of those a REALLY good season.

Then he got paid and started getting injured and then became less and less productive.

I mean thats usually the way it works right lol ?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:41 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
After Houston decided not to show up in the playoffs, it pretty much made up my mind that I don't want him ever wearing a Chiefs jersey again.

He had a couple really good seasons, 1 of those a REALLY good season.

Then he got paid and started getting injured and then became less and less productive.

I mean thats usually the way it works right lol ?
Zzzzzz are people still spouting this bs about Houston?? "Decided not to show up"??? Smh!!...hows about the Pats having a top level line? Too many folks are just deluded when it comes to certain players...he's got 19 sacks in two seasons since he left KC...if that ain't enough to tell you what he could add to this team then I can't help you.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:59 AM 05-07-2021
While I'd prefer to add Ingram or Kerrigan, it doesn't seem like it'd be the end of the world if we just platooned whoever they keep out of Charlton, Danna, Kaindoh and Ward

Reed is going to be a terror next to Jonesy, so that should help cover the lack of star power at DE
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
While I'd prefer to add Ingram or Kerrigan, it doesn't seem like it'd be the end of the world if we just platooned whoever they keep out of Charlton, Danna, Kaindoh and Ward

Reed is going to be a terror next to Jonesy, so that should help cover the lack of star power at DE
Actually, I think we would be best served by having a DE who is strong against the run instead of a guy who can get after the QB. I mean, obviously we don't want him to be a wet blanket on passing downs, but with Jones and Reed in the middle, I don't exactly like the idea of putting Ingram at end and then watching RBs stack up 200+ yards against us.

Sort of like an Alex Okafor who's not made of glass. That would be nice. I don't think that kind of guy is available in free agency at the moment right now, I'm just saying what I'd like to see in an ideal world.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:35 AM 05-07-2021
Actually, I think we would be best served by having a DE who is strong against the run instead of a guy who can get after the QB. I mean, obviously we don't want him to be a wet blanket on passing downs, but with Jones and Reed in the middle, I don't exactly like the idea of putting Ingram at end and then watching RBs stack up 200+ yards against us.

Sort of like an Alex Okafor who's not made of glass. That would be nice. I don't think that kind of guy is available in free agency at the moment right now, I'm just saying what I'd like to see in an ideal world.
It did appear that, that was the plan previously. Danna may be that run plugger with a year in the gym and system. Then rotate Charlton in on 3rd and long.

Plot twist: Kaindoh is only here to be the Clark replacement, Okafors replacement is already on the roster, and they re did his deal last year after seeing Danna in training camp.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:38 AM 05-07-2021

Fair point, we don't wanna be soft vs the run on the ends

But it also seems like a good idea, if possible, to hedge against Clarks diminishing returns

Last season was his fewest sacks since his rookie year... so if he keeps fading in 2021, we're left with little pass rush pop at either end
[Reply]
TRR 10:40 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It did appear that, that was the plan previously. Danna may be that run plugger with a year in the gym and system. Then rotate Charlton in on 3rd and long.

Plot twist: Kaindoh is only here to be the Clark replacement, Okafors replacement is already on the roster, and they re did his deal last year after seeing Danna in training camp.
I’m wondering if Jones doesn’t get some run at DE this year. With Reed, Nnadi, and Saunders rotating at DT.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:42 AM 05-07-2021

Why? We were 23rd in rushing attempts against us.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:49 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
I’m wondering if Jones doesn’t get some run at DE this year. With Reed, Nnadi, and Saunders rotating at DT.
People keep bringing that up but from what i remember he wasnt that good there against the titans when he had to play.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up