ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 190
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:49 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Can you imagine anything weaker?
If I'm down 1 point in game 7 with 2 seconds left, I know who I'd choose...

Larry Legend!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:39 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
If I'm down 1 point in game 7 with 2 seconds left, I know who I'd choose...

Larry Legend!!
2 seconds left? I’d go Curry. He hasn’t proven to be super clutch, but he’s the only guy in league history who makes you hold your breath every time he shoots regardless of where he’s shooting from.

Now, if there’s time to create. Say 15 seconds left. Give me LeBron all day. I know he can hit from anywhere, create his own shot, and has incredible court vision to find the open man.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:48 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
2 seconds left? I’d go Curry. He hasn’t proven to be super clutch, but he’s the only guy in league history who makes you hold your breath every time he shoots regardless of where he’s shooting from.

Now, if there’s time to create. Say 15 seconds left. Give me LeBron all day. I know he can hit from anywhere, create his own shot, and has incredible court vision to find the open man.
Certainly couldn't go wrong with Curry, Lebron, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Reggie, or any of the other all-time greats. I read an article once where Stephen Curry said he ranked himself #2 for game winning shots. He said Jordan was #1 and then himself lol.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:43 AM 06-01-2021
Hasn't proven to be super clutch might be a bit of an understatement.

Steph Curry had more turnovers than made shots in the last 3 minutes of tonight's game.

Unacceptable, but not surprising. pic.twitter.com/ybOfPMrsSY

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) May 20, 2021

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:02 AM 06-01-2021
Can we just have another thread where KCC and Barry McCockiner try to convince the world.of LeBron's greatness?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:51 AM 06-01-2021

Still go with Jordan all day long. I don't care what the stats say. The stats are misleading. It doesn't count turnovers, missed free throws or passes. And some of those passes he passed on a good look. That's not even getting into the clear difference in defenses the two faced. Says a lot that they have the same number of makes despite Jordan playing way less games.

Lebron has moved himself into the elite category in late game heroics. But Jordan always had the look that he would murder your family to make a last minute bucket. It is the type of killer instinct you see in guys like Gretzky and tiger. It's not a knock on Lebron.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 AM 06-01-2021

Can you imagine anything weaker?
What was Kobe's? If I recall, Kobe's was actually pretty bad because he always took it upon himself to try to score whereas LeBron (until recently) always looked for the open man if he wasn't open or open enough. He was unfairly criticized early in his career for NOT playing hero ball at the end of the games. One of the things that made me like how LeBron plays the game from the get go.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:27 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What was Kobe's? If I recall, Kobe's was actually pretty bad because he always took it upon himself to try to score whereas LeBron (until recently) always looked for the open man if he wasn't open or open enough. He was unfairly criticized early in his career for NOT playing hero ball at the end of the games. One of the things that made me like how LeBron plays the game from the get go.
In 2011, ESPN Stats & Information's Alok Pattani dug through 15 years of NBA data—Bryant's entire career, regular season and playoffs—and found that Bryant has attempted 115 shots in the final 24 seconds of a game in which the Lakers were tied or trailed by two or fewer points. He connected on 36, and missed 79 times.

That would be 31%.
[Reply]
jettio 02:17 PM 06-01-2021
In 2011, ESPN Stats & Information's Alok Pattani dug through 15 years of NBA data—Bryant's entire career, regular season and playoffs—and found that Bryant has attempted 115 shots in the final 24 seconds of a game in which the Lakers were tied or trailed by two or fewer points. He connected on 36, and missed 79 times.

That would be 31%.
That information would be more meaningful if it included a tally of how many times Kobe was fouled on shots taken in the last 24 seconds and if that number is included in the tallies above.

Kobe and D. Wade had some years were refs blew a lot of whistles in their favor at the end of games.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:16 PM 06-01-2021
Bucks/Nets should be for the EC championship but will be a great series none the less.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:35 PM 06-01-2021
Going to laugh my ass off if Los Suns whip the Lakers tonight.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:46 PM 06-01-2021
Go Suns!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:49 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Going to laugh my ass off if Los Suns whip the Lakers tonight.
The only thing laughable would be if the Suns somehow lost this game to a 37 year old LeBron with a bunch of scrubs. The series is over if AD doesn’t return, was obvious from the moment he hit the floor that night.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Bucks/Nets should be for the EC championship but will be a great series none the less.
I suspect that will be the biggest challenge the Nets get the entire playoffs on their road to the title.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:51 PM 06-01-2021
The only thing laughable would be if the Suns somehow lost this game to a 37 year old LeBron with a bunch of scrubs. The series is over if AD doesn’t return, was obvious from the moment he hit the floor that night.
Anything to just shut Lebron up.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 190
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up