ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do we do at DE?
I actually think we're fine at the position. Jones will rotate to DE more. 15 18.99%
You're sleeping on a DE already on our roster who will become our DE2. 6 7.59%
Melvin Ingram! 33 41.77%
Justin Houston! 10 12.66%
Ryan Kerrigan! 5 6.33%
Everson Griffen! 0 0%
Ezekiel Ansah! 0 0%
I bet we trade for someone. 1 1.27%
I think we're just going to roll into the season with what we got but snag someone who gets Suggs'd midseason. 17 21.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you think we going to fix DE?
Direckshun 01:47 PM 05-03-2021
One thing I learned after the pile-on I suffered in the draft forum recently is that, in lieu of the outstanding job Veach has done rebuilding the OL, we've all kind of downplayed the severity of the situation at DE.

Frank Clark is the only clearly starting DE on the roster.

If he gets hurt, which he will because he always does, our starting DEs will probably be Mike Danna and Taco Charlton, with Tim Ward and Joshua Kaindoh rotating in.

That's just not going to get it done, folks.

I'm going to lay out some options that I can foresee, let me know what you think is most likely.
[Reply]
O.city 03:29 PM 05-03-2021
Teams throw on first down though now. I think you need more than just Ingram.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:37 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
well let's just sign 6 pro bowl DE's then.

Jesus christ, man, you guys.

This is a process. We found some guys who could play some last year. We added a guy this year. We'll sign a vet that gives you something you count on, and you ****ing roll with it.

Damn.

You can't make every single position stocked full and two deep in elite players. It ain't Madden football.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:38 PM 05-03-2021
They've been playing with using Chris Jones at DE in some sets. He does seem to like rushing the passer more than defending the run.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:40 PM 05-03-2021
You guys are also SEVERLY underrating the impact that Jarran Reed is going to have next to Chris Jones.

Like SEVERLY. He's basically...another Chris Jones.

Quickest path to the QB is right there. No pocket. Crush that fucker.

Our front four is MUCH BETTER than day one 2020.
[Reply]
O.city 03:52 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys are also SEVERLY underrating the impact that Jarran Reed is going to have next to Chris Jones.

Like SEVERLY. He's basically...another Chris Jones.

Quickest path to the QB is right there. No pocket. Crush that ****er.

Our front four is MUCH BETTER than day one 2020.
If you dont' sign or bring in more DE"s, he's not gonna be next to him inside.

No reason to freak out, no one is saying they need an all pro. They need a nice solid vet.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:11 PM 05-03-2021
You probably need to draft your DE early next year anyway.
Will McDonald IV
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:16 PM 05-03-2021
We have Clark, Taco, Danna, Ward, the rookie. Jones and maybe even Wharton can kick out to DE, not sure how many DE they can carry or need.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:18 PM 05-03-2021
If you dont' sign or bring in more DE"s, he's not gonna be next to him inside.

No reason to freak out, no one is saying they need an all pro. They need a nice solid vet.
Again... is there really a downgrade from Kpassagnon/Okafor to Taco/Danna?

I really don't see one. If Jones bumps out to end it will be in key situations or rotationally. He's still a starting DT along with Reed.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:21 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
We have Clark, Taco, Danna, Ward, the rookie. Jones and maybe even Wharton can kick out to DE, not sure how many DE they can carry or need.
I think we're respectable there. We're not world class like the Bucs but we're ok...
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:32 PM 05-03-2021
I’ll take “Manufactured Thing to Worry About for $800”.
[Reply]
Bump 05:56 PM 05-03-2021
is Ryan Kerrigan getting too old now? He's had such a damn good career but the last 2 years 5.5 sacks each. But I'd take a chance on him for a good price, if we can even afford it.
[Reply]
Coach 05:57 PM 05-03-2021
Could possibly see the Chiefs experimenting post June 1 cuts on the cheap.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:02 PM 05-03-2021
Taco was a quality pass rusher before getting hurt. Not sure if that means anything to anybody.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:26 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
is Ryan Kerrigan getting too old now? He's had such a damn good career but the last 2 years 5.5 sacks each. But I'd take a chance on him for a good price, if we can even afford it.

He’s more of a rotational guy, plus they added Montez Sweat and Chase Young. It dropped his snap counts in 19 and 20. Don’t believe injuries were an issue.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:18 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s more of a rotational guy, plus they added Montez Sweat and Chase Young. It dropped his snap counts in 19 and 20. Don’t believe injuries were an issue.
Well what's the deal, Bart Vagina?!!!!! Why is this piece of shit not on the team yet?!

Dammit Carl!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up